Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

How do you appear on the most recent posts section on the welcome page?

(11 Posts)
reluctantsuburbanmum Mon 26-Nov-12 14:28:05

Thanks all for trying to help. I just got this answer from MNHQ. So that explains it!

Thanks for your email. I just took a look at your blog and our feed to see if
there were any problems, and you're definitely up there.

It's just that blogs get pushed off the homepage pretty fast because we have so
many bloggers in our network. A blogpost usually publishes at the time you
started typing, so if it takes you an hour or two to post, your post may appear
much further back in our recent feed than you expected. You can change the date
and time that your posts publish on your blog, if you're worried about this.

But your blog posts appear in our feed, honest!

It does take a few minutes to post up, it isn't instantaneous.

So post, wait 30 minutes and then check.

If it still isn't there, contact HQ.

Good luck!

carovioletfizz Sun 25-Nov-12 20:40:24

I'm the same, and I've reported it to MNHQ before who have said it definitely does appear - I always check after posting a new piece though and my blog is never, ever there - I still don't really understand.

reluctantsuburbanmum Sun 25-Nov-12 20:30:41

Thanks for the info. Definitely not there. Will blog again and see what happens!

It should do it automatically. If it's not there, check the second page, as it moves fast.

If it's still not there, report this post or email MNHQ.

reluctantsuburbanmum Sun 25-Nov-12 19:31:54

Hi Pebbles - you have no idea how your comments cheered my day...thank you so much. Plus, I hopped over to your website and it is really beautiful - I can see you have an artistic eye.

pebbles77 Sun 25-Nov-12 13:43:10

I can't tell however thank you for sharing your blog - I LOVE IT - I spent the last 10 minutes nodding at everything that you've written. Keep writing
Pebbles

reluctantsuburbanmum Sun 25-Nov-12 10:53:49

Hi there

Yes, I am talking about the main blog page...I've emailed mumsnet HQ but no reply so far...can anybody help? Thanks.

ilovesushi Sat 24-Nov-12 12:27:05

Hi

I think you are talking about the main blog page, not the talk page? If so I was just wondering the same thing. I just updated my blog but it's not there. I thought it would be automatic but maybe we have to do something first.

x

You need to have the most popular thread to appear in most recent.

reluctantsuburbanmum Wed 21-Nov-12 16:01:37

Hello there

I am new to this website and have done all the links to my blog but despite updating today, my blog, 1 household, 100 Fat Opinions, hasn't shown up. Is there some clever thing I have to do, or is it automatic?

I've written about women and how much worrying we do - would love to hear your middle of the night worries at kerryfisherauthor.blogspot.co.uk

Would be very grateful if someone could shed any light....thank you so much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now