Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

Uni Project!!! Cooking with children survey/questionnaire

(5 Posts)
tk44y Fri 14-Mar-14 10:58:49

Hi all, i'm a Product Design student at Sheffield Hallam University and i'm currently doing a project on safety in the kitchen.

My aim is to come up with a product/child friendly utensils, which enables children to help cook/bake in the kitchen, but for it to be safe for them at the same time.

Ive made a survey and would really appreciate it if people could fill it in. It does have a few comment boxes in it, but thats so I can get as much information as I possibly can. The survey is also completely annonymous.

The survey link is: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/GZVM8X6

UriGeller Fri 14-Mar-14 11:03:22

My 3yo loves cooking. He has a bunch of wooden utensils scaled down that we bought from amazon. He uses a half size measuring jug and bowl that we got from tesco. Theres a lot out there already but I'll gladly fill your questionnaire.

tk44y Fri 14-Mar-14 11:49:31

Thank you for taking the time to fill out my survey, its much apprciated! I've seen products which are specifically for children already as you mentioned, but as a designer it's for me to see possible issues/possible opportunities to enhance or improve on existing products, or to create somthing original.

amistillsexy Fri 14-Mar-14 12:15:38

Done. I forgot to mention the toy cooker with scaled down utensils. My 3 boys have had this since the eldest was 4, and all 3 (ages, 8 and 10) were playing cafes with it just yesterday grin

amistillsexy Fri 14-Mar-14 12:22:35

As far as toys are concerned, they'd love to have toys that look like they are working. They were looking at a toy blender in sainsburys the other day and we're really disappointed it didn't look like it was real, so a blender that whizzes round with beads in it, or something would be great.

We've got a lovely wooden coffee percolator, which has brown beads you pour in the top, then press a switch and they come out of the spout into the waiting coffee pot, to be poured into a cup. They love that, but want more 'real' toys.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now