Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

product testing/ PR Bloging - How/where Do I go

(7 Posts)
janglitz Sat 01-Sep-12 23:44:29

Hi I'm a newbie blogger how and were is the best place to join to review and test products-I have reviewed places/products personally,but would like to do more. I have joined Blog Match..But only had one response so far any more..Please advise

IME you have to establish a blog first. This will take 6-18 months of regular posts but if you join blog match, tots 100 and join wikio, sooner or later you will get approached by PRs'. Make sure you have your PR details on your blog. In the meantime you can start by doing the odd review post about things you already own, or you have bought yourself.

JoanneMallon Sun 09-Sep-12 10:25:24

Hi Janglitz - I wouldn't expect too much from Blog Match, their offers are notoriously poor. It sounded like a good service when it started but it just hasn't delivered. There is also a group on Brit Mums called something like Working With Brands which highlights review opportunities.

I agree with the advice to work on your blog first and foremost - get it to the point where it's getting at least 100 hits/day, and build up your Twitter followers to at least 1000. If you have a popular Facebook blog page then that's great too. If a PR is going to place a product for review with you then they will want to see that it's going to be worth it from their point of view. I didn't do any reviews at all on my blog for the first 3 years - now I get many more offers than I can handle and turn much more down than I choose to review.

Create a page with info for PRs so that anyone who wants you to review can get in touch easily. this is my page, to give you an example.

Tee2072 Sun 09-Sep-12 20:58:49

Seriously, you are not going to get PR stuff for months and months.

Just enjoy blogging. Very few bloggers make money off of it or even get PR ops.

janglitz Mon 01-Oct-12 17:47:12

Thank you so much for all your advice I have really been enjoying blogging and have done a little PR thanks for all the support and help xxx
The main thing for me is to blog because I enjoy it and any PR stuff that comes along will just enhance and increase my blogging experience xxx

KnockKnockPenny Mon 01-Oct-12 20:58:27

I have been sent tea samples, cookery books, food and have had 1 paid review. Most of them approached me though to be honest, so I dont really have any advice!

MmeLindor Mon 01-Oct-12 23:11:44

I am bemused, tbh. I have had NULL ZERO not a single PR approach me. Nothing. I wonder if I am too political, or don't blog enough about products.

Not that I want to do loads of reviews but I have a reasonably popular blog and have had zilch.

On the other hand, I have had loads of other stuff come my way, from blogging, which has been far more lucrative.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now