Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

Falmouth American Diner

(4 Posts)
lilbex81 Mon 10-Feb-14 20:35:03

I have a friend who wants to open an American Diner near the docks and Ocean Bowl. His food is amazing so no worries there, but he wants to know whether any mums/dads would use it? Really nice homemade burgers, goujons etc for kids with milkshakes, ice cream sundaes without all the added rubbish other fast food places add. Also a proper American diner, blues music, relaxed layout inside. What does everyone think? Is he crazy?!

Ragwort Mon 10-Feb-14 20:36:59

How near the Docks? That sounds a bit 'off the beaten tracks' for Falmouth. I love Falmouth but I wouldn't choose to go the Ocean Bowl area. The centre of town or the Moor end is much busier.

lilbex81 Mon 10-Feb-14 20:42:38

Thanks for your input, that's what I was thinking as parking is not great. Nearest car park is Ocean Bowl and there is a public one that costs 80 p an hour. I think he was hoping the docks workers would use it also?

Ragwort Tue 11-Feb-14 20:50:40

I doubt the dock workers would use it, you really need to tap into the tourist market in Falmouth.

PS: Out of interest, is he watching the restaurant man programme on Wednesday nights about people starting up new restaurants, might give him some tips grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now