PLEASE NOTE: All Mumsnetters and Mumsnet Bloggers are welcome to post in this Talk topic but this isn't the place for promoting blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. If you do that here, we may well delete your posts. If you'd like to join the Mumsnet Bloggers Network please do apply: we'd love to look at your blog!

Any daily bloggers out there?

(5 Posts)

I haven't set out to blog daily but I probably do more than I don't. I just post according to ideas and time available.

Mine's not a diary blog, it's just my ponderings on the meaning of life <cringe emoticon>.

My post lengths vary, sometimes they're quite short 'put it out there' ideas and sometimes they're mini-essays. It's hard to say which are more popular as it's a new blog and the peaks and troughs of traffic are usually more dependant on sharing than the subject of a post. Also, my longer ones have been about sensitive subjects such as bereavement so many of the replies/comments were private and from friends.

www.ifyoudo1thingtoday.com

Autismmumma Sun 25-Nov-12 06:15:01

Hi Amanda
I do a daily diary-type blog about life with my daughter with autism and occasional topics/reviews too. It's become routine now but there are days when I think "what can I write".

Like one of your replies, sometimes the post that you think is not brill, turns out to be popular.
Keep going Jx
Http://www.bluecrisps.wordpress.com & www.autismmumma.com/

choochy Sat 24-Nov-12 15:26:16

Hi Amanda,

I blog every day - it's hard sometimes, but really rewarding, if that's the right word. It's keeping me sane and I've made some brilliant friends in the same niche as me.

It can be a bit daunting - what the hell do I have to talk about today, etc???? But sometimes if you just pull one strand from your day out, you can fashion a whole post around that. An observation, or a symptom or just something that made you laugh or cry.

Bizarrely, the posts I think are not my best seem to be my most popular!!!

Choochy at www.stumblinginflats.com

NanniJ Fri 23-Nov-12 18:31:46

Hi Amanda! I do a daily blog, too - I treat it as if I'm writing a diary which I find makes it seem a bit easier. Very occasionally I can't manage to post and on those occasions I try to post a photo with a short caption explaining why there's no Daily Blog for that day. I think I get a bit neurotic thinking of the people who may slip away if I don't keep feeding them!

My blog is usually light-hearted but, like you, I often find that the "deeper" posts go down well.

Keep on blogging!

Jaqui

www.retiringinstyle.net

peekyboo Thu 22-Nov-12 15:30:53

I've been trying to keep up with my daily blogging and mostly I do manage, but I must admit to a wobbly moment the other week when I had a vision of all the blog posts I'd have to write!!
I wondered how other daily bloggers cope with this? Other than the occasional lapse, have you managed to keep up with the pace? Do you think the type of blog affects it too?
Mine is an aspergers blog and is split between quite light-hearted stuff and more soul-searching posts, which can be exhausting. My readers seem to prefer the deeper posts, too, which makes life more complicated!

Amanda
www.aspie-girl.blogspot.co.uk/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now