PLEASE NOTE: All Mumsnetters and Mumsnet Bloggers are welcome to post in this Talk topic but this isn't the place for promoting blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. If you do that here, we may well delete your posts. If you'd like to join the Mumsnet Bloggers Network please do apply: we'd love to look at your blog!

Granny dealing with 18 month old when mum goes into hospital

(2 Posts)
amkbaker Fri 30-May-14 23:28:45

My daughter, a single mum, will soon be going into hospital for at least a week. She has 4 children the middle two live with me and my husband. The youngest has been bonded to her hip since birth. He doesn't have a cot or a bed of is own at home. I have one but he has never slept in it. Neither does he have a pram at home and I have to fight to get him into a car seat. My daughter still breast feeds but really now as a comforter before he sleeps, she lies with him, when he wakes or when he is stressed. The only way I get him to sleep when he visits is to take him for a walk in the pram I have or take him for a ride in the car. If he wakes when I take him out he is extremely distressed. How am I going to manage caring for him overnight. Can anyone help?

Snog Sat 31-May-14 06:45:27

That's a tough one.
Get him vv tired out in the day running around outside and then maybe let him sleep in your bed?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now