PLEASE NOTE: All Mumsnetters and Mumsnet Bloggers are welcome to post in this Talk topic but this isn't the place for promoting blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. If you do that here, we may well delete your posts. If you'd like to join the Mumsnet Bloggers Network please do apply: we'd love to look at your blog!

Is anyone else having problems with Wordpress?

(18 Posts)
CollectorOfCookbooks Fri 28-Sep-12 10:31:09

Just posted and couldn't upload an image, couldn't tag my post, had problems saving it.

Doesn't matter for one or two, but is there something going on I don't know about? Is it time for their twice yearly template update or something?

MmeLindor Fri 28-Sep-12 10:36:20

I have been having issues recently, but not sure if it is my PC or them.

Clearing history and cookies seems to help.

CollectorOfCookbooks Fri 28-Sep-12 10:38:17

Yes, I remember you saying that on Twitter the other day Mme. Hmm, will try that, thanks!

MmeLindor Fri 28-Sep-12 12:30:42

How did it go?

My spacing is odd. And I can't change it.

CollectorOfCookbooks Fri 28-Sep-12 17:24:12

Had a bit of a play but nothing seems to have changed. I have more time tomorrow, will give it a go then and let you know how I get on.

bessie26 Fri 28-Sep-12 19:58:07

hmmm.. haven't had any problems posting or tagging, but the iPad version of my site doesn't look like it did yesterday...

Tee2072 Fri 28-Sep-12 20:05:25

Mine seems fine.

MmeLindor Fri 28-Sep-12 20:45:13

I have had issues when I have a photo in the middle of the post.

If I add it as I go along, it removed paragraphs from the remainder of the post. ie. after the photo.

If I write the whole post then add paragraphs, it is fine.

notcitrus Fri 28-Sep-12 21:32:49

I keep having problems where I write a post, hit publish, and either nothing happens or it claims to publish but hasn't. Almost ready to give up!

GolfOscarLimaDelta Fri 28-Sep-12 22:08:52

I have problems with spacing and also making new posts. It only works when I do one via the drop down menu. If I press new post via the blog or off the dashboard it won't publish it.

nochipsthanks Sat 29-Sep-12 07:57:28

Hi all- I am also having problems, and not sure if it is me (I am a newbie) or Wordpress. Yesterday it seemed to flip the date order of my posts, so that the newest post is on top, but then the others were more or less the oldest ones or top (but still jumbled). So we have Sep 28th, then August 2nd then August 1 then August 22 then August 19, like that. I keep trying to see if it is something I have don. Has anyone experienced that? I am most confused!

Tee2072 Sat 29-Sep-12 09:51:37

What version of WP are y'all using? I haven't updated yet to 3.4.2.

You also might want to try posting on their forums. Support Forums

bessie26 Sat 29-Sep-12 13:21:10

I'm just using the website.

Funnily enough I remember I did have some problems with spaces the other day - I couldn't do a space as I went along (so had to type "tue25sept"), but could go back and add spaces later...

Tee2072 Sat 29-Sep-12 17:03:33

Oh are you all on Wordpress.com?

I have one Wordpress.com site but it also is fine.

MmeLindor Sat 29-Sep-12 18:05:42

I am self-hosted on WP.org

Tee2072 Sat 29-Sep-12 18:21:19

Oh right, MmeL, of course you are.

What version are you on?

MmeLindor Sat 29-Sep-12 19:49:36

WordPress 3.4.2.

Think that is the newest version.

I had someone check it this week, and there doesn't seem to be any issues with the installation.

Tee2072 Sat 29-Sep-12 20:45:41

It may be the whole upgrade. I'd check the forums to see if there are other reports of the issue.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now