100lb challenge

(210 Posts)
Whale2Waif Wed 17-Apr-13 09:28:02

Oh yes, that's right. I need to lose 100lbs.

I'm doing this mainly to give myself a big kick and if it's on here I will update and hopefully keep my motivation.

So does anyone else need to lose a scary amount of weight and would like to join me? I've sorted my gym membership and downloaded mfp (but not sure if I'll be sticking with it).

I can't believe it has come to this blush angry.

Jayne266 Tue 23-Apr-13 21:51:59

Can I join? I need to lose over 100lb and am lost and need guidance. An so unhappy with my weight its affecting every part of my life. Congrats on the successful weight loss so far.

lardybum Tue 23-Apr-13 22:50:11

I also am aiming for 1200 calories a day.

Welcome Jayne. What is your plan to lose weight? I'm sure you will be with us glaring on our weight loss in no time smile

And yes, I agree. Fat camp sounds amazing!

I measured myself before, and within a month, I have lost 2 inches from around my bust, an inch off my waist, an inch off my thighs and half an inch from my hips/bum. Not lost any on my arms though, but I haven't really been doing any exercises for my arms, so that'll be changing from now on. Just done a load of reps with the weights in different ways too, so hopefully worked every muscle in my upper armsgrin

Rather chuffed with the loss though within a month! Yay!

chirpchirp Tue 23-Apr-13 23:44:47

Welcome jayne the more the merrier.

Well done lardy that's brilliant. Are you weighing yourself too or just measurements? After two gravity classes, one kettle bell class and two weeks of healthy eating I can really see a difference in my arms so if that's a problem area maybe see if there are any classes in your area.

Jayne266 Wed 24-Apr-13 06:56:48

Am not sure I have tried so many diets am trying to see which ones are working best for a larger weight loss goal.

D0oinMeCleanin Wed 24-Apr-13 07:39:38

Fat camp exercise is based on something called HIIT (High intensity interval training) basically he gives me an exercise and I have to put 110% into until I think I am going to die, for 30 seconds, then I get 30 seconds rest before doing something else. He normally does horrible high intensity cardio (star jumps, sprinting or boxing etc) following by a recovery followed by a strength exercise then rest then cardio. Normally each 'round' has 6 sets of different exercises and you repeat each round two - three times before getting a couple of minutes to establish whether you are actually dying before starting again. I do this twice a week, but he also gives us 'homework' based on the same structure, normally 10 minutes x 2 a day. Plus I am adding longer dog walks and 30 day shred on the days I don't train with him.

His diet is lower in carb but not the point of atkins or paleo. I'll normally have one carby meal a day, so for example on Saturday I had a protein shake for breakfast, homemade made burger in a bun with roasted parsnips and sweet potato and homemade coleslaw for lunch (the bun being my 'carb' for the day) and a three egg mushroom omlette for supper with a nutty snack bar for my snack (I love 9 bars and nak'd pecan pie bars). Or I might have porridge, peanut butter and banana for breakfast, crab salad for lunch and chicken breast with veg (no potato) for dinner.

22lbs is amazing but I am still struggling to believe it. I had been thinking my clothes were getting looser but it just seems like too much to me, either way what he's doing is working so I am ecstatically pleased.

Well done to everyone on their weightloss. I think I have it a bit easier atm with having the trainer/nutritionist giving me so much support.

ZolaBuddleia Wed 24-Apr-13 07:45:16

Hello! Can I join please? I have 60lb to lose.

lardybum Wed 24-Apr-13 09:31:56

Thank you chirp. Yes, I am weighing myself every Friday morning (lost 10lbs in last month) and doing the measurements on the 22nd of each month but I forgot this month so was a day late lol. I will definitely look into it, but I have 2 kids with chicken pox at the moment so will be a couple of weeks before I can start sad

Jayne, I have heard loads of great stories about the low carbing and 5:2 diet, but I am finding it easy on weight watchers. I have found some meals which I really love, and I bulk them up with veg. Good luck with choosing, once you have done that, you are well on your way!

D0oing, it does sound awesome. My muscles hurt just thinking about it haha! I think I would actually die!

Welcome Zola. What is your plan of action?

ZolaBuddleia Wed 24-Apr-13 15:24:10

The plan is to reduce carbs, have improved a lot over the past few weeks in terms of chocolate bingeing. I've done WW in the past with great results, but it doesn't suit me long term.

Exercise-wise, I'm going to buy some decent trainers and get out walking. Too heavy for running, each step makes me feel my shins are splitting. I'm a pretty good swimmer, so planning to get in the pool (and hope Greenpeace don't put a cordon round me).

ZolaBuddleia Wed 24-Apr-13 15:24:39

I should say 60lb is an estimate, too afeared to get on the scales.

D0oinMeCleanin Thu 25-Apr-13 08:19:55

DH has weighed himself on some special NHS scales at his work and has confirmed that they say the same as the scales we use for fat camp, so they must be right shock

He and both of my sister's who are also dieting are now demanding to know exactly what I have been eating and how much exercise I have been doing grin

My youngest sister who lives away is joking that when she comes home for two weeks next month she is staying with me, instead of our parents and will eat what I do when I do and exercise with me and copy my day exactly.

lardybum Thu 25-Apr-13 11:47:49

Sounds like a good plan for you then Zola.

Well done D0oin, bet you're well chuffed grin. I might just have to join your sister on that one wink

I did 27km on the bike yesterday, and also did the c25k week2run3 last night along with the weights exercises for my arms, and I threw in 30 sit ups too, so feeling a bit achy today but I ain't going to let it stop me!

Keep up the good work everyone! I have 2 months to go till Race for Life so I have no room for slacking. Eeek!

chirpchirp Thu 25-Apr-13 14:49:35

Hope you'll be charging her D0oing wink

Well done lardy. Is race for life 5 or 10 K ?

I don't work wed/thurs and these are usually the days I wreck my diet as I eat when I'm on my own in the house. Yesterday took DS swimming then soft play and then onto the zoo. Today I'm going to be around the house a bit more but have resisted temptation so far! 5k walk/run tonight and weighing in tomorrow morning. Really keeping fingers crossed for another 2lbs as that will take me to under 16 stone.

Keep up the good work everyone

lardybum Thu 25-Apr-13 19:58:07

It is 5k, going to hopefully go for the 10k next year.

It is official now, just signed up. Eeek. I have till the 29th June to train as much as possible and raise as much as I can. Nervous doesn't even cover it grin

Good luck chirp on tonights run!

BallerinaZeena Thu 25-Apr-13 20:26:26

Are you cycling on the road lardy? I find bikes in the gym really easy but proper cycling mega tough!

Speaking of mega tough, how are your alcohol intakes? I'm doing weight watchers so steering clear of wine during the week but really missing it!! Especially on gorgeous evenings like this!

chirpchirp Thu 25-Apr-13 20:48:52

Good luck lardy I did the Moonwalk two years ago and it was definitely one of the hardest things I've ever done.

zeena I've completely cut it out for now amd not missing it at all although haven't really been tested so far. I've had two nights out and have had to drive on both of them anyway so haven't been open to temptation! When my best friends gets home from Spain for the summer will be the real test on that front!!

lardybum Fri 26-Apr-13 08:20:51

Ballerina, I am doing it on an exercise bike. I don't own a bike currently but I do recall finding it much harder.

Thank you chirp, going to need all the luck I can get grin

So, today is my weigh in day. I have lost another 2lbs again so 66 more to go. Can't believe I am weighing in the 100's now, very happy about that!

chirpchirp Fri 26-Apr-13 09:02:02

Morning! Weigh in this morning - another 2lbs off smile Now 224 and a total loss of 11lbs in a little under three weeks. The fact that I'm wearing a pair of work trousers today that I haven't been able to get into since before Christmas is also cause for celebration!

Congratulations lardy! 100s is brilliant. Can't wait to get to there myself and that is definitely my next target.

Going out for our anniversary tonight. No booze, main course only, probably fish (I love fish) and no dessert. then home for a childfree night with DH smile

Have a great weekend. Next weight in for me is Tuesday.

D0oinMeCleanin Fri 26-Apr-13 09:25:03

Well done Chirp and Lardy and good luck on Race For Life, do you have a sponsorship page? DH wants to do The Great North Run next year for his nephew, so you'll have to give us some training tips grin

I'm out tonight for my birthday and plan on drinking dangerous amounts of Vodka, so must find some way to burn it all off on Saturday and Sunday. Apparently the PT has some ideas and will be messaging me [wibble]

I own a mountain bike, he knows this, he also knows I live near a mountain that pretends to be a hill [scared]

lardybum Fri 26-Apr-13 16:32:58

I do on Just Giving, set it up last night. Yikes! Lol.

I am useless when it comes to running, but I know the best tip of all is to make sure you buy good running shoes. Also I am following the couch to 5k podcast which trains you within 9 weeks, and there is also a 10k app which I will be following once I have completed this one.

Thank you chirp, I am officially 199lbs so only just into the 100's lol.

Sounds like you are both set for a lovely evening, enjoy :D

I have done my half an hour on the bike, and the sit ups and weights and so on. Just my jog after dinner to do and then it is home, hot bath, and wine in that order wink

Have a good weekend everyone!

ZolaBuddleia Mon 29-Apr-13 12:45:57

Eek. Braved the scales this morning and I need to lose 60lb. Have started a thread about trainers, do any of you ladies have any suggestions for good trainers for walking? Tried on some Brooks and didn't find them comfortable.

chirpchirp Mon 29-Apr-13 13:46:10

Well done Zola - now you know what you're aiming for. Sorry can't help you on the trainers front. I just go for whatever I like the look of, is comfortable and on sale in Sports Direct (at the moment a pair of Puma IDcell if that means anything to anyone).

I started the weekend with such good intentions - behaved at my anniversary meal - no booze lots of fish. Then Saturday spent the afternoon with our neighbours whilst all of our kids played in the sunshine and that kind of carried on into the evening - finally getting home at 2am!. I was still good on the food front but definitely had one too many rums. Then because of that felt horrible and hung over yesterday and just wanted to eat all day. Managed to be somewhat restrained but certainly not looking forward to tomorrows weigh in with as much glee as previously. Going to beast it at Kettle hell bell tonight to see if I can undo any of the damage. Will be happy if I've maintained at this one. Hope you've all been better behaved this weekend than me!

lardybum Wed 01-May-13 22:03:02

No idea on the trainers I am afraid.

Well done on restraining yourself chirp!

Well, I turned ill out the blue and nearly needed rushing to hospital. Got chronic gastritis and also a stomach ulcer which was suspected to of burst but thankfully, the strong meds I was given got my stomach back under control. Still in quite a bit of discomfort, but nothing anywhere near as horrible as I was in Monday morning. Lost appetite of course, but my stomach is so swollen, I feel like I have ate a whole horse! No exercise either, and been told I am not allowed for a short while until my stomach heals and settles, so I shall be relying on healthy eating and healthy eating only for the next week or so.

Good luck everyone! Keep up the good work!

MatureUniStudent Fri 03-May-13 21:03:24

Hello, I have lost 28 lbs so far (since Sept 2012) and have (gulp) 59 lbs to go. And then I can reassess if I want to lose the last stone.

Its so hard, when you decide to lose weight, that it takes so long. But I am speeding up the process by cutting out all alcohol and I don't eat breakfast. I have a ready meal of around 450 calories and cook a healthy Slimming World inspired dinner.

I have used my web cam to take photos each few weeks, and kept a diary about how I feel. I am also measuring my under bust, waist and hips and recording those.

I have lost 4.5" on my waist and a few from my hips. Looking back at what I was to what I am really helps as it is easy to say "sod it" and reach for the chocolate or crisps! What's really surprised me is that I seem to have more energy (the DC have commented on it) and am down on my thyroxine medication.

So I am keeping myself going, tea when I feel hungry between meals with a lot of determination - According to Boden (my reward too) I have 13" to go on my waist before I am the size I want to be.

ZolaBuddleia Sat 04-May-13 09:05:06

Good on yer! 28lb is great! My weigh in is Monday, feel like the week has gone ok, but yes, it's SO SLOW!

MatureUniStudent Sat 04-May-13 10:27:17

Am using Slim Be in the mornings when I am starving. They seem to really help take hunger pangs away. I keep visualising September when I should be 3 Stone lighter confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now