Need help with 5:2 diet

(8 Posts)
frenchfancy Wed 10-Apr-13 07:01:29

I normally just eat what I want; I have had weeks where I've counted to make sure what I want is normal, but I don't do it all the time.

Uggalug Tue 09-Apr-13 21:44:15

Frenchfancy: thats a great achievement, fair play to u for losing all te weight.. do u count calories on ur feast days or eat what u want?

MintyyAeroEgg Mon 08-Apr-13 20:12:50

However, sorry, I don't want to be discouraging! Apologies. For most people it works very well for weight loss. My dh has lost nearly 2 stone. Good luck with it all, its worth trying for a few months? smile

MintyyAeroEgg Mon 08-Apr-13 20:05:51

I was a size 16 last September and still a size 16 now. It doesn't work (in terms of weight loss) for everyone.

frenchfancy Mon 08-Apr-13 19:44:34

It is doable. I was a size 16 last September, I am now a small 12 (I need a belt on my size 12s so I think I might be a 10 now.)

Just make sure you keep an eye on the alcohol at weekends, I was pretty shocked when I started logging how many calories I had been drinking. Especially when you log the size of the glass of wine rather than a small glass. I do still drink, but I limit to weekends and I try and use smaller glasses to reduce the quantity - and therefore the calories.

I fast for 2 days a week and now find it normal, it is just part of my life.

Uggalug Mon 08-Apr-13 13:03:11

Thanks, I'll try that. Getting married next year and would love to be a healthy size 12, im a 16 at the minute, and I failed at every other diet in the past

frenchfancy Mon 08-Apr-13 12:11:07

Weight gain isn't always fat. It could just be bloating from a heavy weekend or totm.

If you are concerned try logging everything on mfp for a couple of weeks to make sure your idea of eating (and drinking) is really normal.

Uggalug Mon 08-Apr-13 11:34:18

Add message | Report | Message poster Uggalug Mon 08-Apr-13 11:07:30
Hi started the 5:2 diet a while back an lost 5lb over 2 months, while continuing to stick to the plan I went out 2 wknds in a row for dinner and drank alcohol, an had a chippy yesterday, I stuck to 500 calories on my fast days and didn't over indulge on my feast days, on an odd day I treated myself to a cinnamon bun, but not much rubbish other than that, anyway I weighed myself this morn and I have gained the 5lb again so I'm wondering do u have to be wile strict with urself on the feast days and don't drink much alcohol for the weight to stay off???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now