Telling my mother I'm pregnant

(14 Posts)
wattstar Fri 16-Sep-16 17:34:45

Just wanting opinions.... Planning on telling everyone including my mum I'm pregnant with my 2nd baby by sending out pregnancy announcement cards in the post. Is this to impersonal... Or should I be telling certain people face to face xxx thanks all

Tiggeryoubastard Fri 16-Sep-16 17:36:29

Is this some new thing? Just tell or ring who is important. Let word get round.
Cards? Seriously?

ALemonyPea Fri 16-Sep-16 17:37:20

Tell them face to face. I've never heard of anyone sending out pregnancy announcement cards.

ImperialBlether Fri 16-Sep-16 17:37:50

Do you not like your mum?

FrogTime Fri 16-Sep-16 17:38:49

I personally would do it face to face, particularly with parents who might see it as being a little distant.

The cards do sound like a lovely alternative to Facebook though!

Congratulations flowers

AmeliaJack Fri 16-Sep-16 17:38:55

Call your Mum and your MIL or go and see them. For goodness sake don't send them a card.

Pregnancy announcement cards? That's... er unusual. Why do you need to announce it. Tell your families, your best friends and it will work its way round.

wattstar Fri 16-Sep-16 17:42:37

Thanks all, of course I like my mum !! I don't think it's that much of a new thing, I've received a few in the past from family and friends and thought it was a nice alternative to Facebook announcement for those closer to us. But your probably right and telling mum and mil first. I realise now that the fact I was writing this meant I was doubting myself! X

AmeliaJack Fri 16-Sep-16 17:45:12

Good decision Watt.

I didn't announce of FB either. I just called immediate family, our three best friends and told my boss.

The grapevine (and my disappearing waistline) did the rest.

ConvincingLiar Sun 23-Oct-16 20:46:55

I think cards are weird and unnecessary. I'd be hurt if my daughter told me that way. Face to face unless geography makes it impossible.

UnicornPee Sat 29-Oct-16 14:47:12

I think sending cards is a bit big headed.
Just tell people face to face: over the phone or social media

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 29-Oct-16 14:49:45

Cards?!

Just tell her face to face so she can give you a hug!

rachelamy Tue 01-Nov-16 11:53:29

when i told everyone i was pregnant i waited til after the scan and made cards for everyone with grandma/grdandad/uncle on the front and gave them the card to open while we were there. it's a nice idea but maybe abit too impersonal if you send in the post

SleepFreeZone Tue 01-Nov-16 11:58:51

You send birth announcement surely? Never had a pregnancy announcement 🤔

I chose not to announce on social media but instead told my mum who told family and told friends and acquaintances when I saw them and I was showing.

molly1201 Sat 12-Nov-16 22:26:01

Maybe go round and see you mum with the announcement card as she can keep that forever but it's also face to face

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now