Not losing, advice?

(8 Posts)
rusmum Fri 26-Apr-13 07:26:47

Week 4 of new diet/ weight loss and lost ..... Sod all! No inches or lbs! Doing shred daily? Couch to 5 k 3x week and mfp . What's going on? Been pretty good had about 3 over days on mfp, missed 3 exercise days die to being ill! What else can I do?

Rockchick1984 Fri 26-Apr-13 10:32:30

I never lose weight when I'm ill, could that have affected it if its been working every other week? How many calories have you eaten in total over the week?

awaywego1 Fri 26-Apr-13 10:54:36

Thats rubbish-stick with it tho!
Are you eating enough? Mfp pros (not me) often suggest eating at tdee minus 20% rather than the somewhat low calories mfp gives-also eating back exercise cals.
Also drinking lots of water helps I think and eating lower sugar and carbs and higher protein.

I tend to lose very slowly and in chucks-so once a month I might lose 2 pounds rather than every week.

I'm awaywego1 on mfp if you want some support-tho my diary is fairly poor!

Beechview Fri 26-Apr-13 11:35:44

What are you eating typically?
I find that I only lose weight if, as well as sticking to calories, lower your carbs and up your protein and veg.
I'll lose weight on 1200 cals of mostly protein and veg and some carbs but won't lose if I'm eating 1200 cals of mostly bread and pasta.

rusmum Fri 26-Apr-13 11:38:02

Thanks that may be it! Will try to be more careful how I use my calories

D0oinMeCleanin Fri 26-Apr-13 11:38:09

Are you drinking lots of water? Apparently your body cannot use fat as energy if it is not properly hydrated. No clue why confused

And yy to less carbs.

rusmum Fri 26-Apr-13 12:01:14

No sadsad to the water more brew lol

freerangeeggs Sun 28-Apr-13 16:21:43

Calculate your daily calorie intake and average it out over a week. Is there a deficit?

The role of exercise in weight loss has been somewhat overplayed (apparently), as lots of people eat more as a result of exercising. Make sure you're not doing that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now