Stopping scoffing........who' s with me?"

(165 Posts)
BadTemperedLadybird Mon 15-Apr-13 18:08:30

Right, today I'm drawing a line under the ridiculous amount I've been eating and drinking. I've only got about 3 outfits I can fit into and a wardrobe full of clothes that are way to small. I'm going on holiday at the beginning of June and I don't want to spoil my enjoyment by feeling fat and self-conscious.

I'm going to:
1) rejoin MFP - I've already entered todays food.
2) go to zumba tonight and actually put some effort into it rather than taking it easy.
3) make sensible lunches for work rather than spend money on fattening rubbish.
4) stop hovering up my DD's leftovers.

Enough is enough!

Is anyone with me for some moral support??

BadTemperedLadybird Sun 28-Apr-13 18:03:21

I just turned down DH's offer to get a Domino's pizza. Would bloody love one but need to get this weight off!!!!

alwayslateforwork Sun 28-Apr-13 18:57:38

Ladybird, you are the mistress of self control. grin

BadTemperedLadybird Sun 28-Apr-13 20:10:31

grin

putyourhatonsweetie Sun 28-Apr-13 22:03:07

meringue.. another one here who lost naff all with just breastfeeding!

ladybird. . great restraint.
weigh in this morning and had lost a measly 300g. total loss now 2.3 kg in 3 weeks. my my goal was to maintain this week so not too dreadful. had been reasonably good whilst away though so cant help but be a touch disappointed.
going to be very good this week as in theory no distractions and start shred Wed.

putyourhatonsweetie Sun 28-Apr-13 22:04:58

sorry for dodgy grammar and paras. on phone and drying hair smile smile

somanymiles Mon 29-Apr-13 01:04:51

I did lose the baby fat slowly while breastfeeding (about half a pound a month). However, I have only just stopped and as soon as I did I put on 7 lbs! Hence now the calorie control.

Yesterday was my first glum day and since I am a comfort eater I did find that the wine and chocolate were a severe temptation. But it's back on the wagon today - a walk around the lake and a very restrained breakfast and lunch!

Have lost 3 lbs so far in almost 2 weeks, so not doing too bad.

Well done all for hanging in there!

putyourhatonsweetie Mon 29-Apr-13 02:18:24

well done somanymiles... i am a comfort starver then binge....attractive! glad you are back on the wagon grin

Bakingnovice Mon 29-Apr-13 10:01:07

Im struggling to get into exercise again. It's so cold here all the time and the lack of summer is making me feel low. My goal this week is to start the shred DVD and some walking.

worley Mon 29-Apr-13 13:08:16

ooh first weigh in and a pound a half off. smile not bad i guess..
have oat cakes and babybel light for lunch.. tryin to avoid bread as i bloat so much afterwards but seem ok with oatcakes smile

Meringue33 Mon 29-Apr-13 16:19:17

Am allowing myself to eat as much as I like of "normal" food but cutting out junk completely. Also doing a one hour walk with pram around the park most mornings - he finds it hard to nap so kills two birds with one stone.

I googled this "Shred" you all speak of and have ordered it from Amazon smile

BadTemperedLadybird Mon 29-Apr-13 19:48:29

Well done Worley. And putyourhaton, you thought you were going to stay the same, so a little loss is still progress in the right direction.

somanymiles Mon 29-Apr-13 22:51:21

Bakingnovice lack of summer is very annoying. However, you will feel loads better after a run or a walk, and warmer too!

worley congratulations on the pound and a half... I am now craving Babybel instead of the low fat cottage cheese on the menu for tonight.

Meringue33 well done for cutting out junk completely. I find the same thing with my DS2 - I need to take him for a walk to get him to nap, so I do get a walk in most days. I have take to walking at great speed to maximise the exercise but it does feel a bit odd to be soothing him off to sleep whilst powering up and down the hills!

Have been battling hunger today. DH says "just have an apple" but 'tis not apples I crave, unfortunately!

putyourhatonsweetie Tue 30-Apr-13 04:12:20

well done worley

workatemylife Tue 30-Apr-13 12:12:27

How are we all doing today? It turns out to be quicker to cycle to work than to take the car, so an added bonus from my walk / cycle commuting resolution. Less positively,we went out for a walk at the weekend which ended with tea and cake, and then yesterday a colleague brought birthday cake into the office and I lost my willpower totally. On the bright side, when I got on the scales today it wasn't as bad news as I had thought. I managed to lose 2 pounds this week, although I wonder if the cake eating might catch up with me by next week. The calories probably hadn't had time to find their way to my bum yet grin

worley Tue 30-Apr-13 13:54:46

well done on cycling to work! saving money on petrol too is an added bonus!!
going well today diet wise smile hope you all are too!

Meringue33 Tue 30-Apr-13 16:29:35

Brilliant Work! I used to cycle to work and it kept me skinny as anything, it's great! smile

workatemylife Tue 30-Apr-13 16:58:28

yes, the petrol savings are an added bonus too!
I'm thinking I might start bribing myself with a 'treat bank'. A little bit might go in from petrol savings, but I reckon that if I put in a box the money that I would have spent on 'treats' like fattening hot drinks, chubby sandwiches, and snacks at work, I can spend this money as a reward on something nice to wear once / if the weight has come off. Its a bit shock thinking about it. Buying two hot drinks, a sandwich, and a cake / choccy bar a day is probably close to a tenner! I wouldn't do that every day, and obviously I'm still paying for lunch (just now I make it at home and bring it with me), but I feel a bit sick thinking about how much it has cost to be lazy, buy stuff at work, and get fat(ter).

BadTemperedLadybird Tue 30-Apr-13 18:01:00

I'm totally with you on that work. When I'm in full scoff mode I can easily spend that on unhealthy lunches and fattening snacks. It's such a ridiculously large amount of money when you look at it in the cold light of day. And all it's done is make ME ridiculously large!! grin

I felt a bit light headed and low blood sugary this afternoon so grabbed a small amount of pinenuts to give myself a protein boost. Just logged that into MFP and nearly fell off the sofa! I knew they were full of fats, but good fats in moderation, but didn't realise they were packed with calories too. So I'm over my calorie limit for today by loads. Very annoying!

Hope everyone else is having a good day.

worley Tue 30-Apr-13 22:41:30

wont be shredding tomorrow sad i hurt my back sunday and cant walk or even take a deep breath without pain.. i was looking forward to it to.
done 12.5 hours at work and had crap for tea but stayed within my calories allowance on mfp at least
its a bit depressing seeing how much i lost and then put on again.. aiming for the line to do a nose dive again asap..

putyourhatonsweetie Wed 01-May-13 09:46:22

well done work.

another one having tomake lunch... i work in a peculiar sort of place. .. has a good bakery thoughwink . sorry to hear about your back worley. am minutes away from shred day one. hence mnetting to put it off

putyourhatonsweetie Wed 01-May-13 12:21:28

done!

somanymiles Thu 02-May-13 05:30:57

Poor worley - I know how you feel because I often get a bad back too. Not much you can do for exercise if you can't even walk!

putyourhatonsweetie - well done!

work I do like the idea of a treat bank!

I am finding that some days I am starving and find it hard to keep within my calorie limit and then others (like today) I end up well within my calorie limit, even if I eat a bit of choccie, and it's all a breeze... not sure why?? Did a good run today plus some walking, so I'm sure that helped!

Bakingnovice Thu 02-May-13 10:23:44

Everyone seems to be doing so well. Worley hope your back is better soon.

Week 3 and I never lose in week 3. I weigh in on sat so I still have a few days for a whoosh but it's frustrating staying the same when I've cut so much out. Hoping for a 2lb loss this week. Still haven't started any exercise! Feeling crap about that.

putyourhatonsweetie Thu 02-May-13 10:36:49

somanymiles I know what you mean about different needs on different days.

Bakingnovice fingers crossed. What exercise do you enjoy? Anything that you can trick yourself in to? My Mum used to tell me to go out dancing and drink only water. sadly these days I would have to get on aeroplane to find a night club! Perhaps not realistic but is there anything else?

Right shred day two....

putyourhatonsweetie Thu 02-May-13 11:09:53

done bastard anterior raises

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now