Paul Mckenna can make you thin! Has anyone tried this and succeeded????

(13 Posts)
izzybiz Tue 01-Sep-09 11:15:42

I've seen the TV show a couple of times, so bought the book and motivational CD, have read it through, and it all seems so simple!

Has anyone tried this? Did it work?

TIA.

izzybiz Tue 01-Sep-09 16:00:49

No one??

msrisotto Tue 01-Sep-09 16:03:01

I did this a couple of years ago and it did help me to eat less. I have lost the touch now though so i think i will re read it!

gingernutlover Tue 01-Sep-09 16:54:26

i have tried it

and all the time yoiu keep focussed it works yes.

What I like about it is that if i genuinely want chips or sausage rolls, i eat them. But i find that over a week or so i eat a pretty balanced range of foods.

I personally find it hard to keep the momentum going. This plan does take will power, and perseverence. It's all about thinking about food differently and making yourself in control of the situation.

I am goign to give it another go as i have to lose 2 stone and i cannt stand the though of doing weight watchers or cambridge ever again. They just feel too much like punishments.

gingernutlover Tue 01-Sep-09 16:54:26

i have tried it

and all the time yoiu keep focussed it works yes.

What I like about it is that if i genuinely want chips or sausage rolls, i eat them. But i find that over a week or so i eat a pretty balanced range of foods.

I personally find it hard to keep the momentum going. This plan does take will power, and perseverence. It's all about thinking about food differently and making yourself in control of the situation.

I am goign to give it another go as i have to lose 2 stone and i cannt stand the though of doing weight watchers or cambridge ever again. They just feel too much like punishments.

izzybiz Tue 01-Sep-09 21:28:01

Thanks for your replies, guess its worth giving it a go then, I find that I hate having to count anything, and I guess it is more about changing your whole attitude to food rather than cutting things out.

gingernutlover Wed 02-Sep-09 08:26:06

last night i was speaking to a sister of my friend. She did this (by a different hypnotist who models himself on Paul)

She lost 2 stone over a summer just by following the rules. She said the best thing was that it freed her from thinking too much about food.

I am having honey on toast and a glass of milk for breakfast, roll on sticking to it!

When are you starting?

izzybiz Wed 02-Sep-09 16:42:20

I'm going to try and start next week once Dd is back at school and we are back in normal routine. Then I will be able to listen to the CD while Ds is having his nap!
Want to try and talk Dh into buying an exercise bike too, figured I can cycle whilst watching Stenders!!
Maybe we should start a Paul Mckenna support thread!!

bibbitybobbityhat Wed 02-Sep-09 16:47:41

There have been one or two threads about this and I believe quite a few mumsnetters have had success.

Joolsiam Wed 02-Sep-09 16:49:45

I kind of started this a while ago and there was a support thread grin

Life kind of got in the way and I stopped doing it so religiously, but it WAS working - all the really simple stuff about eating slower and taking time to enjoy your food made a huge difference to me and I did start losing weight quicker, and felt so much better not having to calorie count, or worry so much about what I was eating - it really lifted a weight and stopped me obsessing about food.

I listened to the CD again last week - it put me into a really really deep trance this time and I felt fab when I came out of it and really didn't want to eat much after that.

Would definitely be up for a support thread - and next time he runs a session, I'll be there, even if it costs ££££££

HerBeatitude Wed 02-Sep-09 16:52:46

I am doing this atm. I did it a couple of years ago and got the hang of "eat what you like when you like" but couldn't quite grasp the "stop when you're full" bit. However, even though I persistently continued to over-eat a bit, I still got slimmer.

I am doing it again with the 90 day diary which really makes you focus on it, rather than tailing off and I have definitely noticed a difference. I don't weigh myself, I don't care what I weigh, it's what I look like that counts, but I have noticed that clothes have got a bit looser. And also I do eat much more slowly than I did and have found that I am full up with much less than I used to be - so this time round I appear to be getting the hang of recognising when I'm full and stopping. Have just been away for a few days and got force fed cake and wine the whole time so stopped doing it but now I'm back home I've slipped back into doing it and it feels far more natural - I felt a bit off colour after a few days of being away, because of over eating and drinking!

So to sum up, I'd recommend the 90 day diary as it just keeps you focussed on it so that it becomes a habit rather than an effort. I realise that this is the way I used to eat, in my teens and twenties and it's just returning to that way of eating as being normal.

Tommy Mon 07-Sep-09 10:58:47

I have got this and want to start todaysmile

I bought the book a few weeks ago and started but, like others, I can understand the concept but have problems with my tummy telling my brain that it is full blush

MrsBarbaraKingstanding Mon 07-Sep-09 11:07:16

I have tried it and it can work.

I found it hard to make the time to listen to the Cd everyday though.

I did read the book which was really helpful. I really like the idea and concept of working on changing our warped attitueds to food and bad eating habits rather than focusing on what you eat and dieting. And then miraculously by dong this you loose wieght!

All the stuff about tuning inot your bodies signals and that we've lost the abilty to recogonise when you really are hungry nd noticing when you are full etc, I think is a really helathy way to approach food. Enjoy it but don't abuse it.

The aversion exercise you can do to put you off ever eating a certain food agaian, also works. I did thid with those Marks and Spencer bisciouts you get with a coffee (rolled up falky pastry) I loved those, and even typing thit now I actually feel I want to vomit. I can't even look at them!! Spo beware[gin].

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now