Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

Post not showing in the feed

(4 Posts)
indigogirl66 Sun 29-Dec-13 11:03:49

I'm signed up to the mumsnet blogger network, but I've noticed that my posts don't always show up in the 'latest post' feed. Sometimes they do, and sometimes they don't immediately, but then when I check later its appeared/ but by then its several pages down. Is it something in my settings I need to change or just bad luck?
Anybody else have this problem?

TottWriter Fri 03-Jan-14 14:23:06

I tend to experience this. It usually takes my blog posts a couple of hours to appear on the feed, by which point they're a few pages back.

I use Blogger to host though, and I am wondering if that's the problem. I've been doing a bit of theorycrafting and noticed that most of the blogs on the front page are hosted by Wordpress instead, so am wondering if that platform is spotted more easily.

I'm planning to migrate my blog there soon anyway, so I will let you know if I have any better luck once I've got around to that particular chore!

indigogirl66 Fri 10-Jan-14 22:42:30

I'm on Wordpress too, so not sure if that's the issue... Unless its to do with Wordpress .com vs. .org? Who knows?! Thanks for your response! Let me know if you manage to solve anything... You sound more techy than me...!

Chrissie10 Sun 12-Jan-14 13:37:53

I've got a blog within a website and have registered as a newbie with the Bloggers network - and I can't see that anywhere!

Maybe I need to get hunting!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now