Shred anyone?

(167 Posts)
rusmum Tue 02-Apr-13 15:11:08

Anyone want to join me? Done day 1 today, want to tone up and lose 10 lb ish by 20 may when I go to Corfu, 1st abroad hol in over 10 years. Share success if you have done this programme previously too wink

notnowbernard Fri 26-Apr-13 11:56:06

There's a lot of strength stuff isn't there

rusmum Fri 26-Apr-13 12:02:23

I wasn't mentally prepared for that one! Lol should have watched it first,

Just realised I havent posted in here since the initial 'yes go on then' post grin

Havent been doing weekends, today was day 1 level 2. Nice to have the change as level 1 was getting boring, plus as Ive rarely ventured into level 2 ground level 1 is just too familiar. Anyway hopefully I'll be moaning about level 3 in no time...

Dont have any scales at the moment so no idea of weight etc, no changes on the tape measuring but I am liking how my upper arms are looking and the definition in my thighs. Its whats keeping me going!

lavendersgreen Fri 26-Apr-13 20:21:50

Level 3 Day 6 done and it is definitley getting easier - although I still find the first circuit a killer!

Have finally done a proper push up for the first time....struggled with the easy version on L1/D1 so really pleased with that.

Thanks to everyone, reading your posts has really kept me going, especially when I wasn't losing any weight (and sometimes gaining a lb [confuses]

Am still only 2lb lighter than when I started (26 days ago) but even I think I look slimmer and a "better" shape (and I am my biggest critic believe me smile

rusmum Sat 27-Apr-13 10:40:43

Day 21 check!!

rusmum Sat 27-Apr-13 20:00:51

Feeling stronger but no inch or weight changes yet, considering a detox to blast fat?

rusmum Sun 28-Apr-13 12:32:30

Day 22 done !

lavendersgreen Sun 28-Apr-13 17:13:26

I am also thinking about having one last big push on my diet from 1st May...had the munchies last couple days and don'twant to spoil my efforts... only got to get to 16th May then Ibizia here I come grin

2 days of shredding to go then will have to rethink where I'm going with it.

rusmum Sun 28-Apr-13 18:21:53

I bought a stupid fad detox to start Wednesday, as although I feel better i am not losing, will prob lose lots and pit it straight back on!! Corfu here we come may 20 xxwine

rusmum Mon 29-Apr-13 20:24:39

Day 23 done! Where is everyone? sad

I've had a sick OH at home, slouching about watching tv and generally interrupting my routine. Consequently I haven't managed it since last Thursday. Don't think he will be better for a few days yet either - I might be back to square one sad

Purpleknickers Tue 30-Apr-13 10:12:26

Hello Lurker here but inspired by you ladies I am now up to day 5 completed and feeling good smile

lavendersgreen Tue 30-Apr-13 14:49:51

Nice one Purple smile

Yay, yay, yay...just finished day 30 and....if I do say so myself...looking and feeling better than I ever thought I would again grin

Haven't felt this fit since before having DD 8 years ago.

So glad i found this thread - cheers ladies, cheers rusmum wine

Got 16 days to go before hols - might do level 1 tmrw, level 2 day after, level 3 day after that, then start again with L1. Will have a think!

Purpleknickers Tue 30-Apr-13 14:53:44

Thanks lavender I still have 6 weeks before my holiday so fingers crossed

rusmum Tue 30-Apr-13 21:46:27

24 done termites some of the harder moves ow ow ow

Interestingly I haven't done Shred since last Thursday - weighed myself this morning and I've lost nearly 2lb since last Friday. Been out a couple of walks but only one run/walk for half an hour last night - with the OH incapacited I've had to do all the activity transport for the boys so it's hard to squeeze everything in.

Yesterday I didn't get sat down until after 10pm sad

notnowbernard Wed 01-May-13 15:10:37

Hi to all

Still doing Level 3, definitely seeing and feeling changes, what a motivator!!!

Wish I could do a proper travelling push up but I fear it ain't gonna happen... wink

rusmum Wed 01-May-13 19:39:45

25 done! gringrin How can I blast my belly fat? Not shifting! shock

notnowbernard Wed 01-May-13 21:07:25

Rusmum - re belly fat... Hmm... A situation I've been trying to resolve myself! I've still got s wobbly bit at the front but it's definitely better than when I started, my trousers are looser and I have some abs starting to show at thf sides! shock

So I say punch on grin

Cutting down on bread had helped a bit maybe...? <ponders>

lululoves Thu 02-May-13 13:44:29

Yes! I agree, still have my stomach and it doesn't seem to be going anywhere so worried I'm doing the sit ups wrong?
I'm on day 17 now, feeling so much fitter and in much better shape than when I started, lost 2 pounds which I'm happy about but was hoping for more.
My arms look a lot more muscly but still not great as I still have my bingo wings-what size weights is very one using?! I'm using 2.5 pound ones but may have to increase as my arms are my main priority with summer coming!! grin

rusmum Thu 02-May-13 16:54:10

26 done 1 lb off that's 3 in total. Started daft detox today too . Arms legs feel more toned

rusmum Fri 03-May-13 13:38:27

27 done

Well done!

Still no shred done but pleased with the 2lb off.

Maybe I'll just work on the diet for another month and then do the shred for the last month before hols?

Maybe all i've been doing is toning up my fat grin

Thats now 26lbs off since mid Jan. It would be good to get another 9 before hols - that would be 2 and a half stone of my original 3 stone target gone. Still think i'd like a bit more off after that but will see how that looks/feels first.

Murtette Sat 04-May-13 21:03:43

I did day three, level one today. I'm enjoying it, especially today as I ditched my 5kg weights (the only ones I have) for 1lb tins of tomatoes as my arms had been agony and I'd really struggled to complete the arm movements in the strength bit.
A few questions:
- do I have to do 30 days of level one or can I move up a level when I feel like it?
- is there a way of skipping her intro chat? It was useful on day one but I don't need it now and it wastes 2 minutes watching it.
I'm sure I had another question but can't remember what it was now.
I do zumba twice a week so will skip the shred on those days.
Has anyone gone from doing the shred to C25k? If so, how did you find it?

Murlette,

I think the intention is that you go to level 2 after 10 days and level 3 after 20 but really you move up when you feel ready.

I can skip the chat when you start on the level just by hitting fast forward as soon as I start the level 1 bit. I can't skip the earlier intro, but I put the dvd on and then i go and get my weights etc so it's usually finished by the time I am organised.

I had been doing the c25k before I started the shred so I find thye cardio bits of the shred a bit easier than i would have, but if you have been doing zumba then you should already have a level of fitness I would think.

Haven't really been doing either for the last week or so, OH still unwell and not getting the time or peace sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now