INSANITY - has anyone tried it?

(7 Posts)
rusmum Fri 26-Apr-13 14:02:30

I did it last year for 2-3 weeks, it is tough!! But works! Can see your shape changing

sweetheart Fri 26-Apr-13 12:05:55

I'm on my 3rd week of Insanity and a bit bored with it to be honest. I thought it was going to be really intense but I don't find that at all. the workouts so far are actually really short - although the DVD's are 40mins to begin with there is a 10 min warm up and 10 min stretch so you are really only pushing for 20 mins.

I'm hoping the 2nd month is going to be much harder to get me the results I am hoping for. Haven't seen much improvement so far.....

lumpybumpylooloo Fri 19-Apr-13 19:28:48

Just read that back and realised that I didn't explain that very well!! It's a different DVD each day of the week apart from one day when you will repeat one of them. So you will only do each of the DVDs about 5 times over the course of the 60 day programme. Plus there's a Cardio Balance DVD that you do every day of your recovery week in between Month 1 and Month 2. Good luck with it!! smile

lumpybumpylooloo Fri 19-Apr-13 19:15:47

There are 10 DVDs in total- 5 for Month 1 and 5 for Month 2. You do it 6 days per week so you only repeat one DVD each week so it is quite varied which keeps it interesting. Most of the Month 1 DVDs are around 40 minutes long but the Month 2 ones are around an hour.

LonelyLinda Fri 19-Apr-13 19:06:53

Oh wow, that sounds great, I think it will be the best thing for me. your weight and inches loss sounds fantastic.

Is it a different dvd each day? If it is that sounds great as some can get quite boring doing the same every day.

lumpybumpylooloo Fri 19-Apr-13 18:49:53

I've just completed week 3 of Insanity. It is very tough going but I've been shocked by how quickly my fitness levels have improved and I'm actually finding it manageable now!! The first day I did it I could hardly get through one part of the warm up without stopping but now I can pretty much keep up with the people on the DVD throughout the entire workout.

On day 15 I repeated my fitness test, weighed myself and took my measurements and photos. I had lost 3lbs (have been sticking to 1200 calories a day as well), lost 1.5 inches off my hips and 0.5 inches off my waist. There was a big difference in my photos- stomach and legs are definitely firmer. And as I said, my fitness levels have definitely improved.

I would recommend it, although I am hoping for even more weight loss and toning by the end of the 60 days.

LonelyLinda Fri 19-Apr-13 09:23:58

Have only just heard about this and from what I can gather it is hardcore cardio.

I think this is the answer to getting rid of the extra stone on my middle.

Just wondered if anyone can advise, give any tips really. I realise that I need cardio, I can't run and also I need something that I can do at home whether the children are there or not (as in I can't get out of the house for walking etc. all of the time).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now