Is there room for one more?

(5 Posts)
Blaise19 Thu 16-May-13 15:35:01

Hi everyone,

I would love to join you, as I'm not good with slimming clubs (ridiculous job means I can never get to meetings); I like 'doing my own thing' rather than following someone elses rules!

Having said that, I am finding following the basic rules of the Patrick Holford low GI way of eating quite helpful.

I have two stone to lose, and particularly want to get my waist measurement down to a 'safe' statistic.

For me, losing weight is not about appearance, it's about health. I have fibromyalgia and work full-time and have several animals, so time is of the essence!

Anyway, hello smile

Blaise19 Fri 17-May-13 07:44:15

Is that a no then?

Blaise19 Fri 17-May-13 21:09:16

Ah well. Perhaps what they say about mums net is true, which is a shame....

GiraffesEatPineapples Sat 18-May-13 16:58:16

Hi Blaise19

Sorry you didn't get a response, Mumsnet is usually very supportive, esp the bigslim threads - it prob just got missed. I would say on this topic you need to put the name of the way of eating you are following in the heading then people who are also following it will take a look and post a message. Generally on Big Slim people just look for the diet they are interested in and say hello to the newbies to their diet?

I found Holford's books interesting btw seems pretty healthy and probably a good choice smile There is a thread on the web called something like Bad science where they think he is all about selling supplements though.

Rulesgirl Sat 18-May-13 17:08:09

Well your certainly not going to get any responses saying things like that Blaise19 smile. I do Paul McKenna which is brilliant cause you eat whatever you want when you want it but the trick is to eat when your only hungry and stop as soon as your full. No forbidden foods, not counting cals, no this, no that. Yay!!! There are a group of us on "Happy New Year Happy Paul McKenna". This thread has been going for about 2 years and your very welcome to join us or have a look round.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now