Stopping scoffing........who's with me?"

(165 Posts)
BadTemperedLadybird Mon 15-Apr-13 18:08:30

Right, today I'm drawing a line under the ridiculous amount I've been eating and drinking. I've only got about 3 outfits I can fit into and a wardrobe full of clothes that are way to small. I'm going on holiday at the beginning of June and I don't want to spoil my enjoyment by feeling fat and self-conscious.

I'm going to:
1) rejoin MFP - I've already entered todays food.
2) go to zumba tonight and actually put some effort into it rather than taking it easy.
3) make sensible lunches for work rather than spend money on fattening rubbish.
4) stop hovering up my DD's leftovers.

Enough is enough!

Is anyone with me for some moral support??

ChristineDaae Thu 02-May-13 16:35:29

Hi all, great to see everyone doing so well. Last week I had a really crap week, personal, work, AND diet wise, and put on 4 of the lbs I lost hmm
So I had a little word with myself on Sunday, got back on the wagon and have got rid of the 4lb plus a couple extra!
I have 7 weeks till holiday so NO excuses now. Hope the weather is picking up for those of you doing outdoor exercise!!

BadTemperedLadybird Thu 02-May-13 19:07:04

Well done Christine for getting back on the wagon. That's something I find really difficult sometimes. Hope you're having a better week with work and personal stuff.

I'm hoping for a couple of pounds off tomorrow when I weigh in. I feel so much better in myself for having lost a little bit already. I've got 4 weeks til holiday so I'd really like to be under 12 stone by then. I think it's doable if I don't go too crazy over the couple of bank holiday weekends we have coming up this month grin.

To those of you actually doing some consistent exercise.....I salute you!

putyourhatonsweetie Fri 03-May-13 12:35:01

Well done Christine for getting back on the wagon. It usually takes me around 3 months ;) and hope things settle down

Today I have done:
- day 3 of the shred,
- wk 2 /day 3 of c25k
- walked the school run (as opposed to car) and
- a bit of hula hooping.

I would be sooo smug about this but sadly dinner was fish, chips and red wine. Really hoping to have counterbalanced it as was doing SO well! weigh in Monday and would love to see a loss.

putyourhatonsweetie Fri 03-May-13 12:35:42

How did you go ladybird?

BadTemperedLadybird Fri 03-May-13 18:13:45

2 pounds off! Horaay! I've very pleased grin Still got plenty to go mind!

I'm very impressed with your activity levels putyourhaton but I know really fancy fish and chips and red wine!

putyourhatonsweetie Fri 03-May-13 21:24:20

oh well done you grin

ChristineDaae Sat 04-May-13 10:18:03

Yay!!! Weighed in today and have lst half a stone grin I have another stone to lst before my holiday in June (fingers crossed) which will bring me down to under 10st finally, then another half to go after the holiday, then I can allow myself to do some serious wedding dress shopping grin
I'm so impressed with those of you exercising, iv got back into m rut of making any excuse NOT to exercise!
Keep up the good work everyone!!

putyourhatonsweetie Sat 04-May-13 11:22:04

Wow Christine good stuff! Lots of goals.

Not too bad a day for me today, once again have eaten too much, mainly due to not wanting to disclose a diet in front of people because it is boring and I tend to go on In fact that is why I love it on here because it stops me yabbering to mere acquaintances about carbs. But managed to for in wk 3 day 1 c25k and day 4 of the shred.

happy weekend all

putyourhatonsweetie Sun 05-May-13 12:20:59

Hello all, hope you are having a super weekend. No bank holiday here (sigh) but at least we have the weather and Mondays at work are good for the diet. As a very clever girlfriend of mine says - imagine how enormous I would be if I didn't diet for two hours on a Monday morning?! smile

Same day AGAIN for me (stuck record) not bad food, though probably a little too much and

- breakfast - two poached eggs
- lunch big salad with big bacon
- dinner courgette frittata and salad tiny glass of white wine and tiny bit of dark chocolate so inlaws didn't spot the diet

- snacks - figs and dates

C25K week 3 day 2 and shred day 5

somanymiles Mon 06-May-13 04:18:06

Christine fantastic for getting back on the wagon. Sounds like you are doing amazingly well. Lots of motivation.

BadTemperedLadybird great stuff! Hope you are feeling holiday-prepped now.

putyourhatonsweetie It's so not fair that it takes so long to exercise off some yummy food! But you are doing a great job with the exercise.

My weekend was slightly extravagent, but had banked some calories so still on track. Lost another pound last week so over half way to my goal of losing 7 lbs. I think I have figured out that I am very active but tend to overeat, especially chocolate!

worley Mon 06-May-13 17:11:17

hi all.. glad your all still at it smile

well my back is seemigly better so i have veen hard at work in the garden all bh weekend so im hoping ive lost when i weigh tomorrow :/
i did have a few vodka and diet cokes last night and shared a jug of woo woo with a friend... and today i was brought a mcflurry.. but hoping the gardening and good behaviour the rest of the week counterbalances it..

BadTemperedLadybird Mon 06-May-13 20:14:49

Thanks all.

Sounds like we're all staying on track.

Hasn't it been glorious this weekend? I've broken out into my summer clothes, rather than the same 3 outfits I've been wearing on rotation for the past year! I've only got a couple of skirts that fit currently but hopefully I'll get back into the other stuff by the end of the summer.

BadTemperedLadybird Mon 06-May-13 20:15:12

PS I love woo woos Worley

workatemylife Tue 07-May-13 10:32:45

Well done folks!

I have to hang my head in shame blush because although I was doing well last week, the holiday weekend seems to have left me one pound HEAVIER. I think I just took my eye off the ball and allowed one treat to become several, but I didn't think I was being that bad.
Back on the wagon this morning though, with a super healthy lunch brought into work and a speedy cycle here because I was late leaving the house. Huff puff huff puff. I'm really annoyed about the weight gain, but at least I know I CAN lose it, so here goes. But it is depressing to see how easily it goes back on shock

somanymiles Wed 08-May-13 05:05:43

Holiday weekend was lovely - we are in Canada but DH took a day off anyway. BUT we went out to lunch and although I had salad and grilled chicken I followed it up with an enormous apple crumble! So... we'll have to wait and see if I still lose weight this week. Struggling a bit but think I am keeping within my calorie budget. Feeling a bit miserable now and wishing for some choccie but resisting!

workatemylife poor you, but at least it's just one pound!

worley glad your back is better - I have sciatica today, but hopefully can still do my run tomorrow if I neck a few Ibuprofen.

putyourhatonsweetie Wed 08-May-13 09:33:57

Well done losers!

After what I thought was a good week I managed to lose no sodding weight whatsoever....sulk.

Back on the wagon with an emphasis on portion control.

Have a really sore throat and a cold coming so leaving the shred for a couple of days - feel considerably less upbeat about the whole palaver. But will get there I think

BadTemperedLadybird Wed 08-May-13 19:50:50

Worley and putyourhat, don't be disheartened. Keep going former scoffers!!

I was at a home visit for work this afternoon and the family had relatives over from India. They insisted I come to the kitchen after the appointment and gave me lots of different Indian sweets and watched me eat them. It was really lovely of them, so welcoming, but impossible to say "No thanks I'm on a diet"!

somanymiles Thu 09-May-13 00:32:50

Just weighed in and (barely) lost a pound. Only 2 more to go for me! Fortunately DH is ignoring both 5th wedding anniversary and Canadian Mother's Day this week so no more being tempted by meals out. (Silver lining!)

munchkinmaster Sat 11-May-13 08:45:12

Found this thread again - its determined to elude me. Wanted to let you all know I weighed in finally at 10 stone 7. So half a stone down. God knows how I did it as my ankle is still absolutely knackered. Going to try to get to closer to 10 stone by the end of the month and maybe even down to 9 stone by August!!!!!

BadTemperedLadybird Sat 11-May-13 08:52:55

Well done somany and munchkin smile

I'm half a pound down. Bit disappointed it's not more as I've stuck pretty consistently to my calories on MFP. But, it's all going in the right direction! My jeans feel less snug around the crotch area today, you'll be pleased to know I'm sure! Camel toe is never a good look!

BadTemperedLadybird Mon 13-May-13 18:01:32

4 weeks in......who's still with me?

Hope you're all well and feeling fairly on track.

workatemylife Tue 14-May-13 15:22:52

I'm still here ladybird. I totally agree about camel-toe. Not good for the image or indeed comfort grin If clothes feel more comfortable, that has to be a step in the right direction, even if the scales don't want to celebrate with you.
I weighed in this morning, and after the annoyance of gaining weight last week I've managed to lose some this week. I'm a bit stunned as it has been a nightmare week at work and that usually sets me off munching, but so far so good. Another lightbulb moment. A week or so back it was the realisation that work-bought lunches were damaging my waistline and wallet. This week I admit I do tend to pick at food after the meal has finished, which is not a good habit. Last night the kids had left some bits of pizza from dinner, and I would normally have nibbled on both while clearing up. But this time the whole slices went in the fridge, and the half-chewed ones in the bin. If I'm not hungry, I don't need it.
Hope all you other ladies are keeping up with your great achievements.

munchkinmaster Tue 14-May-13 16:51:23

Well done work ate my life. I've fallen off waggon big time today - tommorow is another day......

I'm knackered, builders all over house, cranky baby, work to do at night. Excuses, excuses......

BadTemperedLadybird Wed 15-May-13 18:59:06

Glad to hear you've had a loss this week work. I'm trying to channel a similar attitude to you with my DD's leftovers. I tell myself it's her food, not mine and this seems to help me leave it alone.

munch I hope today has been a better day for you.

BadTemperedLadybird Fri 17-May-13 18:27:13

Weigh in for me today. 3 pounds off!!! Whoop whoop! That takes me to 12 stone and 1/2 a pound. I'm out for drunken fun on Saturday evening so hopefully that won't sabotage my progress too much.

Hope everyone is ok. It's slowing down on here a bit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now