PLEASE NOTE: All Mumsnetters and Mumsnet Bloggers are welcome to post in this Talk topic but this isn't the place for promoting blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. If you do that here, we may well delete your posts. If you'd like to join the Mumsnet Bloggers Network please do apply: we'd love to look at your blog!

Supporting parents of babies with colic

(7 Posts)
ColickyBaby Mon 05-Nov-12 14:38:27

Hi all, I'm a two-time survivor of infantile colic. Two of my children (for various reasons) suffered from uncontrollable crying and the stress it put on me and the entire family is unlike anything I have ever experienced before.

We are now over the colic days but I really wanted to do something to support those who are currently struggling to cope with 'colic hell'. Hence, my first dabblings into the world of 'blogging': www.colickybaby.co.uk is a site I set up to connect and help parents of colicky babies.

I would be grateful for any advice on how I can connect with more parents and if you have ever dealt with colic yourself I would love to feature you as a guest blogger!

choochy Mon 05-Nov-12 17:15:30

I had a terribly colicky baby - nothing worked except holding him tight for hours on end. Tried every remedy going, including homeopathy.
Until! A friend recommended getting him a couple of cranial osteopathy sessions. I was dubious - how on earth would he stay still on the treatment couch?? But, lo and behold, two sessions later, he was cured. And the neighbours had a party to celebrate....
choochy @ www.stumblinginflats.com

2under2blog Tue 06-Nov-12 09:49:30

What a great idea for a blog, there'll be plenty of parents up at 2am reading, I'm sure! I was very lucky and escaped colic with my children but I know loads who have really suffered. I'm sure you'll help loads of people.

time4anewname Tue 06-Nov-12 10:56:50

Colicky I see you are selling gripe water and other stuff on your blog. Why not slings? I only had one windy/colicky baby and the sling sorted her out.

ColickyBaby Thu 08-Nov-12 14:25:48

Thanks everyone for your supportive messages and tips.

Thanks for the feedback on slings - I did indeed use them with my colicky babies so I will certainly look to feature some on the site.

BTW - I am always on the look out for contributors to the site as I grow it and will also look to add some kind of forum functionality.

Please feel free to message me if you would like to contribute your experiences in anyway.

Thanks x

ColickyBaby Thu 08-Nov-12 14:30:54

Oh and by the way our colic-focused FB group can be found at www.facebook.com/colickybabies would be great to see you there!

ColicStudyChiro Sun 18-Nov-12 16:08:59

Subject: Mum's with colicky babies - please read

We are just about to commence a clinical study comparing 2 treatments for infantile colic. In order to complete the design, we would like to know what reduction in crying time would make a meaningful difference to mums (and dads) with colicky babies.
The study is being run through Southampton University's Medical School as part of a PhD project.

We have set up a short 4 question multiple choice survey - which will take around 2 minutes to complete. It's completely anonymous.

If you have a colicky baby, we would really appreciate your help. Please follow the link below. Your answers will support the research and hopefully help parents with colicky babies in the future.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ColicCryReduction

Thanks
The CHiropractic for Infantile Colic (CHIC) team.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now