do you need/want to lose 10kg? Please join me

(8 Posts)

My ankle is OK, nothing drastic. I'm just being very careful not to make it worse!
I have found a 'gluten intolerance' very handy in restaurants when trying to find out if there are hidden carbs (flour in sauces etc).
You can definitely run without carbs! The first couple of weeks you feel like your legs have fallen asleep but your body soon gets used to it. smile

Mitchy1nge Fri 26-Apr-13 18:26:10

oh dear, what have you done to your ankle? hope is not too painful

yes am off 'white food', although my running friend is a huge fan and insists it is important to eat some I am hardly running marathons so think I can safely (if not always easily) avoid the pasta for now grin

maybe will look for the current low carb thread, socially it is a bit inconvenient and I might have to invent a gluten intolerance or something

Have you thought about reducing carbs? Or just changing to brown carbs? High fibre is the way to go if you're doing a low fat diet - makes a big difference! And gallons of water help with any diet.

A kilo a week is a bit much to ask every week esp when you only have 10 to lose! I've lost 1kg over a 3 weeks, but I haven't been dieting for the last 3 days, a mixture of being pissed off about a sore ankle and feeling very vommy and knackered as it that time of the month. ( nearly puked in a bin in the street earlier blush)
So I'm not expecting much of a loss this week!

Mitchy1nge Fri 26-Apr-13 16:09:20

I use the body composition thing too, although it measures my height differently every time grrrr

Mitchy1nge Fri 26-Apr-13 16:07:21

I'm increasing the amount of veg and reducing the cheese in my diet, keeping track with myfitnesspal but also upping the exercise a bit (running mainly, already have good gym habits) - first kg already off this week but is too much to hope for every week?

I have a bit less than that to lose, around 8 kg of fat. I am trying to gain around 3 kg of muscle too. So over all I want to be about 5 kg lighter than I am now but a damn sight thinner! At my gym we have a body composition analysis machine that measures these things. And I am doing a lot of training.
What diet are you doing? I am low carving with biwi et al. It a lovely diet - such yummy food and you don't feel hungry.

Mitchy1nge Fri 26-Apr-13 15:45:08

although I always forget I am on these sorts of threads

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now