PLEASE NOTE: All Mumsnetters and Mumsnet Bloggers are welcome to post in this Talk topic but this isn't the place for promoting blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. If you do that here, we may well delete your posts. If you'd like to join the Mumsnet Bloggers Network please do apply: we'd love to look at your blog!

Starting a Blog - How?

(6 Posts)
Theonlyoneiknow Tue 14-Jan-14 12:45:04

Hi Everyone,

I spotted this and thought it would be a good place to ask!

I am thinking about starting a blog but don't know where to start!

I studied for a degree in Scriptwriting for Film & TV at Uni and haven't written since. I used to love writing and although as yet, am not sure what my blog will be about, I would like to have something that I can also use to post about what we are doing as a family.

Any suggestions? Are there good free web based blogging sites?

Many Thanks in advance
TOOIK

SundaySimmons Tue 14-Jan-14 13:13:05

Hi, I've been thinking about doing this too but I also don't have a clue!

Theonlyoneiknow Wed 15-Jan-14 14:45:23

Can anyone help us? smile

whatdoesittake48 Wed 15-Jan-14 16:42:39

try Blogger - it is really easy and totally connected to all your Google stuff.

You could be writing in just 30 mins.

Using a blog to keep your family and friends updated on your life is great. But don't forget that anyone can read it.

katese11 Fri 17-Jan-14 20:28:06

WordPress is also easy and free!

fcknits Sat 18-Jan-14 20:36:39

WordPress, Blogger, Tumblr... there's lots of free blogging options but those are the big three.

Tumblr is more visual. WP is more customisable. Blogger is more foolproof. Depends on what you want and your (intended) audience.

Good luck! smile x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now