100lb challenge

(210 Posts)
Whale2Waif Wed 17-Apr-13 09:28:02

Oh yes, that's right. I need to lose 100lbs.

I'm doing this mainly to give myself a big kick and if it's on here I will update and hopefully keep my motivation.

So does anyone else need to lose a scary amount of weight and would like to join me? I've sorted my gym membership and downloaded mfp (but not sure if I'll be sticking with it).

I can't believe it has come to this blush angry.

BallerinaZeena Thu 18-Apr-13 20:14:36

The Nike running app is supposed to be good smile

Whale2Waif Thu 18-Apr-13 20:20:35

Oh dear that was meant to be walking, maybe waddling was right!

D0oinMeCleanin Thu 18-Apr-13 20:26:20

Endomondo.

It's free and tracks, time, route, average speed, calories and other stuff.

HeySoulSister Thu 18-Apr-13 20:57:09

dooin what is fat camp? sounds similiar to a bootcamp i go to

D0oinMeCleanin Thu 18-Apr-13 22:35:54

It's personal training sessions. We're getting free one on one support for three months from a local trainer as part of a family weightloss/fitness challenge.

It's run by my old bootcamp teacher, though, and the exercises are very similar but because there is only me there he can tell when I am taking too many sips of water when I should be doing burpees grin

BallerinaZeena Fri 19-Apr-13 00:02:53

Sorry Whale should have said what DoIn did - doesn't matter if you use the app for walking or running. That's just the name of the app!

chirpchirp Fri 19-Apr-13 10:50:55

Friday morning weighing - another 2lbs off - now 228. Just realised that half a stone in two weeks!

DH was working late last night so didn't manage to get to a class but did do some sort of attempt of exercise around the house. Had a joiner in finishing off the bathroom so didn't feel confident enough to put on my shred DVD and give it yaldy but I was still moving!

Going to check out a "gravity" class tonight. Looks tough but fun.

Next weigh in is Tuesday (to stop me going daft over the weekend!).

Hope you all have a good weekend.

Whale2Waif Fri 19-Apr-13 11:19:24

Well done chirp. Never thought of weighing before and after weekend, might give that a go.

Let us know how your gravity class goes, never heard of them and I'm intrigued.

HeySoulSister Fri 19-Apr-13 11:35:03

Ha ha dooin

My bootcamp instructer can be like that! They don't miss a trick, sounds fab

I don't mind the burpees too much, it's the squats and lunges that kill me!

chirpchirp Fri 19-Apr-13 12:18:33

Will do Whaletowaif. I never used to but found myself sitting down on a Friday night thinking "it's fine! I'll have another glass of rum - I've got a whole week to burn it off". Weighing Tues and Fri has made me much more disciplined and focused.

lardybum Sun 21-Apr-13 13:34:10

Been mega busy so not had time to come on.

I weighed Friday and I am another 2lb down, so 68 to go. I am surprised I even lost last week as I ended up having a naughty take away one night as I was out all day and didn't get in till stupid o'clock. I also have injured my foot, so only managed one run so I am glad I still had a loss. Back on it hard this week to make up for slacking!

Keep up the good work everyone! Fat camp sounds really good!

D0oinMeCleanin Mon 22-Apr-13 07:56:32

How was everyone's weekend?

Mines not been too bad, I've been working split shifts so exercise has not been great, tbh, but I've tried to do something each day. On Sat I did 15 mins on the cross trainer and Sunday I did 30 Day Shred level 1. Diet has been fair, I think.

I'm going swimming today and cleaning the yard, which is always hard work. I need to be really careful this week because I am going out for my birthday on Friday and quite fancy having a 'night off' and ordering what I like.

It's weigh in time at fat camp tomorrow.

sparkle12mar08 Mon 22-Apr-13 08:08:10

For those unhappy with MFP - have a good poke around within the settings bits. At it's basic ones it's unsuitable for most people, but it's advantage is that it's emminently customisable. You can set calories goals and also macro goals - MFP's protein settings are too low even for an anorexic mouse frankly! It's well worth spending half an hour or so setting it up properly for your own individual needs rather than accepting it's defaults. On food, I have mine custom set to 1400 (net) calories, 105g protein, and 105g carbs, the rest coming from fat. On exercise integration I have mine set to lightly active but with no other built in exercises, that way I can choose to eat back all, a proportion, or none of the extra cals depending on how I feel, what my aims are, and how I've done across the week.

chirpchirp Mon 22-Apr-13 08:59:08

Thanks for the MFP tips Sparkle. I do use it but not religiously. If find it really handy if we're going out to dinner at a chain restaurant to help me figure out if the salad on the menu that I think is healty really is or if I'd be better off with something else.

Gravity class was brilliant. It's kind of like a pilates machine so you use your own weight (I'm my case that quite substantial!) for a full body work out. Really liked it on Friday and went back again Saturday morning for another shot.

My friend and I are going to check out a kettle bell class tonight, which I'm geniunely a little scared of -If i don't check back in you'll find me in a heap on the gym floor! Already finding that doing a little exercise everyday is spuring me on to do more and I have so much more energy. Feeling good to be back in the right head space to lose this weight.

Hope you all had a good weekend.

PaisleyPashmina Mon 22-Apr-13 17:29:55

Please can I join? I've lived with my rugby playing OH for 4 years and now weigh more than he does blush

100lbs is what I need to lose to get back to a healthy BMI. I've started using MFP to keep on track of my calories and I've just started level one of 30DS. Planning to combine this with an hours swim 3 times a week and 30 min walking the dog up a ridiculously steep hill every night! Does that seem enough exercise?

I like the idea of weighing before/after the weekend as that's when takeaways get far too appealing!

BallerinaZeena Mon 22-Apr-13 19:52:44

Monday evening check in - five pounds lost. First week of proper trying so expect to lose less per week from now on but still pleased with it!

chirpchirp Mon 22-Apr-13 22:40:26

Well done ballerina. That's a great start.

Welcome paisley. That sounds like a good effort on the exercise front.

Well the kettle bells very nearly killed me. 45 minutes of intense craziness but boy does it feel like its doing good. Definitely going back but I'm only going to achieve my goals if I push myself. Nice relaxing bath and an episode of the biggest loser on YouTube to keep spurring me on. Got to start thinking of some (none food related rewards). Thinking massage after I've shifted the first stone.

Weigh in tomorrow, will check back in then.

chirpchirp Tue 23-Apr-13 10:47:43

Morning.

Weigh in this morning and I've managed to loose another 2lbs since Friday grin. Next one on Friday and I've a yoga class, 30DS and a 5k walk/run planned in between now and then. Still being fairly restrictive in my diet but no longer craving sweets like I used.

Hope your all good.

Starting weight 235, current weight 226

D0oinMeCleanin Tue 23-Apr-13 18:06:20

Weigh in at fat camp reckons I have lost 22lb in two weeks confused

Methinks some scales have gone wrong somewhere. I mean, I've been training hard, getting active each day and stickingt to his nutrition plan but 22lbs? That is not possible, surely?

MadCap Tue 23-Apr-13 20:01:31

Evening all. 2.5 off this week at my Tuesday night weigh in. Have been bad as haven't been tracking, but I've been walking loads. Ds has recently started preschool and doesn't do all the same sessions as his sister. It adds 3-4 miles a week smile

lardybum Tue 23-Apr-13 20:34:02

Doing, it is possible especially at the start and depending on your weight. I have watched The Biggest Loser and am shocked at the amount they lose on that a week.

If you have done loads of exercise and really eating healthy, then the scales may be right. Well done grin

BallerinaZeena Tue 23-Apr-13 21:01:58

Well done madcap!

And what's fat camp?! I want to go if you lose 22lbs in two weeks!

PaisleyPashmina Tue 23-Apr-13 21:12:17

Wow well done everyone on their losses! Can I ask how many calories you all aim for?

I would love to see an example of what you eat per day, D0oing

chirpchirp Tue 23-Apr-13 21:31:09

Woah! Well done D0oing! That's spectacular!

What does your boot camp and diet involve? Are you low carbing?

Just off to yoga, really need a good stretch after last night's kettle bell hell!

chirpchirp Tue 23-Apr-13 21:33:49

paisley I'm aiming for 1200 net, using MFP is really helping.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now