Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

Blogprompt: Father's Day

(16 Posts)
AuthorAl Mon 17-Jun-13 12:54:12

Hi there - here is a quick link to my blog about Father's day. I used to hate the day but love it now. Amazing how having a child makes such a positive difference.

www.alandapre.com/blog/?p=843

Bests,
Alan

www.childcareblog.co.uk sorry didnt make link live!

Did you think like me that the only thing celebrated today was Fathers Day? Seems we're wrong! www.childcareblog.co.uk/ I'm interested to hear if anyone suffered from an absent partner due to a Harley Davidson or motor-obsession or did they roll over give in and join the clan? and whats the impact on children

unpublished Sun 16-Jun-13 22:50:25

I wrote this for all the single mums out there who have to do the jobs of both mum and dad. talkaboutyork.wordpress.com/2013/06/16/fathers-day/

sonysony Sun 16-Jun-13 22:12:16

Did you think like me that the only thing celebrated today was Fathers Day? Seems we're wrong! www.childcareblog.co.uk/ I'm interested to hear if anyone suffered from an absent partner due to a Harley Davidson or motor-obsession or did they roll over give in and join the clan? and whats the impact on children

distressedhousewife Sun 16-Jun-13 10:19:02

My (quite soppy - sorry) post, wishing my husband a Happy Father's Day www.distressedhousewife.co.uk/happy-fathers-day

Singlemomworking Fri 14-Jun-13 22:17:20

Hum...fathers. I do happen to have the most inspiring and wonderful dad. But he really did not do much of the child rearing. My mom brought me up, my dad worked and made sure my mom was happy. He has been much more influential in my adult life.
This is why I really don't feel that my daughter is missing out on the dad thing. The man shows up once in a while....
http://janettara1.wordpress.com/2012/12/18/a-single-mothers-view-on-single-mothers/

HelenSims Fri 14-Jun-13 17:49:53
MumaLeary Fri 14-Jun-13 17:16:30

mummetamorphosis.wordpress.com/2013/06/12/one-for-the-dads/

Hiya, this is my most recent blog on the dads in my life. :-)

Enjoy. Xx

MumaLeary Fri 14-Jun-13 17:12:46

mummetamorphosis.wordpress.com/2013/06/12/one-for-the-dads/

Here is my recent post on Fathers and Father's Day. I hope that you like it and that whatever you (and the weather) is doing, you have a good one. Xx

JessMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 13-Jun-13 15:19:07

Thanks for these fab posts! Do also have a look at this from Redpeffer on fathers and positive male role models: time to re-name Father's Day? It's up on our homepage today.

psychologymum Thu 13-Jun-13 14:57:51

Why fathers are important role models. wp.me/p29Oas-g6

Mummyadventure Thu 13-Jun-13 13:16:13

I made some bunting with my toddler for father's day and he loved the painting and sticking http://www.themummyadventure.com/2013/06/homemade-fathers-day-bunting.html

CbeebiesIsMyLife Wed 12-Jun-13 11:57:51

I did one this morning, I dont think its what your looking for, but I'm going too add it anyway wink How does fathers day always seem to creap up on me? cakeskidsandotherramblings.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/fathers-day.html

KateMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 12-Jun-13 09:57:53

Hello all

We thought we'd do a quick blogprompt for posts about fatherhood this week, seeing as what it's just around the corner...

So: let us have your thoughts on fathers, in all their myriad variations. Write about your own father, or the father of your children - or (if you're one yourself), about your own role.

Add your URLs here, and we'll tweet them over the coming week. If you're lazy pressed for time, feel free to add one you've made earlier ;-).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now