AnnieLobeseder's MyFitnessPal Support Group Inaugural Thread

(38 Posts)

Hello everyone!

I have been using MyFitnessPal to log my food and exercise, and I'm finding it a lovely tool to use (I love the barcode scanner!!), but I need to add some accountability.

When I successfully lost weight for my wedding, and kept it off until the DC arrived, I was part of an online diet community where we had support groups, and even some fun competitions between teams to reach weekly weight loss/exercise goals. I found it really worked for me. I was more able to resist that extra slice of cake when I knew that it everyone would know about it, and that I would be letting my team down if I didn't make my weight loss goal for the week.

So, since MyFitnessPal allows you to have friends from Facebook, I have formed a secret (you can't see it unless you're a member) Facebook group, and I'd love you to join me there.

I though that in the beginning, we'd just go for mutual support and accountability, with MyFitnessPal posting our daily summaries so we can all see how each other are doing. Then maybe later on, if people are keen, we could even try out some friendly competition.

Who's keen? Shout out on this thread, and I'll PM you the link to the group.

Thanks Annie - it has just popped up in my newsfeed and I then clicked over to DH's Fb account and checked my profile as one of his friends and you can't see it, so the privacy all appears to be working. So long as we post into the group and not our walls it should all stay private.

chocohen Mon 08-Apr-13 23:51:21

Annie
I would like to join your MFP group please. I was using it in the autumn and doing quite well but a combination of things meant I fell off the wagon big time. I think a group of MN MFPs would be a good motivator! :-)

MrsTwgtwf Mon 08-Apr-13 23:54:19

Wait! Wait! Wait for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Please can I join?

thanks thanks brew

Welcome, welcome, I've messaged you both.

chocohen Tue 09-Apr-13 00:11:55

Annie
Ta got your message and have sent friend request.

Right, now that everyone is all settled in, I really need to go to bed! I told poor DH I'd join him shortly for an early night hours ago!

Wishing everyone a day of healthy eating tomorrow.

Doing a bump in case anyone else is interested. The group is going well so far - lots of support and good ideas being shared.

Me too please, I've been MFPing for a week and an getting quite into it now smile

Devora Tue 09-Apr-13 22:59:18

Room for another? Fit and fifty for me, sadly.

DancesWithWoolEnPointe Thu 11-Apr-13 13:41:11

Oh alright Lobesederderderder, count me in.

I'm a failed SWer. I lost 4 stone and have put pretty much all of it back on. Boo hiss.

LifeofPo Thu 11-Apr-13 13:42:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Hello extra folk, welcome on board. I've messaged you details on joining up. Except you Dances - you just got added whether you like it or not!!

jchocchip Thu 18-Apr-13 07:05:17

Btw if anyone wants to add on mfp, I'm same username as on here...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now