Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

I am more confused than my name

(7 Posts)
foreveryus Fri 09-Aug-13 08:52:30

Haha this made me laugh. Yes buy a test kit but avoid blue dye! I had horrible evaps on those..frer is your go to.

My main sign is my love of potatoes! I can go through a whole kilo of potatoes a day! With my daughter I gained 20 kgs (45kg to 65kgs)..i could eat potatoes in the morning..lunch and dinner! And couldn't stand meat. So when I started looking for potatoes like my life depended on it, i knew I was in trouble(in a good way) and yup I was..towards the end of my first trimester now and amazing enough, haven't gained a pound! Still at 44.5 kgs but only time will tell. Off to boil some buds now :p

fcknits Tue 30-Jul-13 14:07:42

Get some pregnancy tests. Test now and in a week's time. You might get a false negative but you're unlikely to get a false positive. Retest as required. But if your period ends up more than a fortnight late (and you have no history of very erratic periods), it's time to contact your GP and/or early pregnancy unit.

If you feel the urge to test a zillion times... you can get really cheap test sticks from Ebay. ;) Otherwise, if you just need a couple of tests, the supermarket own brand ones are fine.

Personally, I always knew because I felt the weight gain. Not like bloating - like a special "fat" feeling. But I end up with an extra 3 stones by full term so I gain weight rapidly! (Don't worry - you really do lose it all again after baby arrives.)

GL x

rockybalboa Sat 27-Jul-13 20:26:21

You don't need to go to the hospital to find out, just grab a testing kit from the nearest supermarket or chemist (own brand ones are fine, I never understand why people pay a fortune for a stick to pee on) and find out that way. Good luck!

Onesleeptillwembley Sat 27-Jul-13 19:45:06

Sorry, just pissing myself at your' nibbles'. Rather apt if you are and bf.grin

zanuda Sat 27-Jul-13 19:24:32

Do you have a history of periods being late?

carameldecaflatte Sat 27-Jul-13 15:05:20

Go and get a test and pee on it! (Then come back and post results!)

My symptoms: much the same as normal pre-period but more so.

Oh and my nibbles didn't really darken through my whole pregnancy. grin

PregsOrFat Sat 27-Jul-13 05:43:14

So...
i have looked up early signs of pregnancy. all of which are confusing to me.
Fatigue- um... well not really. but i have been eating lots of sugar things lately definite energy boost.
Cravings- candy, and anything sweet
Darkened Nibbles- i don't look at my nibbles frequently...so at a loss there
Frequent urination- i drink water for 7-8 hrs at work everyday...
Bloat- readdress "cravings" which is why i may just be fat.
headaches- yes definitely
missed period- 3 days late...4 as of today.
mood swings- sure...but i wouldn't really identify that as a symptom per se
hot- taken two both negative
So either Mother Menstrual has forgotten my name, or this is some sort of conspiracy...my next and only option is to go to the hospital and find out that way. i have hardly had time to do so however because of work. And the best part is im a tax paying telemarketer with no insurance.
Smh.
I know this site is for moms, or moms-to-be who know for sure they are moms-to-be, but please Beautiful Baby Bellies, share with me your stories. what your beginnings were like. what symptoms you may have had. because to be honest i may not know im pregnant until my water breaks. lack of flexibility in the work department may have me just believing im overweight and hungry...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now