Reverse Lent: starting a diet on Easter Monday

(102 Posts)

Right, I had a baby 3 months ago. I need to lose 2 stone. I've eaten quite enough chocolate today. Tomorrow I'm starting a diet. Who's with me?

Normally I would do this as 'Sober October', but this year it's Reverse Lent. I'll eschew alcohol, eat lots of fruit and veg and try to get back into exercising. I don't anticipate losing both stone in 40 days, but I'd like to get a good head wind behind me for the rest of it.

I'll start by weighing myself tomorrow (Monday) morning, and weigh in each Monday after.

I'd really appreciate a bit of company with this. 40 days should be manageable, it's got a good (biblical) ring to it and by the time we're finished, it'll be well into spring and we can wear some nice clothes.

What more could we want?

Morning all. Stuck on 156 still here, but after a difficult week. Looks like we're in for another couple of tricky ones as my husband is going to have to go back to the UK to go to a funeral and deal with some legal stuff. So I'm giving up! No doubt I'll be back in a month or so to shift the last stone. Good luck y'all.

eagleray Thu 16-May-13 22:10:39

Sorry for absence - been on hols. Looked an absolute sight in my swimwear, but did manage to lose a few kilos in the weeks leading up to going away, thanks to this thread!

Sorry you're giving up Whimsical - sounds like you have more important things to worry about at the moment.

Is anyone left? I have some new-found enthusiasm for dieting and am going to carry on - if I can get down to 80kg by the end of June I will be over the moon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now