PLEASE NOTE: All Mumsnetters and Mumsnet Bloggers are welcome to post in this Talk topic but this isn't the place for promoting blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. If you do that here, we may well delete your posts. If you'd like to join the Mumsnet Bloggers Network please do apply: we'd love to look at your blog!

(84 Posts)
YoungDebbie Sun 13-Jan-13 00:31:26

Anyone else getting the urge to tidy up this weekend or is it just me?

A Study In Tidiness

And no, I'm NOT pregnant and "nesting"! But there IS a cause for my compulsion that I suspect many of you will share! Let me know if you agree...

RecipeJunkie Sun 13-Jan-13 08:00:38
Craftsonsea Sun 13-Jan-13 11:27:10

A quick silent sunday from me cos I'm busy writing blog number two!!

I have finally finished, and blogged about, my first ever patchwork quilt.

I made it completely out of my scrap fabric stash apart from the backing which I bought a double flat sheet and used.

It only took me 18 months to finally get round to finishing it after I started cutting out the squares!

I'd really appreciate feedback as I have never made a quilt before. smile

StewieGriffinsMom Sun 13-Jan-13 12:22:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

plantsitter Sun 13-Jan-13 12:33:26
StephanieDA Sun 13-Jan-13 14:48:24

Talking to my teenage daughter about what to wear without screaming 'you're not going out dressed like that!!' My latest blog is here:
communicatingwithkids.com/talking-to-my-teenage-daughter-about-what-to-wear/

borninastorm Sun 13-Jan-13 17:05:29

I'm having another rant, this time about communal changing rooms in secondary schools.

A Silent Sunday from me too. It's a funny tale...

fuzzypicklehead Sun 13-Jan-13 20:03:05

Overmydeadbody, that is fantastic! (Also, noticed I have the same futon and chest of drawers as you, but they look much better with your quilt. )

fuzzypicklehead Sun 13-Jan-13 20:04:36

Oh, and I posted a fulfilling photo roundup to cover all the things we've been making over the festive season.

sallyjenkins Sun 13-Jan-13 20:05:07
ATOmum Mon 14-Jan-13 00:59:30

I've blogged about sex, friendship and relationships.. just the usual then..

Irresponsibility, sexting and public displays of affection

cjfriess Mon 14-Jan-13 08:27:01
sonnyandluca Mon 14-Jan-13 12:00:54

My little sister and I have started a project called Motherbare - The anonymous thoughts of a parent.

sonnyandluca.co.uk

Mark, Sonny, & Luca
www.sonnyandluca.co.uk

wrestlingalligators Mon 14-Jan-13 13:32:13

Especially for mums of boys:

Baby boys: not a consolation prize!

Pleased to have found your writing blog, sallyjenkins!

yassusarah Mon 14-Jan-13 13:45:07

Riding horses keeps me sane in the cold weather and dark nights

This morning we had just Enough Snow This afternoon we are having quite a lot more!

CollectorofCookbooks Mon 14-Jan-13 14:02:03

I spent most of the weekend eating, and why I love Jamie Oliver.

Nanniejo Mon 14-Jan-13 15:01:09

I should be at the gym now, but have written this blog post instead, about eating and now I reeeaallly fancy a piece of my choc and banana cake- oh dear- well here's the blog post anyway:
Now That Is Tasty..

mumsmakelists2 Mon 14-Jan-13 17:20:38

Phewwww!

We made it through ... just ... a party of 14 three to four year olds, (plus mums and a few dads & siblings), crammed into our house for littl'un's third birthday.

This one may not be for those of a sensitive disposition - my daughter and I made a stuffed cat/thing/monster

Introducing She-la with apologies for ensuing nightmares

HebeinDC Mon 14-Jan-13 19:32:12

After the US election, I worried I would have nothing to write about. So thanks, Joe Biden, for being you.

You just put your lips together and blow, Joe .... why Vice President Joe Biden is like a BIG OLD SEXY TROMBONE.

www.hebeindc.wordpress.com

hertfordshiremummy Mon 14-Jan-13 20:00:16

What else is there to do on a snowy day but keep calm and make soup!

www.hertfordshiremummy.com/2013/01/a-soup-for-snowy-day.html

SamanthaBarnesArtypops Mon 14-Jan-13 21:42:10

It's been a pretty bloody marvellous Monday over here... Enjoy x

darlingartist.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/the-one-where-i-get-to-spend-whole-day.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now