PLEASE NOTE: All Mumsnetters and Mumsnet Bloggers are welcome to post in this Talk topic but this isn't the place for promoting blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. If you do that here, we may well delete your posts. If you'd like to join the Mumsnet Bloggers Network please do apply: we'd love to look at your blog!

Help! My blog appears to have died!!

(6 Posts)
CraftsonSea Tue 04-Dec-12 19:47:40

So, here I am about to write a lovely blog post, try to log into my blog and....its not there. Can't get on the main site, can't get into my admin site. No idea what to do or where /why / how/ anything. I am self hosted on wordpress, but as DHs blog is still up (and both were set up together) I don't think its the hosting. Obviously I have never backed up anything because I am a luddite and had no idea how to do it.
Any help or ideas much appreciated!! Its craftsonsea.co.uk/

CraftsonSea Tue 04-Dec-12 20:47:30

Ahem, apparently its that my server is down. Apologies for my flouncey panic! blush

KateMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 06-Dec-12 16:18:07

Sorry we missed this craftsonsea - but you've made us giggle. That must have been a looong hour between posts grin.

SaskiaRembrandtVampireHunter Thu 06-Dec-12 16:29:43

Which platform are you using? If it's WordPress there are plugins that will create automatic backups.

CraftsonSea Thu 06-Dec-12 19:39:16

Lol, I have no idea how I'm allowed to have a blog since I am a super luddite. Am on MintHost and it was pretty much down for 48 hours, lost three posts including a blinder on Kate Middleton which I referenced AIBU in. Typical!

CraftsonSea Thu 06-Dec-12 19:39:34

Also thinking I better investigate that plug in!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now