im looking for a diet buddy! through text messages!

(4 Posts)
Ladyemem Wed 10-Apr-13 08:32:07

anyone want to share what they eat/drink and any exercise on a daily basis. (couple of times a day through text messages)

i have been trying to keep a tracker of everything i eat but thought it would be nice to share with someone else. That way we can both lose weight. my weekness is i have a sweet tooth and eat too much cake, biscuits and chocolate. Im mainly veggie and only occassionally eat fish and chicken and only drink alcohol when out with friends/partys. By doing it this way im thinking it would stop and make me think as i wouldnt really want to text someone to say ive been a pig and had 2 mars bars and 10 biscuits and 2 slices of cream cake!.
Im in my 40's, 4 kids, 5ft 7 and weigh 13 stone. live in east sussex. 3 years ago i went to weight watchers and got down to 10.7 in just 3 months by simply tracking watching what i eat. i dont fancy joining again. anyone want to join me or give it a go for a week. im kick starting my day with weetabix followed by a combat and a box fit class. :-D, will check any messages this afteroon. you can private message if you prefer.

MrsLoobyloola Wed 10-Apr-13 13:18:05

Hi, that sounds like a good idea but because you are mainly veggie, I'm not sure you'd be better to friend up with someone else veggie, that way you can share more? I've just hit the big 50.

Ladyemem Wed 10-Apr-13 14:02:08

oh well it was worth a try. looks like im on my own. Hope you had a great 50th Mrs Loobyloola.

BambieO Thu 11-Apr-13 14:44:37

You should try MFP, I'm friends with lots of mn'ers on there and we check each others food and send messages and updates daily.

I am tinamcbeana and you will see the other mn'ers commenting on my posts, I'm sure they will be happy for you to send them a friend request?

It's a free app and so good for losing, I have lost over 20 pounds since I joined at the beginning of march

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now