Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

Wordpress frustration - format, tagging, posting...all going wrong!

(7 Posts)
CollectorOfCookbooks Thu 04-Oct-12 13:31:57

I'm finding Wordpress so frustrating - I can't tag, have problems with alignment, posting is hard work and takes ages - I thought the problems had been sorted! Anyone else having similar issues? I go in and sort it, but then it doesn't save the changes.

It's so frustrating, it's making my blog look horrid! See? www.applepiewithwensleydale.wordpress.com

Any advice?

2under2blog Thu 04-Oct-12 13:40:04

I'm finding it okay myself, but then I haven't done the recommended upgrade yet. I think I'll wait just in case there are problems to be ironed out.

Have you upgraded? I just checked your post and it looks good to me.

Also, do you prepare your posts in another program? Your apostrophes look like they've been brought in from a formatted program. If so, you could try taking it through a format-free program such as Notepad then entering it into Wordpress.

Have just checked that I'm spelling 'program' correctly and now it doesn't even look like a word anymore.

p.s. Mark Foster. Phwwrrrrrgh.

CollectorOfCookbooks Thu 04-Oct-12 18:13:46

Thanks for checking it for me - it just looks wrong, but maybe that's me! I'll try using notepad first. I normally write in word and then copy it over, purely because I find it easier, but will try that.

Not upgraded either, for the same reasons as you - but am starting to think I need to just to get over these hurdles!

PS he really is hot, isn't he?!

jemjabella Wed 10-Oct-12 12:40:29

Sorry, off-topic from OP, but... you should upgrade as soon as your dashboard advises you to do so, as not doing so can be a security risk (if security fixes have been implemented in that version). Issues will have been ironed out prior to release; WordPress is the most-used CMS worldwide, you're not going to be left cleaning up after a broken upgrade.

rainbowbrite1980 Wed 17-Oct-12 11:55:57

I am having diffiulty getting to grips with wordpress too. My blog looks all wrong to me, I am going to take some time today to try to get to grips with the site properly.

www.makingourmemories.wordpress.com

choochy Wed 17-Oct-12 18:18:48

You might already have done this, but my lifesaver was one of those 'bookazines'. If you go to a large newsagents, like WHS and go to computer section there's one all about Wordpress - about a tenner, but it's been my bible and worth every penny!
Good luck!
Choochy at www.stumblinginflats.com

ZombTEE Thu 18-Oct-12 10:21:52

I'm going to disagree with Jem here. I never upgrade the first time I'm told to because there are always updates to the upgrade within a week because of security issues.

Also, if you're using WordPress.com, I thought you didn't control your upgrades but WordPress did it for you? I don't know as I own my own domain and use Wordpress.org.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now