Keeping off the pie and the cigs...we'll live until 180!

(658 Posts)
FrantasticO Sat 30-Mar-13 20:55:56

Hey new thread since our old stopping smoking and not gaining-too--much weight has been lost from chat! BOO!!!

I am not a good role model however as I HAVE piled on a stone, well 12 lbs now, since giving up the cigs.
This must be rectified!
Hence joining in the club section!

Donnadoon hope you find this thread.

Everyone else pile in, join and be happy or miserable bastard ex smokers

Donnadoon Fri 21-Jun-13 19:30:27

Hiya, all good here, all naughty cravings have passed
Been walking dog ... Fast ...with bum cheeks clenched
Feeling good
Hope alls good with you and that progress is being made at home
Chat again later

FrantasticO Fri 21-Jun-13 21:24:30

Hahahaha at bum clenching...what a picture you paint!

House still standing and I haven't murdered anyone so all good. grin

I'm still having the odd fleeting notion this week, have been constantly busy and not able to control everything house wise.

Onwards!

Catch up later.
Easy weekend planned here.

Donnadoon Fri 21-Jun-13 21:48:17

Thought you might like that ! Ha ha
I'm starving at the moment , I've had 3 sensible meals today and no picking at crap
If I could do this every day forever I would be a size 10 for the rest of my life...but food is just too delicious
Going to sleep now dreaming about kebabs ..mmmmm

FrantasticO Sat 22-Jun-13 10:22:42

We might be clones!
I read the Indian takeaway menu last night...just read it!
I so need to get a life

Anyhow peeing down with rain here so off to try entertain the kids without sun.
It was lovely being able to be in the garden all day.

Stay strong.
Step.Away.From.The.Kebab!

Donnadoon Sun 23-Jun-13 19:22:30

Hola !
All good here...no kebababadge or curry s ...just a couple of slices of pizza this weekend and wine
But feeling good
Looking forward to the week ahead for once now that the hunk of junk feels a bit lighter grin
It will be even better when the rain pisses off and the sun shines again grin

FrantasticO Sun 23-Jun-13 22:20:19

Well done on the trunk situationgrin

The weatherman says the sun is coming back!
On your marks get set go to catch some sun grin

More work commences on the house tomorrow...
Oh joy of joys!
Catch up soon.

FrantasticO Mon 24-Jun-13 20:43:34

Heeellllp!

Nursery trip tomorrow, I'm taking 2 of mine and seem to have acquired someone else's also!

Wish me luck!

How's things going your way?

Off to make huge packed lunch...yum!

Donnadoon Tue 25-Jun-13 06:38:14

Ha good luck on the trip!
Awww think of all the fun you'll have...queuing and trips to the toilet [groan]..bless em!
All ok here. Had a pack of crisps and a chocolate bar and a slice of cake yesterday ffs..really annoyed with myself
But today will be different!
Chat later..have a great trip!

Donnadoon Tue 25-Jun-13 20:54:56

How'd it go then? You sleeping like a baby? All worn out? grin
Ate a bit too much again today... A couple of lovely cup cakes!
Ah well !

FrantasticO Wed 26-Jun-13 13:40:02

Hahaha!

I was in bed and out cold for 730... I am such a woose.
God they kept me on the go ALL day!

Cupcakes are tiny so don't countgrin
Takes more calories to chew them than they contain (scientific fact!) grin

I so fancy a cig today. Sun is shining all is going well, but I still fancy one.

Maybe the notion will never leave me right joy I am today eh?

Catch up soon matey!

Donnadoon Wed 26-Jun-13 20:51:17

The cup cakes I nommed weren't tiny! They should have been called frickkin mug cakes/ breakfast bowl cakes ?
Anyhoo remember the slavery to the cigs and how one would never be enough...you would want another and another (wishes I could apply the same logic with mug cakes!)
grin

FrantasticO Thu 27-Jun-13 08:23:17

Laughing at mug cakes!
Step away from the cakes lady!

My theory this week is be as good as is possible without feeling the need to commit assault during the week...then FREEDOM come the weekend!

It's a bugger isn't it always having to watch what is eaten, drank, breathed! grin

We are doing well though, that's half a year.
I'm having more wee sneaky cravings the last month though, not even cravings, just a fancy for one on a nice night with a glass of vino!

I sound such a classy burd me grin

Anyhoo off to that place of misery called work to have another piece of my soul stripped away (feeling the drama queen this morning)

Enjoy your day.

STEP AWAY FROM THE CUPCAKES!!! [ grin]

FrantasticO Thu 27-Jun-13 23:53:32

I see your mug cake and I raise you a fish finger sandwich, 3 choc biscuits and a packet of hula hoops. blush

Why?

Didn't even really taste the biscuits, I was so intent on snuffling them.
Rest was pretty pants and not even worth the calories.
Gym here I come!

Hey ho, will def get my lunch tomorrow and not be so hungry when I get in.

How's you?

Donnadoon Fri 28-Jun-13 10:37:01

Mmmm fish finger sarnie..not had for donkeys
Well I have an excuse for overeating this week...I have a sodding sore throat on the horizon, always happens to me this does...when Ive been doing well shifting pounds...I seem to get run down and end up with one, Ive always suffered from them , used to get tonsillitus as a akid all the time and even when I had them out they said that I may still suffer because they cant dig the root out...Gah ! Just annoying tis all !

FrantasticO Fri 28-Jun-13 19:58:27

Oh, poor you donna.
You've had a fair few throat infections this year already.

Hope you have antibiotics at the ready to nip it in the bud, as being ill is pants.

Going to get glam...well cover the roots...at the hairdressers tomorrow.

Catch up soon grin

FrantasticO Fri 28-Jun-13 20:00:37

Oh and sandwich was just ok.

Not worth it really.
RESIST!

Donnadoon Sun 30-Jun-13 20:03:24

Hope your hair looks nice Fran, I haven't been for months ...I used to be a hairdresser though so can do it myself OKish hmm
Well the over eating paid off because the sore throat buggered off grin
Just need to shift the lard again this week...ready to power walk tomorrow!

FrantasticO Mon 01-Jul-13 20:43:29

I'm loving the hair donna grin
Lucky you being a hairdresser, wish I had that talent!

Glad to hear the throat is on the mend, poor you, it's been persistent this year.
Don't worry about the Scran when you're poorly, eat and be well.

I'm off on holiday in a couple of days so may be absent!!!
Whoop whoop! grin

If I get online when I'm away I will drop you a line!

Catch up later and concentrate on getting fully better girl thanks

Donnadoon Mon 01-Jul-13 22:08:01

Have a fab time Fran!
And eat drink and be merry yourself , that's what your hols are for!
We still haven't booked ours yet because for the first time ever we are toying with the idea of going in winter...somewhere a bit further afield than usual and hot in winter? hmm without costing the earth hmm again grin
But yes we quite fancy escaping the havoc that is Christmas but will have to find away for Santa to still visit the kids etc
But Anyhoo you enjoy yours girl and don't give that job of yours a second thought either flowers

FrantasticO Wed 03-Jul-13 08:19:50

Aw thanks donna!
I'm so excited!

Meant to be hot weather in uk next week too, so you can have a wee glass of something cold in the garden one night I'm sure!
Hope throat fully better...just think how it would have felt on the cigs.

Will be in touch!
Hope I can find the thread if I don't get to post for a couple of weeks...may have to borrow dh iPhone on holiday!

Be good, but not too good! that's my plan grin

Off to work for last shift WOO HOO!!!!!

Donnadoon Wed 03-Jul-13 10:22:08

Fran I have news ...BIG NEWS...Im preggo!!! Again!! Am I nuts or am I nuts? It was planned I wanted a small age gap as Im not getting any younger and always wanted a big family so needed to get cracking.
What do ya think ? Ive also got an amazing idea...Why dont you get yourself updiffed too? LOL Then we can be bump buddies too..Sorry ...told you I was nuts...I feel nuts...and Im so happeeeeeeee!!!
Have a wonderful holiday , I shall miss you, and think on my suggestion grin

FrantasticO Wed 03-Jul-13 20:04:24

Hey lady bump!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! flowers

I'm so so pleased for you, what lovely news!
Just done a celebration dance with my youngest for you girl!!!

Hope you are feeling good, you sound over the moon, hyper and overjoyed!! Lovely lovely news!

I will not be joining the bump camp as dh is a firm no.
I've been a mmmm one more would be good until recently as child care for no 4 would cripple us.

Anyhoo we have a countdown now!
Your bump will get bigger then you'll have a new little person envy
Can you tell I'm a wee bit jealous?!

EXCITING!!!!

Take it easy, and you're allowed a celebratory cake or ten

Catch up soon! grin

Donnadoon Wed 03-Jul-13 21:51:13

Thanks Fran and no I'm not gonna stuff too many cakes, it's too hard to shift afterwards as we know grin
Shame your hubby says no to another...mine says no to a lot of things...spending too much...home improvements ...new car etc but he don't mind the babbas, and they are the most expensive in the long run...go figure he likes to keep me chained to the kitchen sink he does barefoot and pregnant only joking...I'm very lucky I know
I used to run myself ragged working until dc2 got really poorly, I had 3 kids dc2 had pneumonia and needed 6 weeks off school and work was sooooo unsympathetic I had phone calls almost daily asking when I'd be back..they weren't interested in how my son was shock
Anyhoo so I was flapping around trying to split myself into pieces leaving him with people so I could go and do a bit of work when the boy still weren't well enough and wanted his mamma and DH put his foot down and said no more! We tightened our belts and I became a SAHM it was the right decision for us
Anyhoo you enjoy yourself Fran !
Happy hols !

FrantasticO Fri 05-Jul-13 12:40:46

Hi Donna, I am still smiling at your news! grin

Think you are right about the cakes, a treat now and again is fine though the baby needs it grin

Good for you on being at home, they are only small for a while.
If I could I'd do it too grin
Part time is the next best thing, the thought of being full time brings me out in a sweat.

Sounds like where you worked we're particularly skilled in being horrible human beings. It makes you wonder when these people can't even ask about a poorly child. You're better off out of there.

Well I'm off tonight!
Keep well and enjoy the sunshine that is forecast!
When will you get a bump do you think? I loved my bump!!! Saddo that I am!!!

Donnadoon Tue 09-Jul-13 13:00:09

Hope your having a lovely time Fran, the weathers ace here too, but tis not the same as being away. < Imagines you on sun lounger, sipping a cocktail, reading the latest OK magazine> envy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now