Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

Does anyone have issues with upload limits (WordPress.org)

(4 Posts)
katese11 Sat 18-Jan-14 22:41:50

I've recently moved my blog over from WordPress.com to WordPress.org and am having a few issues...but the most annoying one is it has an upload limit of 2MB for pictures. My pictures aren't very high-res but they're still too big. Anyone else have this problem and how did you get around it?

fcknits Sun 19-Jan-14 16:29:58

I've never had a problem with uploads. However, I would never use such large image files! shock Seriously, I'd resize and compress them. (Resize your pictures in your graphics program. Then there's lot of free online services that will compress image files or you could just save at a lower resolution or quality.) Also, enable gzip and caching, to try and reduce load time for your visitors. x

katese11 Sun 19-Jan-14 22:09:11

Thanks! I don't know why they're so large - they are just from my phone camera so maybe I should adjust a setting there. They are pretty darn lovely tho! Atm I open them in Paint, save them again and that seems to work....but it might be affecting the quality

fcknits Mon 20-Jan-14 11:39:34

Try GIMP - it's free and pretty much comparable to Photoshop. smile x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now