Stopping scoffing........who' s with me?"

(165 Posts)
BadTemperedLadybird Mon 15-Apr-13 18:08:30

Right, today I'm drawing a line under the ridiculous amount I've been eating and drinking. I've only got about 3 outfits I can fit into and a wardrobe full of clothes that are way to small. I'm going on holiday at the beginning of June and I don't want to spoil my enjoyment by feeling fat and self-conscious.

I'm going to:
1) rejoin MFP - I've already entered todays food.
2) go to zumba tonight and actually put some effort into it rather than taking it easy.
3) make sensible lunches for work rather than spend money on fattening rubbish.
4) stop hovering up my DD's leftovers.

Enough is enough!

Is anyone with me for some moral support??

Ponks Tue 16-Apr-13 22:26:53

Christine Shred is fab for toning, I have had great results so far, dropped a dress size and am able to fit into some of my old clothes that I thought I'd never wear again. I know I am sounding very evangelical about it but at just over 20 mins it is a great all round workout.

munchkin I also write down my workouts & weights - it does help motivate you. 6lbs by end May sounds like a good target!

I still have a lot of weight to lose - between 1.5 and 2 stone will get me to a nice healthy BMI. I do set targets, but at the moment my weight loss has stalled a bit so I'm just taking things slowly & keeping on exercising & trying not to go back to old habits.

hmc Tue 16-Apr-13 22:28:54

I have steadily gained 14lbs whilst studying with the open university so yes, feeling blobby, and definitely with you

workatemylife Tue 16-Apr-13 23:28:53

Worley and Rusmum - you are me as well! I just put up a new thread about how to get cracking on shifting the stone in weight that has arrived in my midsection since December. Like you I lost a lot of weight last year and felt great, but seem to have thrown it all away in the last few months. Can I join the 'enough is enough' group too please?

Today was day #1 of my attempt to slim down and get fit. I took a walk to and from work, made a salad lunch rather than buying a cheese-tastic panini, drank tea rather than latte, and had fruit for pudding at home rather than cake / biscuity things. Not bad for day one, but then it is only day one. Willpower much in evidence today, but ask me next week.

My target - maybe a bit optimistic - is to lose a stone by the end of May when we go off on hols. Will you hold my hand (and drag me out of bed in the morning)?

Bakingnovice Wed 17-Apr-13 10:02:43

Hi everyone. Day 3 for me and im shocked that all seems to be going v well. Expected much worse as have cut everything out (like an idiot) so no sugar, caffeine, dairy, carbs. Just wanted a fortnight of short sharp shocking before I settle into 5:2 and exercise. I've not started my walking as I'm still headachy. How is everyone today? My short term goal
Is to lose a stone by June. Long term goal is to get to my two stone target by Xmas.

worley Wed 17-Apr-13 16:49:52

well... I did ok yesterday till I found a twirl hidden in the fridge and accidentally ate it sad
today's been ok so far. will be off for an hours walk along beach while ds2 is in beavers this evening. haven't managed to start tracking yet but no bad foods today.. so far smile

ChristineDaae Wed 17-Apr-13 17:13:07

Hi all, doing ok so far today, only up to about 15 carbs, and thinking of making chicken bacon and cheese for tea.
Today is day3 and the first time I've been really craving carbs. But I'm sticking it out as I weighed in this morning and have lost 4.6lb since Sunday. No shredding today, got a rare Thursday night off tomorrow so going to do it then smile

rusmum Wed 17-Apr-13 17:28:16

Had a poopy piggy day. Soooo hungry all day! So nibbled anything in sight! Why???????? sad

BadTemperedLadybird Wed 17-Apr-13 18:31:03

Nice to see more of us getting back on that healthy bandwagon! Welcome all newcomers smile

I got up the courage to weigh myself this morning........12 stone 7 1/2 pounds sad angry blush
I weigh the same as I did a year ago when my DD was only a few months old!! I feel very cross with myself but even more determined to lose half a stone by the end of May and then an additional stone by the end of July. That's the plan desperate hope anyway!

Ooo can I join!?

DS is 2 and a bit so yes, no excuse grin

He just started nursery though so I now have more time to fit in exercise (and a lone parent, a skint one) & do the shred without waking him up!

I'm 5ft 7 but weigh eleven and a half stone (and I don't carry it well aha).

Weighed 14 after DS though! & was a tiny 10 before him so just want to slowly lose a stone then keep it off with watching what I eat, no crazy diets for me.

tried the 5:2 & thought I was going to eat DS I was so hungry blush

Am also very aware that it's summer soon and I don't want to spend this summer feeling as self-conscious as I did the last one sad

It's silly really, you'd think if it upset me that much I'd have some blooming will power grin

BettySuarez Wed 17-Apr-13 18:41:28

Me - I'm in!!!

Have started MFP again as have at least 5 stone to lose blush

Would love some MFP friends - how do I go about that ? Do I just share my profile name?

this is my MFP profile

not sure it's the right link though! smile

OnTheNingNangNong Wed 17-Apr-13 19:45:16

it's myfitnesspal.com/ your username

I'm not doing too badly, walked to school and back each day this week and have been doing an xbox workout each evening, so I'm feeling pretty exhausted good.

Id like to lose half a stone by the end of May, but mainly I would like to lose the bingo wings so I can go sleeveless when the summer comes.

That's the right link then smile

^ I have the same issue re: arms. I'm not massive but due to my shape it all goes to my arms & tummy, not really my legs or bum. I got really hot last year as I barely took off my cardi...stubborn grin

ChristineDaae Thu 18-Apr-13 07:39:52

Morning all, hope you all have a lovely (healthy) day!
I've set myself mini milestones to keep me going, and hit my first one today. 5lbs down... 24ish to go! grin
I'm finding it really helps me being on here. Don't want to have to come on and tell you all I've gained weight.

Hello christine smile

Well done! I hadn't weighed myself in ages and last time I did I weighed 12st. Have been very happy lately & busy as son's started nursery and when I checked this morning I've lost half a stone! So maybe the next stone won't be as hard as I often make out to myself so that I can put it off cus i'm a lazy git hehe

putyourhatonsweetie Thu 18-Apr-13 08:46:40

Sounds like everyone is making a great start. I haven't been too bad. DH cleaned the fridge and I shopped and as a consequence it only contains healthy stuff (no rogue twirls wink )and looks nice.

One of my key things when i am dieting is to try and make really delicious food, so I don't feel like I am being deprived. Tonight it is stuffed aubergines with salad (and wedges for the children and dh). Have been taking my packed lunch to work as well so that I don't get distracted by toasties and cream buns. Exercise been a bit tricky to fit in. Particulalrly as lasy night I went for a ten minute snooze and woke up this morning grin but up for shred and yoga tonight.

Keep it all up everyone

putyourhatonsweetie Thu 18-Apr-13 08:49:15

oh short term target, exercise three times a week and lose 6 kilos by end of May

Bakingnovice Thu 18-Apr-13 10:00:02

Hi everyone. Beware the rogue twirls girls!

I'm doing well. Feeling good but a bit whoozy having cut everything out. Am caving today and having a cup of tea as I really need a bit of energy. Looking forward to my treat meal on sat night of peri chicken and salad. Can't wait. Hope you all have a good day today. My weigh in is on sat but weighed this morning and I'm 5lb down so chuffed. Don't expect to lose at this rate next week but it's a great start. It's been hard low carbing though!

putyourhatonsweetie Thu 18-Apr-13 10:35:36

well done Bakingnovice, I understand about the woozy, i had a three day headache last week, which I think was lack of sugar and caffeine...I don't normally have too much but the Easter craziness followed by complete abstinence...

Well done on the 5lb. what a strong start

workatemylife Thu 18-Apr-13 10:36:28

I've joined MFP too! I just filled in my food diary for the day, and exercise diary, but it isn't complete. But oh my word, just how bad are grapes as a snack food?! I've chucked a whole handful into my packed lunch for today and that has apparently put me over my 'sugar' goal for the day. Ouch! We're having baked fish for dinner tonight and apparently there are not as many calories in it as there are in the grapes!
My profile is here, if we're sharing MFP

Bakingnovice Thu 18-Apr-13 14:42:22

Im actually starting to think sugar is evil. I bake lots for the kids as I don't like shop bought treats but I'm beginning to think sweet stuff is bad whether it's homemade or shop bought. It's day 4 and I still feel withdrawal symptoms from the white stuff. And i only have teaspoon in tea twice a day. Having said that it doesn't help my headache that I got slapped across the face when I was hanging the bedding on the line. It's blowing a gale out there. The washing dried in ten minutes flat, but I've not gone to bring it in as I'm freezing.

Just had a nice lunch of salad, boiled egg and tuna. And lots of water. Sooo cold now. Keep going everyone!!

munchkinmaster Thu 18-Apr-13 15:12:16

Hello ladies, I am clearly not going as hard core as some of you but for me, I'm looking for a new permanent way of eating. I've had 3 mini malteesers at stressy times (I'm a real emotional eater) but no other unplanned snacks or binges so feeling positive. Tonight it's mushroom stew for tea as also trying to cut down our red meat intake.

I'll maybe check out this mfp thing?

worley Thu 18-Apr-13 23:22:17

no twirls today smile I was about to write I'd done really well today for breakfast and lunch and then remembered we had macdonalds for tea as I wasn't home till after 7 and couldn't be bothered to cook..
really must get the shred out to help me out. I need to move it from shelf to tv unit...

somanymiles Fri 19-Apr-13 05:01:55

Just 7 lbs to lose--had lost all of my baby weight by January and put 7 lbs back on since then! Want to lose it slowly (1 lb a week) then keep it off. I am using the Lose It app, eating smaller portions and exercising more. Still having the odd glass of wine or piece of chocolate as I am rubbish at being virtuous! But at least I am being moderate and sticking to a calorie budget. First weigh-in tomorrow since I started last week - wish me luck. Anyone have any good tips on sneaking extra exercise in to your day? I have three children, the youngest is 2, so I am pretty busy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now