100lb challenge

(210 Posts)
Whale2Waif Wed 17-Apr-13 09:28:02

Oh yes, that's right. I need to lose 100lbs.

I'm doing this mainly to give myself a big kick and if it's on here I will update and hopefully keep my motivation.

So does anyone else need to lose a scary amount of weight and would like to join me? I've sorted my gym membership and downloaded mfp (but not sure if I'll be sticking with it).

I can't believe it has come to this blush angry.

ZolaBuddleia Sun 05-May-13 10:53:54

Weighed in this morning, a day early because I felt I needed motivation. Have lost 3lb in my first week/6 days. 57 to go!

chirpchirp Mon 06-May-13 10:42:59

Well done Zola - hope that keeps your motivation up!

I'm really back on it and focused today. Last week DS was ill all week and I probably wasn't as strict with myself as I should have been. Also had a three big events over the weekend and although I wasn't drinking I probably indulged a little more than I have been doing in previous weeks.

Will weigh in on Friday and see what the damage is!

Tonight is kettle bell and I've managed to rope in a couple of poor unsuspecting friends to join me.

I've also started to declutter my house a little bit which always seems to have an influence over the other choices I make re food and drink. It's very strange!

Hope everyone is doing well and despite any wobbles is still going for it.

Whale2Waif Mon 06-May-13 12:39:59

Hello everyone, sorry I vanished. RL getting in the way.

Weigh in this morning says 14lbs gone since november 82lbs to go!

chirpchirp Mon 06-May-13 13:54:20

Hi W2W Good to have you back. Well done on your loss so far.

SoleSource Mon 06-May-13 20:33:46

I'l joining soon

Have 250lb to lose

100lb first!

chirpchirp Mon 06-May-13 20:58:10

Hi solesource glad of the extra members!

Have you got a plan in mind? I think most of us are heading down the old fashioned eating less and moving more route. Be proud of yourself for making the decision to make a change.

I'm just back from kettle bell. It's horrible challenging, but you can totally feel every inch of fat getting a little less wobbly with every squat!

SoleSource Mon 06-May-13 21:00:27

I want to low carb. I will start in next twi weeks. Not joining a club yet, may do SW. I learn't the most from that plan.

lardybum Tue 07-May-13 14:01:21

Hello to all the newbies to the thread, and loads of luck with your journey with us!

Well, I am back to being ok now. Keep getting random odd pains in my stomach, but seems ok today so I am going to go on a jog tonight. Ain't got long to go till the Race for Life so I REALLY need to get back on it.

Also got the 30 day shred, which I may do every other day (alternating with the jogging) and see if I see any improvements on that.

So, no exercise for 11 days now, and I had a naughty BBQ at the weekend but didn't over indulge. Dreading weigh in this week still!!

Not sure whether to be frightened or pleasantly surprised with the kettle bell you have mentioned chirp wink

SoleSource Tue 07-May-13 14:29:07

Hi all

Hopefully hiring a Lifestyle Fitness treadmill for home use. Guy coming for a site check at my home.

Really excited

Can burn pounds at home

Yipeeee

cq Tue 07-May-13 15:02:17

Hey, can I join you all? I have been kick started by the brilliant thread about lightbulb moments and that motivated me to get on the scales. I am 205 lbs and disgusted with myself.

Like the idea on here of just eating less & moving around more, I think that will fit in with my family and life better.

So, today's the day. Porridge for breakfast, egg salad for lunch, 5 mile dog walk.

Am going to find out about a local boot camp but can't start till next week as doing the Moonwalk (half) on Saturday and I don't want any aching muscles for that!

lardybum Tue 07-May-13 20:42:17

That sounds fab Sole!

Welcome cq, and good luck for Saturday!

I just got back from my jog, and I surprised myself with how well I did! I WILL finish this Race for Life god damn it!

ZolaBuddleia Wed 08-May-13 09:05:49

How's everyone doing? OP, that's brill! Well done!

[brief diversion - Sole, did you move to the house by the cemetery in the end?]

SoleSource Wed 08-May-13 10:45:35

Hi Zola.smile

No, the tennants decided to stay put. Fuckin time wasters!!!

ZolaBuddleia Wed 08-May-13 10:53:01

Pah. Well, they'll be first in line during the zombie apocalypse.

You ladies who've lost loads, any tips for keeping motivation up? I've lost weight before and at 6 weeks have always drifted off course.

SoleSource Wed 08-May-13 10:59:22

grin Zola

I think they are too picky, bastards.

chirpchirp Fri 10-May-13 14:23:21

Glad you're feeling better lardy - Frightened is the appropriate response to kettle bell - I really can't stress just how awful it is but I used an online calorie calculator to work out how much a burnt at the class and it estimated 900 calories in a 45 minute class! Worth the fear and pain I reckon!

Hi cq Good luck with the Moonwalk. I did it the year before last, it's really tough but for such a good cause. I'm sure you'll manage the half no bother - I remember feeling deeply jealous of thoes people when the road forked and I knew I had another 13 miles ahead of me!

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Oh and I did weigh in today and I'm still not under 16 stone and am therefore sulking whilst I cry into unsweetned porridge! I seriously think all I need to do is look at a packet of crisps and I gain a pound! I'm putting it down to being on my period and retaining water hmm

Gravity class tonight, tomorrow morning and then a nice long walk Sunday before Star Trek smile

chirpchirp Fri 10-May-13 16:35:09

In other news I'm utterly delighted that the glutons at my work have finally finished the malteaser slice/white chocolate fudge that someone brought into. Me and my will of steal managed to abstain but it was tough! Heathy dinner purchased and a booze free weekend awaits!

ZolaBuddleia Fri 10-May-13 17:00:58

Oh god, I've just eaten a pack of liquorice allsorts. Shite. In a blind, gob stuffing blur, even the weird blue medicinal ones.

chirpchirp Sun 12-May-13 09:53:38

Ahhh these things happen zola. Write it off and don't look back (but seriously, liquorice allsorts? Bleurgh!) smile.

WarmAndFuzzy Sun 12-May-13 14:52:54

Can I join too?

I think 100 lbs should just about do it, day one is today at 148 lbs and I'm going to be doing 1200 cals/day and lots of walking and Wii Fit. Exercise classes and slimming clubs are mostly out of the question as I have a very demanding full time job, two primary age children, and a DH that stays in the office until 10 most nights (I like to think dedicated more than workaholic) - and I'm not giving up the nights I go out with my friends for anything grin

My first goal is two stone in three months. Happy to obsess with anyone on here doing something similar!

jchocchip Sun 12-May-13 16:49:19

Can I join? I'm doing mfp and c25k with a bit of swimming and cycling. Weight loss a bit stalled, really want get below 18 stone 250 lbs and would like to lose another stone this year...

jchocchip Sun 12-May-13 16:53:18

What is your goal weight warm and fuzzy ? You will be dead at 48lb!

chirpchirp Sun 12-May-13 22:14:49

Hi warmandfuzzy and jchocchip hope you've had a good weekend.

Have been fairly well behaved this weekend - two exercises classes, no booze and healthy dinners. Weigh in Tuesday so hopefully it will be reflected on the scales. Jeans are definitely feeling a bit looser so fingers crossed.

qazxc Sun 12-May-13 22:41:23

Can I join? I don't know how much i weigh, and am to scared to get on scales. I'd estimate about seven stone to lose. Me and DP are TTC, so am hoping getting healthy (or at least healthier) will help.
Have been using mapmyrun website to map out some 5k walk and plan to do one a day. Maybe some aquarobics. to ease me into exercise.
Don't feel i'm ready to weigh myself yet. I'm afraid that if i know how bad it is, I'll just dive back on the sofa with a tub of ben and jerry's.

chirpchirp Mon 13-May-13 10:47:03

Welcome qazxc, Walking 5k a day will definiltely make a difference. Good luck with your loss. We're all in the same boat so don't feel too indimited by the scales just take your time. I find that weighing myself twice a week at Boots is helping as you get a little slip printed off I have a little pile of them each time showing my weight and BMI going down. It's really quite motivating.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now