10 pounds in 4 weeks. Doekdmeifhekslelg.

(25 Posts)
Beechview Mon 22-Apr-13 10:17:49

Well I'm renewing my efforts again.

I'm also motivated by summer clothing. Last summer I was in maternity wear. If I don't get my arse into gear, I'll still probably be limited to last years t shirts! No thanks.

SunshineShowers123 Sun 21-Apr-13 17:50:19

A little bit late, but can I join in? A specific target would really help. I lost nearly 2 stone last year and I was really motivated and then I just stopped. Would love to shift another stone - I'm a bridesmaid at my sisters wedding in a couple of months and I do not want another summer feeling self conscious in summer clothing (if we ever actually get and any sun!!)
I will use MFP and I may restart the 30 day shred hmm

graceless Sat 20-Apr-13 15:08:19

Well I feel very virtuous because after three days of eating junk, I've not had anything rubbishy to eat today. Loads of water, fruit for breakfast, hummus and veg for lunch. My body is a temple etc... My scales are broken so no idea what I weigh though!

Beechview Fri 19-Apr-13 09:32:58

I think eliminating carbs is the quickest way to weight loss. I've done Atkins before and I lost loads of weight in just a couple of weeks.
I can't do proper no carbs now so just reduce them or have a carb curfew eg no carbs after lunch.

Pinebarrens Thu 18-Apr-13 19:43:00

I'm a bit late to the party but started WW this week (fell off the wagon after Xmas).

Start weight on Monday was 11st 5 would love to lose a stone. Will weigh in tomorrow.

graceless Thu 18-Apr-13 19:08:20

Is no carb the way to go do you reckon?? I've never tried it

Beechview Thu 18-Apr-13 10:52:33

I'm still trying with this though I did have bread yesterday. I've been doing lots of walking too.
I've had banana and porridge today and will stick to no carb/low fat for the rest of the day apart from fruit.

Beechview Tue 16-Apr-13 10:35:22

I weighed myself this morning and am exactly 12 stone so better than I thought.

porridge and fruit for breakfast
chick pea based lunch
chicken with cauliflower for dinner
lots of water

graceless Tue 16-Apr-13 00:56:51

Parma, that sounds both easy and yummy - I might do it for my tea tomorrow thank you thanks

Today I have been marvellous again:

eggs for breakfast,
proper dinner with gravy and everything for tea, but only one teeny yorkshire pud and loads of veggies
couple of yogurts in the evening.

so not exactly low carb, but not a toast fest which is what i usually do.... hmm

Beechview Mon 15-Apr-13 21:54:25

that sounds like a good recipe. Very quick and easy.

I had a good day today and had chicken and veg for dinner. I feel really peckish at the moment but will not succumb. I'm virtual shopping for all the nice summer dresses I'll be able to wear once I lose this weight.
Must stay strong and focussed!

ParmaViolette Mon 15-Apr-13 15:09:02

Also if anyone wants the eggs in purgatory recipe. It's poached eggs in a (spicy, if you want) tomato sauce.

Ingredients:
2 eggs
Black pepper
Tin of chopped tomatoes
Any spices you like, if you like hot- I use paprika and chilli flakes
Olive oil

You need a pan with a lid too.

-bit of olive oil in a pan, pour in the tomatoes and add the spices and pepper- simmer on a high heat.
-when bubbling hot- crack the eggs on top so they float in the tomatoes and put the lid on the pan and turn down the heat on the hob.
-leave for 6 minutes, and voila- a lovely filling low carb dinner. Serve in a shallow bowl or pasta bowl.

Works out as 181 cals on my fitness plan. I allow 50 cals for a squeeze of sweet chilli sauce and grill some asparagus to dip in it. For DCs and non-dieters, it's so gorgeous in a big bowl with chunky buttered white bread salivates

- but the diet version is just as nice!

ParmaViolette Mon 15-Apr-13 15:01:17

Hi Beechview smile we are a similar height and I started 12.3 just under a week ago, I'm now 11.12 so way on schedule, but I'm giving myself the 4 weeks to allow myself to lose a true 10 pounds, where I've lost fat, not just the bloating that came with my horrible diet.

Would love to say I've cut out sugar completely like the amazing hardcore ladies on BIWI's thread- but every couple of days I've allowed myself a couple of biscuits with my colleagues in work or a titchy little mini Milky Way. My meals have contained no carbs at all, and have mostly been living off of Eggs in Purgatory (yummy egg and tomato dish), spinach, bacon, asparagus, grilled chicken, and more eggs bahahaha grin I have been drinking lots and lots of water though and am seeing the benefit in my skin, which is lovely!

Beechview Mon 15-Apr-13 14:37:06

I would love to lose 10lbs in 4 weeks.
I think I am 12 stone 7lbs and 5'2"

I'm doing slimming world but am doing no carbs in the evening as well to hopefully get good weight loss. I also like dhal or curry and rice smile

ParmaViolette Mon 15-Apr-13 14:02:14

Graceless -Don't beat yourself up about the diet coke! I don't think I could live without it wink as long as you're drinking 2-3 litres of water a day along side it.

Another pound down today for me. I must stop weighing myself, it's getting addictive and I will start crying when it eventually stops coming off each day.

But I am proud, 11.12 sounds terrible, but still soooo much better than 12.3!

graceless Mon 15-Apr-13 12:21:37

Well I am proud - I didn't eat any crap yesterday grin This is a massive achievement for me.

Had scrambled egg for breakfast (made with butter. Nice)
Vegetable soup for lunch
Couple of yogurts to keep me going
Carrot sticks and oatcakes and hummus for tea

Did have a sneaky diet coke but that was drinking crap, not eating it, so it doesn't count!!

Must weigh myself.

I'm in. Holiday booked for 8 weeks time, current weight 13st 7.5 lbs and want to be 12 stone by holiday. Goal weight is 9st 7lb as I'm 5ft4 and look too big any bigger.

I need my fitness pal. Friend has lost six stone using this and looks amazing

ParmaViolette Sun 14-Apr-13 19:00:40

Checking in, 11.11 this morning smile I know it's going start slowing down soon as this weight coming off is the residue of my shit diet- but if I can be 11.7 in a weeks time that will be awesome.

Housemates are getting a Chinese tonight, have ordered chicken and broccoli with beansprouts. So annoying when I want a sugar fest of Kung pow chicken and Singapore noodles with plum sauce waaaah hmm

SomeKindOfDeliciousBiscuit Sun 14-Apr-13 13:01:13

Yes yes! Let me try to keep up with you. I'm signing in as I have a couple of stone to lose and want to make as much headway as I can within the next six weeks before a christening. If I lose a decent amount I'll be thinking about new clothes (although haven't mentioned that to DH, haha wink ) but I would love to lose. I think I'm 11st 12lbs as of last night due to curry and sociable cake. So here we go!
I like the oats so simple porridge because it's quick and tasty and good for filling me up. Would that suit you?

graceless Sun 14-Apr-13 12:58:35

Me! Me! 10lbs in 4 weeks would be awesome. I'm planning a Harcombey/clean and leaney stylie loads of protein, loads of veg, loads of water, good fats, low-ish carb approach. I might exercise if I can be arsed

What does the German thing mean????!!!

ParmaViolette Sat 13-Apr-13 17:47:12

My small dinner and big breakfast, plan has gone out of the window today due to an early start and being too lazy to prep food the night before. Must be more organised!

ParmaViolette Sat 13-Apr-13 17:01:58

Oh excellent! Having a day off of the scales today. I don't want to become a slave to them, or I turn into a stroppy child when my weight fluctuates.

Good to see more people working to a similar timescale. Fingers crossed we get there be it a birthday or the prelude to a bridesmaid fitting!

I had a yogurt and some home made satay sticks for breakfast- won't be home until late tonight, so I'm supping my way through my two litre bottle of water. Dinner will probably be a spinach frittata. Or maybe some grilled sausages and a poached egg.

I've just discovered MFP and have become a bit addicted. Me and the flatmates have made an excel spreadsheet too!

Samnella Sat 13-Apr-13 09:31:34

I will join. I am doing mfp and this morning weighed 12.3 which is a 4lbs loss in 2 weeks but really not putting full effort in. I like your plan and my calorie allowance is the same.10lbs in 4 weeks would be great as I am having a bridesmaid dress fitting in 8 weeks and really want to lose a stone at least by then.

Moknicker Sat 13-Apr-13 02:19:03

hi - I started a thread end feb trying to lose a stone. lost some but put a lot back on over easter. My birthday is also in about 4 weeks time so keen to try and get some pounds off by then and try and get to my pre pregnancy weight.

My problem is not losing the weight but it is keeping it off. I have lost the same five - ten pounds over and over again. This is my last ditch effort. By my birthday i will throw away all the clothes that i no longer fit in and embrace my shape whatever it is.

ParmaViolette Fri 12-Apr-13 22:47:06

Shameless bump. Woke up 11.13 stone today though- yes! grin

ParmaViolette Thu 11-Apr-13 17:50:04

After a stressful uni term which invoked a stone weight gain confused ...I am well and truly back on the bandwagon.

Started at 12.3 stone two days, ago and just after 48 hours of not living off cheesy chips, skittles and Guinness- I'm 3 pounds down. As I'm so big for my frame at the moment (I'm a petite 5'1)...I'm hoping the first stone comes off quickly.

It's my birthday in 4 weeks and I have lots of festivities planned, and I'd like to go out and buy a dress without having an emotional breakdown in the changing rooms. 10 pounds will see me looking gorgeous in a size 12, as opposed to looking crammed in- so that's what I'm aiming for.

Plans are to low-carb, but not to reduce anything completely, a handful of brown rice with a dhal shouldn't do me any harm, 2 litres of water a day, and the 'breakfast like a king, lunch like a pauper, dinner like a peasant' philosophy, eating around 1200 calories a day with thrice weekly workouts. Have wheedled a flat mate in so I'll have moral support, but web support is appreciated too grin

If you have a similar amount of weight to lose in a similar time scale, sign in so we can hand hold and keep motivated!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now