Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

Congratulations, First Great Western, you dismissed a woman - and just lost a regular customer.

(248 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

Bidisha Sat 31-Aug-13 11:31:22
exexpat Sat 31-Aug-13 22:52:40

Salbertina - this is Huffington Post, not Grauniad. They do let some whiney stuff through into Comment Is Free sometimes, but I think someone at the Grauniad might have raised an eyebrow and said "really?" at this one.

ButThereAgain Sat 31-Aug-13 22:54:11

I'd never read a Bidisha piece before this one. But I had quite often seen her spoken of fairly highly on MN and thought of her as someone who, if I read her, would give me a more positive view of political/activist blogging than my actual jaded take on it. Having read this piece I don't think I could ever take anything from her seriously. Was/is she really a force for good?

confuddledDOTcom Sat 31-Aug-13 23:31:42

Well the best bit about that article was the fun I've had reading this thread.

twistyfeet Sun 01-Sep-13 12:01:52

Did she not come back? I had a great time out in Bristol last night and will be retuning to Lahndan on a FGW train later when my head stops banging grin

I will watchn out for subtly sexist guards and bitter journalists and shouty status arses. And tell them to keep it down. I think that last whisky was a mistake. Ouchouchouchneverdrinkingagainetcetc

twistyfeet Sun 01-Sep-13 12:03:46

I steered my wheelchair off a kerb and fell over and some nice young men came and lifted me up.
Is that cos I is a woman?
Should a feminist have said 'Nooooo, stand back egads, I shall deal with myself sexist pigs!'
Fraid I leered drunkenly wink

CatAmongThePigeons Sun 01-Sep-13 12:09:33

For a journalist theres quite a lot of bollocks in the article. The complaints team would be just in replying TL;DR.

CatAmongThePigeons Sun 01-Sep-13 12:14:13

Oh and for everyone who has ever been to or lived in Bristol, we thank you for never wanting to come back, I assume that you include the rest of the south west too? <hopeful>

I had a station guard lift my pram up the steps last weekend, how dare he! Just because I am a woman. Bastards...

sweetiepie1979 Sun 01-Sep-13 12:19:05

God that was a boring read!

Onesleeptillwembley Sun 01-Sep-13 12:20:23

twisty you sound great fun. Can I come out and be oppressed with you? wink

Me too, Onesleep - I think we could really have a good time!! grin

twistyfeet Sun 01-Sep-13 13:06:26

Sure onesleep. Let me stun the screechy child then we shall hit the town. Hair of the dog n all that.

squeaver Sun 01-Sep-13 13:13:02

Why journalists need editors.

confuddledDOTcom Sun 01-Sep-13 14:10:57

Sometimes I think MN needs a like button! Or a love button (that sounds weird confused) you're all brilliant!

katese11 Mon 02-Sep-13 20:02:46

Woh! I thought it was building up to a point and assumed "dismissed" in the sense of "sacked"....wrong on both points. If you take an hour to get from Reading to London, you're on the wrong train!

SoupDragon Mon 02-Sep-13 20:46:09

No sign of the OP? Is FGW perhaps the only train company serving Mumsnet...?

katese11 Mon 02-Sep-13 20:50:05

^Oh First Great Western
I thought you were the best, then
You threw it in my face
That was not so naice^

Onesleeptillwembley Tue 03-Sep-13 01:55:12

Oh wow! Not a single argument, disagreement or enemy difference of opinion on here. We've also arranged snigger out with Twisty. Good thread all round. grin

Onesleeptillwembley Tue 03-Sep-13 01:55:54

Enemy = even

Onesleeptillwembley Tue 03-Sep-13 01:56:19

Snigger = a night out

Onesleeptillwembley Tue 03-Sep-13 01:57:57

Though no doubt we'd be sniggering on said night out, between the wine and the fun and the oppression. grin I'm off now. I've obviously been practicing for said night, and my phones taking the piss.

I like the concept of a snigger out with twisty - it sounds like a perfect name for it!

twistyfeet Tue 03-Sep-13 15:46:37

we'd be sniggering grin

candycoatedwaterdrops Sun 13-Oct-13 15:46:45

Congratulations, Bidisha, on writing the biggest load of wank I've read all day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now