PLEASE NOTE: All Mumsnetters and Mumsnet Bloggers are welcome to post in this Talk topic but this isn't the place for promoting blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. If you do that here, we may well delete your posts. If you'd like to join the Mumsnet Bloggers Network please do apply: we'd love to look at your blog!

Chinthurst school tadworth

(3 Posts)
sarah00001234 Sat 01-Mar-14 18:20:25

Hi,
Can anyone help? My son is due to start at Chinthurst School, Tadworth in September and I have just heard at a birthday party that the main site has been sold to a developer. I've checked on land registry and it was sold in December. I am furious about this as I was very worried about sending him there looking at their accounts but was assured that because they own their buildings they have no financial problems. I feel tricked. I'll obviously call them first thing Monday and get my deposit back but just wondering if anyone knows what is going on?

reluctantsuburbanmum Mon 03-Mar-14 18:28:37

Hi there...poor you, so stressful. I live near Tadworth, but don't know anything about Chinthurst, I'm afraid. My kids are at Caterham, which I can thoroughly recommend if you are looking for a good school. If you want to know more about Caterham, I'd be very happy to chat to you.
Best of luck - it's so stressful trying to sort schools!
PS. Not sure how old DS is but there is a school bus from Tadworth to Caterham for senior school.

jrsmum3 Wed 05-Mar-14 08:05:49

Hi, just to let anyone reading this post, this is a malicious rumour. Chinthurst is not closing, far from it, it is absolutely thriving. It is a small family school with excellent academic results and promotes strong values. It is well worth a visit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now