Pepperrabbit has a GIRL!!!! (even tho the hospital was on fire)

(12 Posts)
pepperrabbit Tue 21-Oct-08 18:48:19

Jessica Rose was born 10.45am Friday 17th and she weighed an impressive 7lb 15 1/2 ozs, which is really 8lb in anyone else's world... smallest baby we've produced!
I was having contractions on and off from 1am, but as I've only ever been induced I wasn't really sure if thye were proper ones. Then suddenly at 4.45ish they got really close together 3 - 5 minutes or so. I woke upDH as gently as possible - he still ran round like a headless chicken shouting "get in the car, get in the car" Perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned the "delivering in the car birth thread" the other day! Got to hosp 6am, fully dilated by 8.30am and thenover 2 hours of pushing as she was back to back in the end, synto drip to make contractions more effective, and she came out looking the wrong way ("ouch" should cover that bit).
Our absolute surprise at having a girl was laughable, handily we'd forgotten to take the car seat so DH came home to fetch it and picked up the Baby Name book as well smile.
Equally helpfully Frimley Park was on fire by Friday afternoon so all we could hear were sirens and alarms and helicopters all afternoon! They were apparently minutes away from evacuating us, and in fact closed the whole hospital to anything other than emergencies. Luckily DH got back before they closed the hospital but my Mum couldn't get in to see us.
I came over faint and they realised I was bleeding inside but clotting not passing it so had another drip for 4 hours to sort that out and some "manipulation" to get the clots out, then some stitches (takes all the fun out of an afternoon in a fire drama)
Came home late on Sat & slowly recovering.
She is absolutely gorgeous of course!
I'll just leave you with the thought, that DH was so desperate to get me to the hospital in case he had to deliver her on the way hmm that he marched into Central Delivery with the bags - "Mr Pepperrabbit here, we rang, my wife's having a baby!!" and I heard the midwife say "and where exactly have you left your wife?" because I'd got stuck at the door having a contraction and couldn't get in.......

MrsMattie Tue 21-Oct-08 18:49:45

lol

Bless you both! Lovely birth story. Congratulations x

littlelapin Tue 21-Oct-08 18:53:15

grin

Brilliant birth story! And congratulations on the arrival of Jessica Rabbit!

nappyzonehasastroppytoddler Tue 21-Oct-08 18:53:58

lmao! Congratulations smile

Great story pepper.

<smugly points out lapin's unoriginality.>

lauraloola Tue 21-Oct-08 20:01:42

Congratulations, great name and great story smile

jenwa Wed 22-Oct-08 10:13:17

Wow, all exciting then!
Glad all ok now and you back home.
Congrats to you all.

bozza Wed 22-Oct-08 10:28:02

Fantastic news pepperrabbit. So pleased for you. Stick a few pics on facebook, please. smile

loulou33 Wed 22-Oct-08 14:54:38

Great story pepperrabbit and hope you're recovering ok

bateeha24 Wed 22-Oct-08 16:32:05

congratulations to you and your dh and a warm welcome to Jessica rose fab story

ronshar Wed 22-Oct-08 22:57:05

Brillant news. Well done on the safe arrival of little Jessica.
Thank goodness your DH got you to hospital, not sure he could cope with a back seat deliverysmile

LackaDAISYcal Fri 24-Oct-08 22:11:40

what a lovely birth story and welcome to Jessica smile

Sorry you had a few problems though

lol at your DH leaving you at the door smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now