Weight loss stalled - please help!

(11 Posts)
KoalaTopper Sat 11-May-13 18:46:42

This is my first post and I thought this would be a good place to ask as i have seen a lot of good advice on here! Hope you don't mind me asking.

I have recently lost about 1stone going from 11st to 10st, recently my weight loss has stalled and I have put on 1lb this week, despite eating no more than usual.
Typical day is 2 wheetabix with a banana for breakfast, soup for lunch and home cooked dinner such as cottage pie, spaghetti boglanaise ect..

I exercise 6 times a week doing 4 days running at least 5k and 2 DVD workouts a week.

Despite this I am still not losing weight, can anyone see where I might be going wrong?

Thank you smile

fatuglybitch Sat 11-May-13 20:33:01

Who knows? I am the same, run every day this week and stuck to my healthy foods and calories, it will shift, we just need to keep going, there's no way that lb can be fat, maybe water? Had anything particularly salty? Don't give up, you will prob lose 3 lbs next week.

KoalaTopper Sat 11-May-13 22:51:12

Nothing I can think of - yes we have to persevere but so disheartening when the scales don't match the effort sad

PoppyWearer Sat 11-May-13 22:56:49

I have most success on days when I switch things around and have the main meal at lunch and soup for dinner.

I guess you have time to burn off the lunch and the soup doesn't "sit".

Can you try that?

toomuchtoask Sun 12-May-13 15:44:32

See what happens next week. Could just be water retention. Keep at it.

KoalaTopper Sun 12-May-13 21:37:12

Poppywearer - that sounds like an idea, I will try it!

Thank you all !

CooEeeEldridge Wed 15-May-13 09:17:08

I agree with having biggest meal in the day, I try and do this mon-thurs then be 'normal' at weekend, have you tried increasing your running distance? Could you try some gym classes too? Weight classes keep you burning calories for longer after your workout.

gingerpinz Wed 15-May-13 09:34:30

Obviously I don't know the quantities you are eating but if they are normal to small portions and you are not having bread or anything with your soup and no snacks I would say you are maybe not actually eating enough, considering the amount of exercise you are doing.

Have you calculated your TDEE?

amothersplaceisinthewrong Wed 15-May-13 09:39:13

This happened to me last year - I decided I had to lose two and a half stone and it took me eight months, but I got there. I had weeks and weeks where I lost nothing at all despite counting my calories very carefully, and keeping the excercise up and other weeks where I lost 2 or 3 lb. . I just persisted and assumed the slow weight loss could be something to do with my age (52) and hormones etc! Anyway I got there and have kept the weight off so far (for five months). Just keep up, you will get therE.

KoalaTopper Wed 15-May-13 15:24:46

Just calculated my TDEE which was 2268 so yes you are probably right, i think I'm eating around 1800 calories a day at the moment. I am doing a 5 to 10k training plan at the moment so building up the length and speeds of my runs but i probably could benefit from a weight class maybe to build muscle? Thanks!

Reastie Thu 16-May-13 18:21:49

My initial thought was how often have you been running and are you doing the same workout dvds every week? I find my body gets used to certain exercises and I have to mix it up and challenge myself to really get the weight loss or it stays the same. Maybe try different things in your jog - different speeds/hills to normal to get out of your jogging comfort zone and try a new workout dvd? If it helps I'm currently doing the x traing fit dvd after stalling with wl myself. I'm really noticing a difference (and I'm not doing it as often as it suggests). It's very no frills and basic but gives noticeable improvements. This 80 minute circuit burnout dvd is a killer but really good grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now