Need help with 5:2 diet

(8 Posts)
Uggalug Mon 08-Apr-13 11:34:18

Add message | Report | Message poster Uggalug Mon 08-Apr-13 11:07:30
Hi started the 5:2 diet a while back an lost 5lb over 2 months, while continuing to stick to the plan I went out 2 wknds in a row for dinner and drank alcohol, an had a chippy yesterday, I stuck to 500 calories on my fast days and didn't over indulge on my feast days, on an odd day I treated myself to a cinnamon bun, but not much rubbish other than that, anyway I weighed myself this morn and I have gained the 5lb again so I'm wondering do u have to be wile strict with urself on the feast days and don't drink much alcohol for the weight to stay off???

frenchfancy Mon 08-Apr-13 12:11:07

Weight gain isn't always fat. It could just be bloating from a heavy weekend or totm.

If you are concerned try logging everything on mfp for a couple of weeks to make sure your idea of eating (and drinking) is really normal.

Uggalug Mon 08-Apr-13 13:03:11

Thanks, I'll try that. Getting married next year and would love to be a healthy size 12, im a 16 at the minute, and I failed at every other diet in the past

frenchfancy Mon 08-Apr-13 19:44:34

It is doable. I was a size 16 last September, I am now a small 12 (I need a belt on my size 12s so I think I might be a 10 now.)

Just make sure you keep an eye on the alcohol at weekends, I was pretty shocked when I started logging how many calories I had been drinking. Especially when you log the size of the glass of wine rather than a small glass. I do still drink, but I limit to weekends and I try and use smaller glasses to reduce the quantity - and therefore the calories.

I fast for 2 days a week and now find it normal, it is just part of my life.

MintyyAeroEgg Mon 08-Apr-13 20:05:51

I was a size 16 last September and still a size 16 now. It doesn't work (in terms of weight loss) for everyone.

MintyyAeroEgg Mon 08-Apr-13 20:12:50

However, sorry, I don't want to be discouraging! Apologies. For most people it works very well for weight loss. My dh has lost nearly 2 stone. Good luck with it all, its worth trying for a few months? smile

Uggalug Tue 09-Apr-13 21:44:15

Frenchfancy: thats a great achievement, fair play to u for losing all te weight.. do u count calories on ur feast days or eat what u want?

frenchfancy Wed 10-Apr-13 07:01:29

I normally just eat what I want; I have had weeks where I've counted to make sure what I want is normal, but I don't do it all the time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now