Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

Anyone out there? Come and introduce yourself and your blog!!

(261 Posts)
Craftsonsea Thu 31-Jan-13 09:43:37

Hello, I would love to read more blogs by people on this network and I'm sure others would too! Please introduce yourself and your blog and drop in your url, twitter handle and facebook page so we can all try and find some new things that might interest us! I'll start eh?
I write CraftsonSea which is non pretentious crafty stuff wink sewing, silversmithing, cooking, the odd rant, sometimes a bit of photogaphy or Essex stuff. My facebook page is over here and I tweet at @craftsonsea
Right who's next?

thelastslayer Tue 19-Mar-13 21:37:44

Hi all

I'm a bit all over the place at the moment!

I blog at A Hell Of A Woman which is a mish mash of posts about PND, book reviews, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, the Zombie Apocalypse and pretty much anything else that I love!

I tend to spend a bit too much time on twitter, where I'm @the_last_slayer and I've just joined Polyvore which I'm using to explore a new interest in clothes and my own personal style. You can find me there as thelastslayer.

I may even sort my Pinterest account out some time soon!

MrsPurplePumpkin Wed 20-Mar-13 16:43:02

Hi!

I'm Michelle, blogging at www.thepurplepumpkinblog.co.uk, my tag line is Cook, Craft, Create - since I blog about a load of different things! I'm a work from home mum to a teenage boy and am loving blogging - been doing it since Nov '11.

I'm on Twitter - @cherry_o but rarely use it, never really got on with twitter, and on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ThePurplePumpkinBlog

I'd love to get to know more UK bloggers since most that I read are US based which aren't always relevant to me!!

xx

rachel19784 Wed 20-Mar-13 16:46:04

Hi I am Rachel and my lifestyle and parenting Blog is http://umeandthekids.blogspot.co.uk/ Irun reviews, chat, comps, my thoughts and views, I have M.E 2 boys and a husband who is a Police Man so always on the go. I would love to follow more Bloggers and make new friends!

happymschicken Fri 22-Mar-13 11:00:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

happymschicken Fri 22-Mar-13 11:23:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Hi Craftsonsea,
I can't believe I've only just noticed this thread. Great idea, and as other posters say, introduces a more community feel to this site!

I write about interiors: often about products to buy that I think are worth posting about (nothing at silly prices) eg upcoming spring/summer launches from high street brands, plus new ranges from online companies...

and then I throw some random bits into the mix, for example artwork from international artists that we might not have heard of here (well I haven't heard of, and think others would like to know about it!), plus architecture, vintage, etc. So all a bit of a mix; I tend to post twice a week so the content changes regularly.

Do come and say hello and let me know about your sites, I'd love to discover them.

Blog: www.findthedetails.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FindTheDetails
Twitter: @findthedetails

landofmakebelieve Fri 22-Mar-13 11:37:30

PigeonPairNell Just checked out Wendy's World too, minimum. Great blog!

Just seen this, as not been on this thread for a while and wanted to say thank you very much, glad you enjoy reading it! smile and a bit of blush too!
grin
Think that's the most emoticons I've managed to get into one little post, lol!

bettysmumuk Fri 22-Mar-13 16:36:33

Hello

My blog - Betty's Nifty & Thrifty is totally inspired by Mumsnet. I've seen so many hints & tips over the last few years from here and the net, I decided to put them all in one blog. It goes without saying that the Poonami Vest Trick is one of the first hints!

I only started it a few months ago and I'm on a very steep learning curve but I'm really enjoying it.

My blog is bettysniftyandthrifty.wordpress.com and my twitter is https://twitter.com/bettysmumuk.

Hope you enjoy reading it!

marthamufffett Sat 23-Mar-13 09:05:06

SOMETING TO MAKE YOU SMILE

I write 'Letters to Nigel Slater'. letterstonigelslater.blogspot.co.uk.

It is a fictional correspondance between Martha Muffett (care-worn single mother in the Peak District) and the food writer Nigel Slater, following his 'Kitchen Diaries' vol 1 and 2.
It is about life and food and the universe; infused with humour and a ladle-full of love.

Nigel's really enjoying it. He said, on Twitter,'I can't tell you how much hilarykaren's charming blog has meant to me over the past year'; which was really sweet of him.

Richard Johnson, food writer in 'The Guardian', found it and has loved it and has asked me to do some reviews for British Street Food, which I am now also placing inside my blog.

PLEASE TAKE A LOOK and judge for yourself.

Best wishes,

Hilary

curtaincall Sat 23-Mar-13 11:38:38

Hi Craftonsea and others in this thread,

I started my blog in Feb www.heirraising.com but have only just got into the swing of it. I am a cartoonist who is taking a wry look at parenting in the 21st century. You can see some of the mums and kids I meet including Gummy Mummy (with her mobility scooter), Plummy Mummy (in her Chelsea Tractor), Mission Mum (with her Kumon Maths and violin classes) and Pyjama Ma with her inimitable wardrobe at the school gate. There'll be some dads too in due course.

Please let me know what you think, and I welcome any good suggestions! smile

David1447 Sat 23-Mar-13 18:50:42

I've just posted a short story - 'One Dollar Toyota' and there's an update on my great uncle's Guyanan gold mine and the Heir Hunter!
www.whatireckonis.com

David1447 Sat 23-Mar-13 18:53:31

I've just posted a short story - 'One Dollar Toyota' and there's an update on my great uncle's Guyanan gold mine and the Heir Hunter!
www.whatireckonis.com
This time with the link - sorry!

ExasperatedSigh Sun 24-Mar-13 02:00:21

Hello everyone,

I write one of those everything-and-nothing type life blogs at ivybones.wordpress.com/. Really enjoying reading through this thread, so many excellent blogs to catch up on! Thanks Craftsonsea.

Hi I am new to mums net my daughter suggested there are grandma's like me. I am a young minded grandma to my grandchildren . I am five minutes from my daughter. My husband works away from home so having my family close by has it good and bad points. I love cooking and have plenty eager to taste. I have my wee lhaso apso dog whom is my baby. I still have two sons living at home who are both unemployed and under my feet all day. I would like to see them in employment but how I don't know how much longer . Any way just thanks for looking please feel free to answer my blog.

It would help if you linked to it, Onceinalivetime. smile

kfovargue Tue 26-Mar-13 15:13:10

Hi there I have been in the network only a couple of weeks I blog about my diet journey, write product reviews, recipes and fabulous success stories from my fellow dieters which keeps me totally motivated too I am on twitter @kfovargue and my website is mydietjourney.co.uk :-)

GwenLove Tue 26-Mar-13 17:52:44

Hi I am Gwen Love and I am writing a fictional blog based on my diary from 1996. I am hoping it will take people back to their youth as I use loads of cultural references along side the emotional story. I hope everyone will enjoy a bit of 90's nostalgia with me. Find me on Twitter @gwenlove3 and here is my blog so far www.gwenlove76.wordpress.com thanks xx

nicolarae4 Tue 26-Mar-13 18:04:59

Hi Everyone,
I'n Nicola and I blog at MonstersFun House

Monsters fun house is a parent and toddler review based blog where we like to give our honest and open opinions on just about anything!

I'm also on Twitter as @charliefunhouse

I look forward to chatting with you all
Nicola

MrsTwinks Fri 29-Mar-13 21:27:19

hiya, some lovely blogs you talented folks!! (I was taught flattery gets you everywhere can you tell?)

Just started really, getting to grips and finding my "thing" or whatever, but its small space living, crafting, and a bit of old skool homemaking/cooking.
I was pretty much born a few decades too late.

www.retrodelicious.com

twinkbat Fri 29-Mar-13 22:05:06
fcknits Tue 02-Apr-13 22:11:57

I have 2 blogs: FC Knits (knitting and crochet) and Purple Noir Blog (web design and webdev, coding, etc). smile

For FC Knits, my twitter handle is @fcknits and my FB page is Facebook.com/fcknits. I'm also on Ravelry as cbknit12.

For my other blog, my twitter handle is @lovepurplenoir and my FB page is Facebook.com/purplenoir.

I'd be very happy to welcome any new visitors or followers - particularly if you love knitting, crochet and/or coding! ;) Or, if you'd just like to vent about WordPress and/or small children who don't sleep through. sad lol I'm also on G+ but all my social media links are on my blogs so I'm going to forgo looking up the lengthy numerical URLs. :p

MamaMummyMum Wed 03-Apr-13 14:42:12

Hi I'm Chantelle, I have literally just joined Mumsnet.

My blog can be found at mamamummymum.blogspot.co.uk

I blog about myself and my little family and all the little things we get up to, as well writing reviews for products related to our family lives.

I look forward to reading through your blogs.

smile

kfever10 Wed 03-Apr-13 15:37:16

Hi everyone smile I am Kate, I have 2 children aged 7 and 4, and a bump due May 2013. I blog at Family Fever and I am @FamilyFever on Twitter.
I also have a fairly new Facebook page, am trying to get to 100 likers if anyone fancies helping ;) Family Fever Facebook
I blog about family life - everything from kids, crafts and baking to reviews and guest posts!

Scarfmum Thu 04-Apr-13 23:00:11

Hi I'm Shelley and I have a new blog at themumwiththesilkscarf.blogspot.ie. I live in Donegal Ireland and my blog is about the lives of my family, parenting maianly and anything else that crops up. I love taking photos and I hope to get better at this through my blog. I'm going to try and go through the messages above and if not following already will do so, Craftsonsea I'm already following so thanks for starting this thread.
I'm fairly new to blogging so any tips or advice would be most welcome - Thanks a mill

Hi, my name is Fiona and I blog at TheSouthside Girl.

I blog about everything from life living in a house full of men, to beauty reviews, and more.

A full time mummy with two little boys living in the south side of Glasgow. Currently involved in an Easter Holidays challenge "30 WILD things to do before you're 3" Feel free to come over for a look and join in smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now