PLEASE NOTE: All Mumsnetters and Mumsnet Bloggers are welcome to post in this Talk topic but this isn't the place for promoting blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. If you do that here, we may well delete your posts. If you'd like to join the Mumsnet Bloggers Network please do apply: we'd love to look at your blog!

An idea for a non-profit website - your opinion please

(3 Posts)
samtaylor15 Fri 21-Mar-14 16:44:01

I know this isn't necessarily the right place for this question, but I really respect a lot of you mum bloggers and value your opinion. I was just wondering if I could get some input on an idea I had…

My Little one was born 10 months ago, everything went fine with the birth and she has been a little angel ever since, but over the past few months I’ve felt like I wanted to do something for all those new mums that don’t have such an easy time. I have decided to set up a non-profit community interest business with the sole purpose of raising funds for Great Ormand Street Hospital.

My career has been in digital marketing and ecommerce management, so naturally I have decided to set up an ecommerce website. One idea I have had is to set up a baby and children products website, stocking a similar product range to Kiddicare.

My question for you is; would you actually buy from my website? Every single penny of profit I make goes to charity, all prices would be matched to the likes of Kiddicare and you get a similar level of service. Would that be enough to encourage you to buy from my website rather than Amazon or Kiddicare?

I am very keen to start this business because I really want to make a difference in my life, but I don’t want to go down this route if I am wasting my time. Please let me know your honest opinions.

Thank you!

Sam

Boggler Fri 21-Mar-14 16:48:13

I've just posted on top your other thread, why post twice?

andersonsophie89 Tue 29-Apr-14 22:30:25

I much rather buy from a mum and pops organisation, rather than Amazon, even if it slightly more expenesive, as these places do not have millions to pay lobbist. Also this is what keeps our business open in the UK and people in jobs. No matter if the money goes into charities or not, I would buy from small companies

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now