Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

Depression/feeling lonely in pregnancy

(4 Posts)
burleybump88 Tue 26-Aug-14 17:18:06

Hi, I'm new to this and not sure if I'm in the right place?

I'm pregnant with my second child and I feel desperately lonely all the time despite having a partner, I can't seem to shift this, I feel like I'm constantly fighting a darkness inside of me, I struggle everyday and it's even worse at night, is there anyone who can relate or give some advice on this please?

I really would like to know that I'm not the only one even though it feels like I am, from one mum to another.

Thank you.

DearDinah Tue 26-Aug-14 17:26:20

Hello,
Think this might be in the wrong place, perhaps request it be moved to pregnancy board?
But yes I too have have bouts of this during my pregnancy, my OH has a hobby that takes up much of his time so when I find myself alone, particularly in the evenings, my mind runs away with me & I often feel so very sad, cry my eyes out for hours alone. I've put it down to pregnancy hormones but am mindful it may progress into PND. I have asked my mother to keep an eye on my behaviour post baby.
Do you get much support from your partner? Do have any history of depression? I know I possibly should say tell your midwife, I've been told that myself but haven't been able to bring myself too. Do you feel you can raise it at your next appointment?

burleybump88 Tue 26-Aug-14 17:31:46

Hi DearDinah, I'm not how to move my post or where the pregnancy board is?

I suffer with depression anyway but I'm finding this really hard, I like you, find myself sitting alone at times and just crying because I don't know what else to do.

It's a horrible feeling because people say that it is the happiest time of your life but I just don't feel that way and that makes me feel worse especially when I can feel my baby kick.

DearDinah Tue 26-Aug-14 17:55:03

I know what you mean, I don't tell people how low I've been because I know I'll feel guilty which will make me worse! I am happy to have a baby & the end is thankfully is sight for me, but do worry about the time after.
Are you on any treatment for depression?
I have history of it, but wouldn't say I went into pregnancy depressed.
My husband doesn't understand & sadly I feel he's become very unsympathetic towards my condition, I can't blame him as I can't tell him what he can do to help. His life can't stop else we'll both be miserable.
How were you through your last pregnancy? Did you feel the same?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now