Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

Chinthurst school tadworth

(3 Posts)
sarah00001234 Sat 01-Mar-14 18:20:25

Hi,
Can anyone help? My son is due to start at Chinthurst School, Tadworth in September and I have just heard at a birthday party that the main site has been sold to a developer. I've checked on land registry and it was sold in December. I am furious about this as I was very worried about sending him there looking at their accounts but was assured that because they own their buildings they have no financial problems. I feel tricked. I'll obviously call them first thing Monday and get my deposit back but just wondering if anyone knows what is going on?

reluctantsuburbanmum Mon 03-Mar-14 18:28:37

Hi there...poor you, so stressful. I live near Tadworth, but don't know anything about Chinthurst, I'm afraid. My kids are at Caterham, which I can thoroughly recommend if you are looking for a good school. If you want to know more about Caterham, I'd be very happy to chat to you.
Best of luck - it's so stressful trying to sort schools!
PS. Not sure how old DS is but there is a school bus from Tadworth to Caterham for senior school.

jrsmum3 Wed 05-Mar-14 08:05:49

Hi, just to let anyone reading this post, this is a malicious rumour. Chinthurst is not closing, far from it, it is absolutely thriving. It is a small family school with excellent academic results and promotes strong values. It is well worth a visit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now