100lb challenge

(210 Posts)
Whale2Waif Wed 17-Apr-13 09:28:02

Oh yes, that's right. I need to lose 100lbs.

I'm doing this mainly to give myself a big kick and if it's on here I will update and hopefully keep my motivation.

So does anyone else need to lose a scary amount of weight and would like to join me? I've sorted my gym membership and downloaded mfp (but not sure if I'll be sticking with it).

I can't believe it has come to this blush angry.

chirpchirp Wed 24-Jul-13 23:41:28

Keeping checking to see if anyone's come back yet. Hope you are still doing good. I'm over on the 5:2 thread now having started the programme a couple of weeks ago. Feel free to give me a shout

chirpchirp Thu 18-Jul-13 23:45:59

It's gone quiet on here again. How is everyone getting on?

chirpchirp Mon 08-Jul-13 14:03:34

Hey Twirl,
I'm still here. Have had a horrendous couple of weeks including toddlers with chicken pox, husband working all hours so not been hitting many classes and a lovely (but calorific) camping trip. Had convinced myself I had undone all my good work comfort eating whilst trapped inside with plague ridden child however just jumped on the scales and have mainted and am still at 15.8. Was pretty shocked but pleasantly surprised. Had prepared myself for being back over 16 so result!

Have taken up another new hobby that I am totally addicted to; geocaching, it does mean that any spare time I have is spent out walking up hills searching for treasure so that's got to be a good thing!
Check out geocaching.com .

Twirlbitesruinedmylife Sun 07-Jul-13 20:14:38

No loss this week
Thread seems to have gone quiet ... Is anyone still following?

Twirlbitesruinedmylife Sun 30-Jun-13 09:15:25

Lost a pound this week.

Hope everyone else doing ok

Twirlbitesruinedmylife Sun 23-Jun-13 10:27:05

Well done Megsdaughter

I've had a very bad week; put on 3 pounds

Ho hum

Megsdaughter Thu 20-Jun-13 08:03:14

After a snotty cold thus week all I wanted was comfort food and no exercise, so was dreading getting on the scales this morning

I had lost half a pound!

Back eating properly now

MatureUniStudent Thu 20-Jun-13 07:53:48

In that next stone bracket at last! Been terrible, crisps, wine and dips so I was very stern with myself and bought the 5:2 cook book. It's basically as you said Zola veg, veg and a smattering of meat grin

So I am grim faced with determination!

How is everyone else doing?

chirpchirp Sun 16-Jun-13 22:36:04

Thanks Twirl, glad it's still coming off.

Walk in the morning and body pump in the evening tomorrow. Tried something at my local gym called the hangover class this morning and sweated buckets! Most aerobics with a bit of toning thrown in at the end. Definitely going back to that!

Good luck this week everyone. Aiming for 2lbs but secretly hoping for 3!

Twirlbitesruinedmylife Sun 16-Jun-13 15:35:29

Well done chirp, wish I was enjoying it too.

Still lost a pound at my weigh in so things aren't all bad

Good luck everyone over the next 7 days

chirpchirp Fri 14-Jun-13 09:49:15

Good going Qazxc, Meg and Twirl. Hope things are still moving in the right direction.

Good news for me today; 4lbs off! Which not only brings me up to 20lb all together (so a quarter of the way to my goal) but also means I now weight less than I did when I fell pregnant. Yep it only took me two and half years to shift the baby/sitting on my arse eating during maternity leave weight! I've also gone down a dress size.

The best bit is, I'm enjoying it. I like all the exercise classes that I'm doing (body pump is a new fave) . I'm like all the meals, I don't even care that I'm not taking alcohol very often now. Finally feeling focussed and it's great. The sunshine is definitely helping!

Hope you all have a good weekend.

Twirlbitesruinedmylife Sun 09-Jun-13 10:32:01

Well done qazxc, zola and meg on your less this week.
Hope you are feeling okay qazxc.

Weighed in today and have lost a pound!

qazxc Thu 06-Jun-13 21:16:58

well done meg.
I went for a long walk today (10km+) and managed to get massive sunburn.
Also went for a spin class. I'm going to suffer tomorrow. grin

Megsdaughter Thu 06-Jun-13 18:17:27

Have been dancing everyday for half an hour, just at home, loaded my ipod with fast music and dance around the kitchen grin must be working as I dropped 3.5lbs this week!

So have now lost 53.5lbs. smile

qazxc Tue 04-Jun-13 19:03:56

I have lost a pound. The weight is coming off slowly but at least the scales are moving in the right direction. I started at 16.12.13 and now am 16.7.7, so hope next week to under 16 and a half stone. After that my goal is to have lost half a stone.
The weather was so nice I ended up going for a walk with DP instead of spinning. Best enjoy this weather while it lasts.

chirpchirp Tue 04-Jun-13 10:59:34

Good luck qazxc. Don't sweat it. Slip ups happen. Due to the lovely weather I ended up attending two BBQ's over the weekend so I'm in the same boat. Hope you enjoy Spin.

I went to weigh in this morning but the scales were broken (nothing to do with me, honest!). So hoping they're fixed by Friday so I can find out where I'm at.

I signed up with the local authority gym for a class pass. £40 a month and I can do as many classes as I want. I find I work harder in a class than just being left to my own devices in the gym. Went to body pump last night which I actually quite enjoyed. It does mean that I won't be going to kettlebell any more (shame) as none of the council gyms have a class (real pity). I've also started getting off the train a station early and walking an extra couple of miles to work in the morning and have been enjoying little lunch time walk too just to get out in the sunshine.

Yoga tonight, I do enjoy a good stretch! Hope you all had a nice weekend.

qazxc Tue 04-Jun-13 08:34:26

Today is weigh in day and i am dreading it a bit. There have been a couple of nights out and as it was a bank holiday weekend here (ireland), I wasn't able to do as many classes as i usually do. So today i am hoping i haven't put anything on rather than lost. Off to spin tonight, it's an intermediate class so should really make me sweat off those calories.

Megsdaughter Sun 02-Jun-13 16:42:21

Im slowing down a bit, only a pound this week.

(but have been off work and although I have stuck to my MFP allowance probably haven't been as active.

ZolaBuddleia Sun 02-Jun-13 16:08:07

Also Twirl, you've lost loads so far, so don't be discouraged. Provided the overall trajectory is a sustainable downwards one, that's what matters.

qazxc Sun 02-Jun-13 15:54:08

Twirl put it behind you and start anew, it's a long road for all of us and there are bound to be stumbling blocks and uphill battles , the important thing is to keep on course and not get discouraged (wich i realise is easier said than done). Two months is loads of time to make a difference.

Zola Well done!

I have joined tribesports website and am attempting a couple of the easier challenges.

ZolaBuddleia Sun 02-Jun-13 11:20:03

Morning all. Lost 4lbs this week, which takes my weight loss to 7lb in 4 weeks. Have eaten no breakfast cereal this week, just porridge with soya milk, or fruit.

Twirlbitesruinedmylife Sun 02-Jun-13 08:33:15

Well done qazxc and good luck on Tues chirp.

Had a bad week, got my period so didn't feel like the gym and had a really horrible disciplinary to deal with so reached for my old friend Cadburys.

End result have put on three pounds. Hopefully next week will be better. I'm off on holiday in two months and would really like to have lost a stone.

qazxc Fri 31-May-13 21:37:28

Good luck on your weigh in chirp.
Have had a few slips but nothing major. Have also had my hair cut and eyebrows, tache and beard waxed. Do you think it will make a difference?wink
A slimming world leaflet has landed through the door. Has anyone gone? Is it any good? Or a waste of money? maybe the public weighing would keep me on the straight and narrow foodwise.

chirpchirp Fri 31-May-13 16:15:32

Hi everyone. It's been a bit quiet on here!

Sadly my train was delayed this morning so I didn't have a chance to nip to boots and weigh myself. I will check in on Tuesday, don't feel like I've done very much this week but hey ho. Heading out for a walk/run tonight and then trying my best to behave at a BBQ tomorrow followed by a tea party on Sunday! I will have to have the will power of a saint! Hope you are all doing well.

wackojacko22 Thu 30-May-13 02:36:14

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now