Threads in this topic will auto-delete after 90 days.

Shred anyone?

(167 Posts)
rusmum Tue 02-Apr-13 15:11:08

Anyone want to join me? Done day 1 today, want to tone up and lose 10 lb ish by 20 may when I go to Corfu, 1st abroad hol in over 10 years. Share success if you have done this programme previously too wink

rusmum Sat 13-Apr-13 10:29:07

Day 12 done! L2/2

lavendersgreen Sat 13-Apr-13 11:03:43

Also got today's over and done...has your dvd arrived yet Andi?

AndiRee Sat 13-Apr-13 11:31:08

It's arrived!!! I have watched it through and just done day 1 L1shock. I now know why I was supposed to do those pelvic floor exercises shock shock shock. OMG thank goodness it's only 20 mins. Not sure I could have done a moment more. The tummy wobble was vile during the jumping jacks etc Looking forward to doing it again tomorrow, though.

For those of you that have done it for a while - do you ever have a rest day? My 13yo DD wants to do it too. Any opinions?

lavendersgreen Sat 13-Apr-13 12:52:04

Well done Andi if it's any consolation I know exactly what you mean about the pelvic floor problem....one of the reasons why I prefer to exercise at home grin

Haven't had any rest days yet (hoping to power through) but we will see....

rusmum Sat 13-Apr-13 22:21:10

Oh bollocks!!! Drinking g and t!!! No will power blushblushblushblush now have the munches!!!!!!

lavendersgreen Sun 14-Apr-13 12:48:31

Done day 14....really didin't feel like it to be honest, but don't want to give up now...I can see (and feel) that it's working , do you think it is normal to lose some enthusiasm mid way through?

Lol at rusmum, wish this being fit and healthy malarky was bloody easier!!

AndiRee Sun 14-Apr-13 13:13:41

Day 2 done - although I felt like an old woman this morning when I got out of bed - disclaimer I am an old woman though wink

My 13 yo dd joined me this morning and she wasn't even out of breath, unlike me!

Not sure I will have the time to do it in the mornings now as it's too manic with the school run, so I guess I'll be doing it in the evenings from Monday.

Diet wise yesterday was great until dinner when caved in to a Chinese take away - epic fail. This was amid lots of swearing as building a set of bunk beds in a room only just big enough. 2 hours my arse - all blinking afternoon right up to 8pm.

Today is going to be a good diet friendly day.

rusmum Sun 14-Apr-13 20:18:53

Have decided that g & t is good your health!! Burned about 40 extra calories on shred today with hangover than usual. Lol winewinewine didn't feel,like it but forced myself, done 3 ,
Mile walk/ jog too x back to work tomorrow (boo) so ?? If ill fit shred in! Well try my best x

1gglePiggle Sun 14-Apr-13 21:28:15

Just completed day 14! Am really annoyed though as have not lost ANY weight, if anything I have put on a 1lb! hmm Am definitely feeling demotivated, DP says I look slimmer but not sure if he's just being nice!

I should have done measurements at the start. I feel fitter as I now feel doing level 1 would be easy(ish) and I nearly died on day 1! My arms are more defined I guess. I don't think the abs work is long enough so sometimes do a few extra after once I have my breath back.

Need to stay motivated! Really can't be bothered at the end of the day which is only chance I have.

FrantasticO Sun 14-Apr-13 21:42:54

Latecomers welcome?
Day 1 done for me.
Quite like shred, want to lose a stone and plan to do shred days I can't get to gym.
I also have the joy of little helpers cheering from the sidelines on my back
Wish I could take a pill and be down the stone but that ain't happening so onwards! grin

notnowbernard Mon 15-Apr-13 08:25:03

Iggle - don't fret, from what I'm hearing from v motivated ladies on the Jillian Michaels thread is that Shred isn't so much about weight loss, its more about tone and shape. You WILL be getting fitter and more defined. Also there is something about muscles retaining water after exercise? I didn't lose anything last week either but can see a difference in my shape

Onwards and upwards! grin

1gglePiggle Mon 15-Apr-13 19:37:43

Thanks notnowbernard, you're giving me much needed hope! grin

hotbot Mon 15-Apr-13 20:14:54

On, day 2l1, also have 6 yr old and 3 yr old to help hmm
I thought I was going to die and have ached all day. I am also doing the food diary thingy. I need to lose 100st by the end of may

lavendersgreen Mon 15-Apr-13 20:29:28

Another one here who hasn't lost any weight sad (day 15 L2/5)....it helps knowing I'm not the only one and that it's "normal".

Shoulders/arms def look better...must keep going.....

rusmum Mon 15-Apr-13 21:02:56

Day 14 done, not noticing any changes, still big fat old flabby belly xxblush 169 calories and sweating cobs lol

FrantasticO Mon 15-Apr-13 22:31:36

Day 2 done!

Hotbot love the name and the 100st commentgrin

Rusmum is that how many calories we burn for the shred???
Feel a bit cheated as it feels like so much more.

We will all change shape.
Rome wasn't built in a day and all that.

Still wishing for that miracle supermodel body pill though.

rusmum Tue 16-Apr-13 20:04:21

First one missed up to now! Feel as sick as a dog! Tummy pains etc, ugh!!!! sad

rusmum Tue 16-Apr-13 20:04:59

Fran only burns 160-190 calories

hotbot Tue 16-Apr-13 23:01:55

Ok missed today, but walked home and did 45mins swimming. On target with. Fitness life cal counter thingy.......have also measured myself, as advised earlier ,
Good luck everyone

AndiRee Tue 16-Apr-13 23:10:55

Ok day 4 done! I did do day 3 but forgot to post. It's difficult to find the motivation to do it in the evening, I really had to persuade myself tonight but luckily the angel on my shoulder won rather than the devil!

I've put on 1lb too so not impressed. I have been really good diet wise post the cheeky Chinese last Saturday. Hopefully by this Saturday I should see a loss on the scales.

rusmum Wed 17-Apr-13 14:50:49

Day 15 done! Losing the motivation as seeing no changes? Anyone else?

lululoves Wed 17-Apr-13 21:42:43

Hi! I've been looking for a shred thread and come across this one-can I join?! Day two today- so so achy! Please can someone reassure me that it is worth it...!! grin

BabyRuSh Thu 18-Apr-13 01:59:23

Day 5 for me here and in already seeing changes! My clothes are looser and I've lost 1lb already! Am very achy though, and I'm feeling incredibly warm all day and night. I think my metabolic rate must be higher than usual. I am also eating fairly wealthy and following ww principles of lots of fruit and veg. I'm so glad it's only 20 min though!

Chubfuddler Thu 18-Apr-13 05:49:17

Day 5 for me last night, by the time I get kids to bed and tidy up its about 9pm before I can do it but I am sleeping well so that's a plus! Weight not shifted for 2 weeks (am half heartedly doing slimming world) so need to up my game - I've lost and kept off 3.5 stone for the last year so not all doom and gloom, but I want to lose another 1.5 so a fair way to go. If I could do that by say, end of June that would be beyond awesome.

lululoves Thu 18-Apr-13 08:18:00

That's great to hear then! Just done my third session this morning and feeling so so achy but good to hear that you think it's worth it! I have another 20lbs to lose and stalling a little so hopefully this will get the ball rolling again! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now