Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

Help! Save me from new blogger obscurity!

(29 Posts)
Zoela1 Sun 02-Dec-12 22:23:20

Is it usual to feel like an idiot blogging to one woman and her dog when you first start? When I hit the 'Publish' button I'm sure I can hear tumbleweed drifting through the room!

I'm up to three posts now, but how on earth do you build up followers or know if anyone is interested? I've joined twitter etc, and hope to join mumsnet bloggers network when i've posted a few more entries but...?

Thanks in advance for any advice/feedback you can give.
(Hmmm is it ok to post my blogs url here?) forthegirlblog.blogspot.co.uk

Zoela1 Mon 17-Dec-12 15:15:31

...actually, I'm off to start a thread about that. Gotta get to the bottom of it...

Zoela1 Sun 16-Dec-12 22:26:44

How often do you all post, by the way? Seem to be quite prolific. I think twice a month is all I can do at the moment - any thoughts on whether or not that's enough to keep readers interested in coming back etc?
PS Posted another festive one - cynically milking Christmas for material!
PPS what is it about blogging that turns one into a mini demagogue, crazily seeking followers?

Zoela1 Thu 13-Dec-12 21:54:37

Thank you, Suzanne. Good advice! Great blog, and congratulations on blog of the day! I've got a feverish toddler at the moment so will have a proper read when calm is restored!

As everyone else has said, it will come. I emailed my link out to friends and family but kind of wish I hadn't now! It will be a slow climb but enjoy the ride smile 7 months in and I still wonder how on earth you get up to those big blogging stats - but then I'm competitive, impatient and don't do anything half-heartedly! Now following your blog smile I blog at 3childrenandit.blogspot.co.uk and after all 7 months finally achieved mumsnet's blog of the day yesterday!!

Zoela1 Sun 09-Dec-12 09:07:24

Thank you, RarelyUnreasonable! And thank you Thisisaeuphemism too - your blog is great - very funny!
Hmmmm it's probably best to post more regularly, isn't it? But i think it will only be a couple of times a month (slow writer, single parent – bad blogging combo!). Great to have such encouraging comments from other bloggers - so many interesting things to read out there!

RarelyUnreasonable Sat 08-Dec-12 08:07:41

Love it! About to find you on twitter, op.
Get writing grin

Baby was NOT inside. Argh. I'm going to make some toast.

No I'm not, I'm here; Doh.

grandadcametotea.wordpress.com/

No, no, it's me with the dimness, for having two unconnected names.

I'm at www.grandadcametotea@wordpress.com

I was thinking, if you're going to lose a buggy, - ours was nicked from the front garden (fortunately baby was inside), then how wonderful that it was husbands fault and not yours!

PigeonPairNell Fri 07-Dec-12 23:43:55

Ok, I might be displaying a high level of dim-ness, but I can't work out how to get to your blog from your user name - what's your url, thisisaeuphemism?

PigeonPairNell Fri 07-Dec-12 23:40:01

Thanks, Thisisaeuphemism. Will look at your blog now!

I enjoyed pigeon pair too. Glad Austin is doing well.

Come on zoe! I want to read some more...

Zoela1 Thu 06-Dec-12 22:23:49

Thanks MmeGuillotine too - really happy you like it!

Zoela1 Thu 06-Dec-12 22:01:26

Thank you PigeonPairNell! No need to be self-conscious - it's lovely - and what gorgeous photos of your children!

PigeonPairNell Thu 06-Dec-12 20:58:50

Oops that should be pigeonpairandme.blogspot.co.uk/

PigeonPairNell Thu 06-Dec-12 20:58:08

What great writing. I've signed up as a follower too!

I recently started a blog too, and am having a similar problem. My main difficulty is that I'm very self-conscious about publicising it to people I know in the 'real-world', as I've never done anything like this before. I'm having fun with it, though.

Here's mine: http://pigeonpairandme.blogspot.co.uk/

MmeGuillotine Thu 06-Dec-12 11:38:29

Awesome. Have followed you too. smile

Zoela1 Thu 06-Dec-12 09:18:36

Thanks! Bloody hell, i'm going to have to think of something for the next post, quick!

LeftMeInSuspenders Wed 05-Dec-12 21:51:54

It's a great blog! I'm following. smile

Zoela1 Wed 05-Dec-12 21:17:10

Thank you!

katese11 Wed 05-Dec-12 18:36:24

i'll follow you too - you are v funny smile

Zoela1 Mon 03-Dec-12 22:00:59

Thanks everyone for your replies, and kind comments! Yes, YoungDebbie, I think I am being a bit impatient - idiotic really because I just like writing it... and I don't even know what I expect would happen were the blog to suddenly get lots of readers! Nice to know people have enjoyed it so far though.

YoungDebbie Mon 03-Dec-12 20:00:08

Blogging isn't the right game for anyone who wants instant results - keep telling yourself patience is a virtue and that your reward will come in time! I saw a graph once of someone's blog stats showing that there's a slow snowballing effect, if you only stick at it, and mine certainly reflects that constant upward trend. The time goes by very quickly once you get going with it. Try not to check your visitor stats too often, keep adding quality content and spending a reasonable amount of time engaging in social networking, and you'll get there - have faith!

Following! Bad santa had me giggling!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now