PLEASE NOTE: All Mumsnetters and Mumsnet Bloggers are welcome to post in this Talk topic but this isn't the place for promoting blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. If you do that here, we may well delete your posts. If you'd like to join the Mumsnet Bloggers Network please do apply: we'd love to look at your blog!

BlogFest here we come! The thread for intros, questions, wibbling and chit-chat...

(96 Posts)
KateMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 02-Oct-12 13:53:50

Hello all

Tickets are selling out fast, so we thought it was time for a sticky thread dedicated to anything and everything BlogFest... This is the place for introductions, questions, excitedness, nerves, wardrobe crises and meetings-up.

Do grab an "I'm attending Blogfest" badge to let other bloggers know you'll be there.

Join StitchThis' blogalong here and send out live updates from BlogFest. <Gets out pukka pad>

JaxB has done a lovely linky over here - so scribble a quick intro post on your blog, zip over to hers, and add it in. Don't forget to upload a pic so that others can recognise you - as jax says, it's all a bit less nerve-wracking if you've got a mental image of who your fellow BlogFesters are going to be <considers updating Twitter profile to something which actually looks like me>.

You can also pop over to Facebook and join our event page.

We've got a lovely FAQ page over here, but if you're puzzled or uncertain about anything, let us know on this thread and we'll try to answer as quickly as we can.

GetLippie Sun 04-Nov-12 21:35:34

I'm so excited, have been invited to take part in the "Blog Beautiful" session! So now I'm SUPERWORRIED about my outfit. I hope people will come and say hello though, I'm hella nervous!

MmeLindor Germany Mon 05-Nov-12 14:52:50

I have just realised that the blogfest is next weekend. EEK.

BIWI Cote D'Ivoire Mon 05-Nov-12 16:29:18

Eek indeed! I'm just glad I know/will recognise some people there, otherwise I would be feeling very nervous.

MmeLindor Germany Mon 05-Nov-12 16:40:48

Me too, BIWI. And kicking myself for not getting back to Bootcamp.

pebbles77 Tue 06-Nov-12 00:33:38

I have a question - so when I filled in my form I put my real life name - will we be given name badges and if so will we be able to put our mumsnet/blogging names on it - i.e. so we can really say hi to people we "know"???

Stitchthis Tue 06-Nov-12 07:00:48

Got my train ticket!

DillyTante Tue 06-Nov-12 21:24:50

Hey stitchthis. What time are we getting in, and are we still <ahem> you know...

Choochy, I'm a bumpkin too - do you think people will be able to tell?

If any Essex bloggers are travelling up on the fenchurch street line, do get in touch. Wibble. if you like, I mean.

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 07-Nov-12 11:17:20

Hi - if you're unable to attend BlogFest there is an opportunity to "hang out" with Caitlin Moran or Tanya Byron - more details here

Stitchthis Thu 08-Nov-12 22:01:28

Calling those of you who want to join in the Blogalong!!!!!!!!!!! Can you let me know please?! Thanks

borninastorm Fri 09-Nov-12 01:31:55

I haven't been on here in ages cos I've been in hospital very poorly with a pneumonia infection, I'm just starting to feel a bit better thanks to antibiotics. So I'm praying I'll be ok for Blogfest on sat.
I spent some of the boring time in hospital planning my outfit, so I need to be able to come. And I got business/blog cards made up, so I need to be able to come.
Mantra for tomorrow - must get better for blogfest, must get better for Blogfest.
Hoping to meet you all on Saturday. I'll be the one repeatedly and very annoyingly coughing in to a hanky in the very well thought out outfit!

MmeLindor Germany Fri 09-Nov-12 07:53:52

Borninastorm
Hope you are feeling ok tomorrow. What a worry for you.

I'm packing.

Well, I'm sitting on a bed full of clean washing tweeting and MNetting but its almost packing.

grin

DillyTante Fri 09-Nov-12 09:19:40

Borninastorm - hope you are feeling well enough. Blog cards! Why didn't I think of that?

pebbles77 Fri 09-Nov-12 09:25:37

Borninastorm - I'm so sorry to hear you've been ill. Fingers and toes crossed that we get to meet tomorrow

BCBG Fri 09-Nov-12 12:58:38

Think I am going to have to duck out sad, haven't updated blog since october agasagas.wordpress.com as too busy trying to run a house full, complete my Creative writing MA, get the novel into shape and I have to be back in the sticks by 6pm which would mean leaving at 3'ish and missing the wonderful Caitlin Moran sad. Fed up tbh

BCBG Fri 09-Nov-12 13:05:17

Can't decide. sad Gah! What is wrong with me...

pebbles77 Fri 09-Nov-12 13:17:52

Even if you do have to leave by 3 I still think it'll be worth it as it starts at 9.30. You'll only sit the whole day tomorrow regretting it. Please come x

knackeredmutha Fri 09-Nov-12 13:35:12

Just planning tomorrow's early road trip, picking up two other bloggers on the way...whoop! Now, what to wear...

BCBG Fri 09-Nov-12 13:41:37

I am also excruciatingly shy which is not good for a MNer or a blogger, methinks smile

Does anyone else know no one else who is going? Will there be a corner for people like me?

I don't know anyone and I too am shy. Five hours, can I hide in the corner too?

Bcbg, where are you doing your MA? I did it at goldsmiths.
Come tomorrow and we can talk about it (stern)

pebbles77 Fri 09-Nov-12 14:15:26

I'm also very very nervous and feeling a little self conscious. I'm hoping and praying that once i've got Pebbles on my name badge people might come and say hello - I promise to say hello to everyone that's on their own and looking nervous smile

Hooray pebbles! I will see you there, nervously

borninastorm Fri 09-Nov-12 14:31:05

I'm coming to Blogfest!!!!
Been to the doc this morning and she says as the antibiotics are doing their job I can come along.
Woo hoo.
But I will apologise in advance for coughing all day.
Not sure what my badge will say either borninastorm (my mumsnet name) or mumtoteens (my blog name). Or will it say my real name?
If you see me ask me for a blog card - they have a lovely sweary pic on them just to make you all smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now