Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

(72 Posts)
RecipeJunkie Sun 27-Jan-13 07:11:46

I believe I am first this morning. slow roast merguez shoulder of lamb. Drool.

mumsmakelists2 Tue 29-Jan-13 13:08:06

It's enough to reduce a grown woman to tears ...

MmeGuillotine Tue 29-Jan-13 13:23:05

Thanks Rhinestone! I'm not usually this bad but, yes, the weather isn't helping at all. I just want to stay in bed most days. sad

FiveHoursSleep Tue 29-Jan-13 14:03:43
MmeGuillotine Tue 29-Jan-13 14:14:50

FiveHours We have pretty much the exact same situation going on at our infants/junior school and it looks like they'll be amalgamated from September onwards. I'm presuming it's all gone ahead as we've just had a letter home telling us that both schools are getting a completely new uniform, which is a PITA for those of us who were planning to hand old jumpers down. ;)

Um, anyway, I shall watch your post with interest as I have no idea what to make of the whole thing! I don't know if we're supposed to be pleased or not!

katese11 Tue 29-Jan-13 14:44:06

This may not be the most original thing to post on around here, but hey...
A huge rant on why the major newspapers are ganging up to attack mothers this week

sloppy, ill-informed journalism makes me mad. Hulk SMASH.

katese11 Tue 29-Jan-13 14:44:37

And hugs to MmeG...sorry to hear you're not great.

TheNewson Tue 29-Jan-13 14:46:50

Instead, I was stuck - Augustus Gloop style - up the slide at Ankle Biters Playcentre, being de-wedged by a caterpillar mascot that looked like a giant purple penis, to the sound of small children singing the theme tune to The Teletubbies.

Something had to give. It did. The arse on my reinforced pregnancy jeans. During the walk of shame back to the high chaired seating area.

ThisLittleP Tue 29-Jan-13 14:57:27

I've been blowing my head off & having a good root around (for the sake of a 'new' handbag)

MmeGuillotine Tue 29-Jan-13 15:15:46

Thank you katese! xx

wading into the ratios debate here

Cheer up Mme and Rhinestone - even poor mental health can have a silver lining...
How BPD made me a better expat

reluctantsuburbanmum Wed 30-Jan-13 09:17:03

Do we see ourselves as other people see us? No!

AMillionMilesOfFun Wed 30-Jan-13 09:42:25

This week we couldn't resist making fishy cheese pods into a fishy collage.

MmeGuillotine Wed 30-Jan-13 11:16:32
Craftsonsea Wed 30-Jan-13 11:44:57

Thank you RecipeJunkie before I wrote the post my thought was "I would really like someone to say you've hit the nail on the head"! I don't think I quite managed it, but I'm happy enough smile Also sending some love towards MmeG and if that doesn't help some wine and thanks

PetiteRaleuse Wed 30-Jan-13 12:32:43

I've written about my five favourite classic books

Do you agree?

MmeG loved that blog post smile

MmeGuillotine Wed 30-Jan-13 12:48:08

Thank you Crafts and Petite! smile thanks

FiveHoursSleep Wed 30-Jan-13 14:30:29

The Gallery today

MmeLindor Wed 30-Jan-13 15:08:01
cjfriess Wed 30-Jan-13 19:12:02

I have found an alphabet picture book that I like but I am looking for others. It would be great if you could add your recommendations to Story Snug too smile

RecipeJunkie Wed 30-Jan-13 19:45:41

My afternoon. In a limerick. With apologies to Edward Lear. #sendgin

heathibiza Wed 30-Jan-13 20:05:25

I got married last year with our six kids as my entourage. (!) It was a lovely day but not without the odd hiccup. I would love to hear about anyone else's wedding day . The good ,the bad and the ugly all welcome smile

FiveHoursSleep Thu 31-Jan-13 09:53:45

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now