PLEASE NOTE: All Mumsnetters and Mumsnet Bloggers are welcome to post in this Talk topic but this isn't the place for promoting blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. If you do that here, we may well delete your posts. If you'd like to join the Mumsnet Bloggers Network please do apply: we'd love to look at your blog!

People finding my blog through Twitter: how does that work?

(13 Posts)
TheTwistedYarn Fri 13-Dec-13 23:33:32

I'm new to blogging. www.thetwistedyarn.com Traffic has been slow to build, but tonight when I checked my stats, there were loads of hits. This was a 'Yay!' moment, but quite confusing. Some of these hits came via Twitter according to my Wordpress.com dashboard, but I can't see any way of finding out who has tweeted about me or what they've said. Maybe they've said "Go take a look at this shit blog!" An American online wool shop has posted a picture of my work on Pinterest today - I don't know if that's got anything to do with the Twitter thing. Anyone know how I can find out more, please? I'm signed up to Twitter but have never tweeted.

TheTwistedYarn Fri 13-Dec-13 23:35:39

Forgot to say in the above post, my number of followers via Wordpress is suddenly showing as 0, when it was 22 this morning. What's going on??!

Any advice and wisdom appreciated...

fcknits Sat 14-Dec-13 17:09:58

You've had 3 lovely, helpful tweets about your website. Webs Yarn Store, in particular, has over 14k followers. I imagine a fair few of your Twitter visitors came via their tweet. ;)

Next time, search for your domain name. That's how I found the relevant tweets. ;)

HTH x

TheTwistedYarn Sun 15-Dec-13 19:23:45

Fcknits, that's amazing! Thank you!

fcknits Sun 15-Dec-13 21:07:46

You're welcome, hun. smile x

zanuda Tue 17-Dec-13 01:40:56

You could see it through this site as well: whotalking.com/thetwistedyarn
But it doesn't help if somebody gives a link to your site without mentioning the name and tweet is big => link shortend, so your name won't appear.

BTW you should start using twitter regulaly - use the waive.

zanuda Tue 17-Dec-13 01:47:09

Sorry for typos - should be sleeping long time ago...

TheTwistedYarn Tue 17-Dec-13 22:40:58

Zanuda, thank you. I really ought to start tweeting, I know. What's the waive?

zanuda Wed 18-Dec-13 11:01:35

grinblush - typo - wave. Saw it straight forward after publishing, somehow spellchecker allowed it. But I don't see any way to edit my own posts...

MmeCinqAnneauxDor Thu 19-Dec-13 22:32:56

I have some tips here on using Social Media - a very basic tutorial on Twitter http://www.saltandcaramel.com/learn-twitter/ in Ten Minutes and Promoting on Social Media, if that helps.

Twitter is great for blog promotion.

MmeCinqAnneauxDor Thu 19-Dec-13 22:33:41

Whoops, made a mess of the links Learn Twitter is here.

AnotherHastyNameChange Sat 28-Dec-13 20:01:58

Thank you, mmecinqanneauxdor - will take a look.

AnotherHastyNameChange Sat 28-Dec-13 20:02:28

Sorry, I'm the OP, just name changed for something else!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now