Threads in this topic will auto-delete after 90 days.

C25K - Still a struggle?

(6 Posts)

I started running before C25k was invented. I was <9st and had been going to the gym for a year or so. I found running terribly hard to start with, it took many weeks to build up the stamina. I signed up for Race for Life and was determined to run it all, I can remember struggling to do even 4k on the treadmill and feeling like I was going to die and I'd been running for a few months by then!

Now, I'm more than 10 years older, about the same weight, can run 10k non-stop with ease and I STILL find 3-4k the moment when I most want to stop!

Don't give up, take as long as you need but you CAN do this.

NomadicSneer Thu 09-May-13 12:19:26

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

It does take a while to get your breathing sorted. Could you be trying to go a bit quick?

you're using different muscles, it's a different type of exercise

i find running relatively easy, my body is used to it, but the shred KILLS me

as HSS says, no harm in repeating a week or two

HeySoulSister Tue 07-May-13 14:53:24

you can work on your breathing,it takes practice

also,no harm at staying at week 2/3 a little longer before moving on. I completed c25k ages ago and run with a club now,but dd wanted to do c25k,so i'm doing it with her and finding it hard!!!

Lickitysplit Tue 07-May-13 14:50:41

I started the C25K recently, I have just finished week 3. I am still finding it really really hard, I get out of breath so easy. I did the shred before starting the C25K so had built up some fitness, I can't understand why I am finding it so difficult. Any ideas?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now